Conservative views driving young people away from organized religion: 'They have no reason to go'

Catholics are a separate group. No one else has the seven sacraments, penance (such as confessing your sins in a booth; sorry father, but I'm a practicing f*g), stations of the cross, not teaching the Bible, etc. Mainly, they don't preach the truth in the Bible. Most Christians groups are fine for kicking arse on the atheists, ags and sinners, i.e. the liberal troublemakers.

Last edited:
Catholics are a separate group. No one else has the seven sacraments
I wonder why that is--that other Christian denominations dropped the acts and practices of Jesus.
(1) Baptism. Jesus was baptized and he commanded Baptism
(2) Reconciliation. The many stories where Jesus to people, Your sins are forgiven.
(3) Holy Eucharist. He said, "Do this in remembrance of me.
(4) Confirmation. Receiving the Holy Spirit as Jesus promised
(5) Marriage. He favored marriage commitment.
(6) Holy Orders. He selected Twelve for special commitment to teaching the Way. (Priesthood)
(7) Sacrament of the Sick. So many stories where Jesus and the Apostles cured and laid hands on the sick.

Catholics walk in all the ways Jesus walked. Other denominations decided not all this was that important, while Catholics, throughout the ages, have continued to value all.

not teaching the Bible
Have you never read a Catholic bulletin? Bible study sessions in the morning. Bible study sessions in the evening. These are for adults. Children's classes are separate, either on Sunday morning or weekday after school. Besides this, every three years, Catholics complete reading the Bible at Sunday Mass. Those who attend daily Mass complete a read-through of the Bible once every years.

Never understood where some non-Catholic Christians picked up the idea that Catholics don't read the Bible. Or why they spread this misinformation without first checking the facts.

I wonder why that is--that other Christian denominations dropped the acts and practices of Jesus.
(1) Baptism. Jesus was baptized and he commanded Baptism
(2) Reconciliation. The many stories where Jesus to people, Your sins are forgiven.
(3) Holy Eucharist. He said, "Do this in remembrance of me.
(4) Confirmation. Receiving the Holy Spirit as Jesus promised
(5) Marriage. He favored marriage commitment.
(6) Holy Orders. He selected Twelve for special commitment to teaching the Way. (Priesthood)
(7) Sacrament of the Sick. So many stories where Jesus and the Apostles cured and laid hands on the sick.

Catholics walk in all the ways Jesus walked. Other denominations decided not all this was that important, while Catholics, throughout the ages, have continued to value all.
or, in a sitting room; bedside; in a park; a quiet corner; in one's home; in the priest's home.
Whole books have been written on the differences so don't want to get into the nitty gritty here.

You say "Catholics walk in all the ways Jesus walked," but is Jesus the ruler of the Catholic church? I think the bishops, with the pope as their head, rule the universal church. Also, do you still consider the Pope as infallible in his teachings like Jesus. AFAIK, the Catholics have humans to make (change) or interpret Jesus' rules.

Have you never read a Catholic bulletin? Bible study sessions in the morning. Bible study sessions in the evening. These are for adults. Children's classes are separate, either on Sunday morning or weekday after school. Besides this, every three years, Catholics complete reading the Bible at Sunday Mass. Those who attend daily Mass complete a read-through of the Bible once every years.

Never understood where some non-Catholic Christians picked up the idea that Catholics don't read the Bible. Or why they spread this misinformation without first checking the facts.
Again, whole books have been written on the differences so don't want to get into the nitty gritty here.

Some of the key differences of the Bible with Christianity are:

Scripture and Tradition together are the Word of God vs Scripture alone is the Word of God.

Mary is the co-redeemer and co-mediator, for she participated with Christ in the painful act of redemption vs. Jesus as the sole Redeemer and mediator.

Initial justification through Baptism vs justification by faith alone.

There's nothing in the Bible for the former in the list above.

ETA: We can get into not teaching the truth in the Bible. I'm not saying Catholicism is wrong, but it seems they have added to and made some changes to what the Bible actually says.

That said, I still think it's paramount that we are allowed to teach the global flood as science in public schools. I'm not sure what Catholics think about creation science.

Last edited:
Also, do you still consider the Pope as infallible in his teachings like Jesus.
Q: In the two thousand year history of the Catholic Church, how many infallible teachings were handed down by a Pope?
A: Two (Mary's Assumption into Heaven; Mary's Immaculate Conception)

"Infallible" was given the term "ex cathedra" which designates the teaching came from larger magisterium--The Church itself. For example both "infallible" teachings came after hundreds of years of thought and investigation by all levels of the Church--usually starting with parishioners--and then on up until finally authorized by whomever was then Pope. The term "infallible" came to be used simply because it means the teaching may not be changed by future generations--just as the teachings of Christ may not be changed by future generations. This is why Catholics hold staunchly to Apostolic tradition--so that the teachings from Christ himself will not change.

Popes (and their words) are not "infallible" and never have been.

You say "Catholics walk in all the ways Jesus walked," but is Jesus the ruler of the Catholic church? I think the bishops, with the pope as their head, rule the universal church.
You misunderstand. The Catholic Church is the Body of Christ. The reason for priests, bishops, Pope is so this immense body remains one in following Christ. Many non-Catholic Christian denominations break off into splinter congregations when disagreements occur. We choose not to splinter, but to remain one as Christ prayed that we might.

Mary is the co-redeemer and co-mediator, for she participated with Christ in the painful act of redemption vs. Jesus as the sole Redeemer and mediator.
Not so. Some discuss this, but it has never been actual teaching.

Q: In the two thousand year history of the Catholic Church, how many infallible teachings were handed down by a Pope?
A: Two (Mary's Assumption into Heaven; Mary's Immaculate Conception)

"Infallible" was given the term "ex cathedra" which designates the teaching came from larger magisterium--The Church itself. For example both "infallible" teachings came after hundreds of years of thought and investigation by all levels of the Church--usually starting with parishioners--and then on up until finally authorized by whomever was then Pope. The term "infallible" came to be used simply because it means the teaching may not be changed by future generations--just as the teachings of Christ may not be changed by future generations. This is why Catholics hold staunchly to Apostolic tradition--so that the teachings from Christ himself will not change.

Popes (and their words) are not "infallible" and never have been.
The other Christian groups say only God is "infallible," but the Catholics still have the Pope. Why have them? I don't know enough to say what happened throughout the history of the Catholic church from other Christian church views, but the liberal media usually have plenty of criticisms such as -- Eight of the worst popes in church history | CNN.

Here's something I wouldn't agree with...

"
The Holy Roman Catholic Church has for its earthly head the Sovereign Pontiff, the Bishop of Rome. So important is this office, that one of its greatest holders, the elect of God, Boniface VIII infallibly stated, “Indeed we declare, say, pronounce, and define that it is altogether necessary to salvation for every human creature to be subject to the Roman Pontiff.” But there exist in our day many radically different opinions regarding the present Supreme Pontiff of the Roman Catholic Church, as well as of his immediate few predecessors.

Among Catholics who would label themselves in any way “conservative,” “orthodox,” or “traditional” there are these two divergent assessments: One view says that the Holy Father is a living saint, he can do no wrong, and that we as Catholics should obey him in all things and not criticize anything he says or does. After all, he is infallible, and, under the direct influence of the Holy Ghost, he is leading the Church on to even greater conquests."

There's no need for a Holy Father to say all humans should be under his rule.

Last edited:
Yup, we have had bad popes. More than eight. During those times, we also had strong Catholics. No one Catholic--even if it is the Pope--can pull us away from God.
God my foot. There us no God and you've been conned.
They are leaving Religion because they are better educated. They won't buy that holy spirit crap and immaculate conception and virgin births rubbish . Grow up.

God my foot. There us no God and you've been conned.
They are leaving Religion because they are better educated. They won't buy that holy spirit crap and immaculate conception and virgin births rubbish . Grow up.
You are foolish as the global flood was proved. Not only that, there was the swan neck experiment. On top of that, it was proved that Judy was a chimpanzee and birds lived with dinosaurs. Also, science backs up the Bible. Finally, there isn't any observable nor testable evidence for evolution. Talk about crap. It's you who has fallen for it bad and believes in the rubbish. You're the one who needs to grow up as atheism is a losing hand.

Catholics are a separate group. No one else has the seven sacraments, penance (such as confessing your sins in a booth; sorry father, but I'm a practicing f*g), stations of the cross, not teaching the Bible, etc. Mainly, they don't preach the truth in the Bible. Most Christians groups are fine for kicking arse on the atheists, ags and sinners, i.e. the liberal troublemakers.
Catholics were Christian before there was a Bible so they are about traditions and scripture. Prostestants have brought in a good bit of innovation such as ignoring scripture, changing it's meaning or reinventing prophecy.

The Catholic Church here in Germany is facing a huge wave of people leaving the church, because of their very lacking efforts to shed light on rampant systematic child abuse that has been going on for decades under the guise of the church.

Even former Pope Benedict XVI was caught lying about the matter, and attempted to weasle out of the situation with weak deflections.

As long as the Catholic church doesn't address this problem and takes serious, believable efforts to really take responsibility for systematic child abuse in thousands of cases, even very religious Catholics will continue to feel the church is not the right place to practize their faith.

New Topics

Forum List

Back