Conservative views driving young people away from organized religion: 'They have no reason to go'

metalwolf

Platinum Member
Oct 21, 2020
Half of young people report feeling disconnected from their religious backgrounds, according to a new report.

A new survey found that half of people ages 13 to 25 think that religious institutions care little for the issues that matter deeply to them, such as racial justice, gender equity, immigration rights, income inequality and gun control, and that may be driving a decline in membership for several denominations, reported the Wall Street Journal.

"I don't accept the teachings when it comes to discrimination," said Christian Camacho, a 22-year-old who grew up in a conservative Catholic family in Minneapolis. "I know a fair number of young people who don't go to church, not because they will be discriminated against — they just have no reason to go."

Churches should get with the times and stop preaching hate against LGBT people.

Keep preaching hate and you will lose people.

I have noticed when i last went to church, there are fewer people in the pews.

Probably if they started accepting LGBT people and stopped preaching hate then people would return to the church.

It's time for the churches to get with the times.

On the other hand, the fastest growing segment of the Jewish Community is Orthodox Judaism.

Young people are eschewing the hippy-dippy, politically active Reform and Conservative Judaism of their parents.

That being said, Jews remain a statistically insignificant factor in American religious trends.

It's not just churches who don't accept the sins of the alphabet soup gang. Many secular people don't accept their practices.

Maybe they should accept that the majority is correct on this issue and seek the help they need.

It's time to stop catering to people's whims and trends. It's not doing them any good to go along with their fantasies.

It's not just churches who don't accept the sins of the alphabet soup gang. Many secular people don't accept their practices.

Maybe they should accept that the majority is correct on this issue and seek the help they need.

It's time to stop catering to people's whims and trends. It's not doing them any good to go along with their fantasies.

Majority rule is actually wrong a lot of the times.

At one time it was the Majority who were for denying women their rights(suffrage), It was the majority who were for denying people of color their equal rights and majority supporting jim crow.

"I don't accept the teachings when it comes to discrimination," said Christian Camacho, a 22-year-old who grew up in a conservative Catholic family in Minneapolis. "I know a fair number of young people who don't go to church, not because they will be discriminated against — they just have no reason to go."
1. In the Catholic Church, there are and never have been any teachings when it comes to discrimination any more than we have any teachings on spelling and grammar. "Catholic" by definition means "All are welcome". Catholic rites are focused on Jesus and the Bible. There is no interest in anything else. In my life, I have only heard hell mentioned three times and LGBT, etc. not even once any more than I have never heard Caucasians, Latinos, Asians, Blacks, and Eskimos mentioned. No need to. Focus is on God.

2. "No reason to go." Shrug. When one's life is not centered on God, there is no need to go. For example, my life is not centered on gold and jewelry, so I have no need to go to gold and jewelry stores. When one centers his/her life solely on self, possessions, and their sexuality, God has little place.

3. All throughout time, scripture notes that when mankind begins acting like lemmings running off a cliff, there is always a remnant that remains focused on the spiritual--and that remnant brings healing to all.

I'm an atheist and I couldn't agree more.

I can't imagine what any church has to offer a young person other than an excellent opportunity to get molested.

Half of young people report feeling disconnected from their religious backgrounds, according to a new report.

A new survey found that half of people ages 13 to 25 think that religious institutions care little for the issues that matter deeply to them, such as racial justice, gender equity, immigration rights, income inequality and gun control, and that may be driving a decline in membership for several denominations, reported the Wall Street Journal.

Probably if they started accepting LGBT people and stopped preaching hate then people would return to the church.

Do you not understand what is going on here?

Through the bombardment of academia and the media, children across the country are being indoctrinated by the Left to adopt their dogma that they know will trigger them to reject both the Christian faith and conservative views.

So instead of churches aligning with the media and academia, perhaps it is time for Christians and conservatives to regain their schools back and reclaim the media.

Or just sit back and let your daughters continue to be raped in gender neutral bathroom at their schools and let gender confusion skyrocket some 4000% because of the crap they are teaching them.

It's up to all of us.

Naturally, if you resist and attend school board meetings you risk the possibility that the DNC will target you as a domestic terrorist and wind up on an FBI list

But there is a price for everything.

On the other hand, the fastest growing segment of the Jewish Community is Orthodox Judaism.

Young people are eschewing the hippy-dippy, politically active Reform and Conservative Judaism of their parents.

That being said, Jews remain a statistically insignificant factor in American religious trends.
Personally, I enjoy reading the Zohar

I can't imagine what any church has to offer a young person other than an excellent opportunity to get molested.
Did you mean church or public school?

I read about every day how teachers are molesting kids at schools.

In fact, society is crumbling around us as it increasingly becomes secular and Godless.

Or is your head still planted up too far up your rump to see that?

According to statistics, this can be said about schools, youth sports, and other groups--not to mention....Well, let's put it this way. Would you say, "I can't imagine what any uncle or stepfather has to offer a young person other than an excllent opportunity to get molested"? Stats are even higher here. Let's stop throwing mud. It's ignorant.

Do you not understand what is going on here?

Through the bombardment of academia and the media, children across the country are being indoctrinated by the Left to adopt their dogma that they know will trigger them to reject both the Christian faith and conservative views.

So instead of churches aligning with the media and academia, perhaps it is time for Christians and conservatives to regain their schools back and reclaim the media.

Or just sit back and let your daughters continue to be raped in gender neutral bathroom at their schools and let gender confusion skyrocket some 4000% because of the crap they are teaching them.

It's up to all of us.

Naturally, if you resist and attend school board meetings you risk the possibility that the DNC will target you as a domestic terrorist and wind up on an FBI list

But there is a price for everything.
Any time Christians try to run things it's not long before people start getting burned at the stake for their beliefs. Christianity is incompatible with personal liberty.

1. there is no god--you can't prove it--and PLEASE don't make a fool of yourself and say ''you can't prove there isn't a god''
2. religion is man made= fake fairy tales
etc

Did you mean church or public school?

I read about every day how teachers are molesting kids at schools.

In fact, society is crumbling around us as it increasingly becomes secular and Godless.

Or is your head still planted up too far up your rump to see that?
The church I attended as a young teen had a deacon/youth minister that had been there long enough to have molested two generations of girls. Everyone knew what he was and did nothing. He died peacefully in his bed surrounded by his loved ones rather than a jail cell. That's what Christianity is to a monster. Cover and a steady supply of victims.

Any time Christians try to run things it's not long before people start getting burned at the stake for their beliefs. Christianity is incompatible with personal liberty.
Yeah, we have all heard about all those Christians burning people at their soup kitchens, when visiting those sick and infirm or in prison or in their schools. You may wish to catch up with the times. You are several centuries behind.

Today, is it Christians groups blocking people from earning a living if they didn't do as they were told and get a government mandated vaccine?

It is always good for us to keep an eye on whoever it is that holds the power in our own time. When we see those in powers working to crush anyone, it is time to take a stand about today. I know that's harder than taking a stand about something that happened hundreds of years ago, but I guarantee future generations are going to wonder why more didn't take a stand in our own times.

The church I attended as a young teen had a deacon/youth minister that had been there long enough to have molested two generations of girls. Everyone knew what he was and did nothing. He died peacefully in his bed surrounded by his loved ones rather than a jail cell. That's what Christianity is to a monster. Cover and a steady supply of victims.
And what drives this? Is it not politics? The politics within the Catholic church is what drives the molestation. Instead of trying to protect their own priests and public image by ignoring these events and moving priests around to let them do it elsewhere, they should have properly addressed this crap but the Pope is too busy talking about the evils of building walls and global warming to be concerned about it.

And what we have seen in the Catholic church we are now seeing in our public schools. Parents are being told to let the schools handle events that happen such as their daughters being raped instead of the proper authorities and making changes to prevent such occurrences in the future. For example, bathrooms should be single occupancy and not gender neutral, but this conflicts with the forced indoctrination from the Alphabet people.

Actually, it is not "man made", any more than mathematics is "man made". Like math, humans throughout time have simply experienced or observed God at work in their lives.
yes it is man made--that is totally RIDICULOUS to compare math and religion--that's IDIOTIC

Forum List

Back