Conservative Ammon Bundy Backs Defunding The Police

Do USMB self-proclaimed conservatives and Republicans agree with him now, and if so, was he wrong then too, or what?

No...he is wrong on this. In fact, 4 out of 5 black Americans want more police in their neighborhoods too...

A majority of black Americans prefer police spending the same amount of time or more watching over their communities despite claims from a growing movement that police are a threat to minority communities.

Gallup released a poll on Wednesday that found that 81% of black people want police spending the same amount of time or more in their communities. That number compares to 88% for white Americans, 83% for Hispanic Americans, and 72% for Asian Americans. The whole U.S. population measures at 86%.

The Gallup web survey involved 36,463 U.S. adults and responses were taken between June 23 and July 6. The people polled are roughly representative of the U.S. demographic breakdown of white, black, Hispanic, and Asian Americans. The poll’s margin of error is 1.4 percentage points at the 95% confidence level.

The survey also noted that black Americans more than any other racial group are more likely to see police in their communities. 73% of black respondents said they see police in their communities sometimes or very often, which is eight points higher than the national average of 65%.

And why exactly is this newsworthy to you?
Do you not find it newsworthy?

No. Namely because I have no freakin' clue who this guy is.

I seriously doubt his epiphany is indicative of all conservatives attitudes on the protests.

Of course not. Most conservatives are hypocrites. He is not.

He is not a hypocrite because he agrees with you. Right?

Spare me.

No. Because he is consistent in his beliefs. Someone can disagree with everything I believe and not be a hypocrite. Do you understand what the word means?

How is this consistent with anything to do with that guy?

To be fair, I'm not exactly sure what Bundy did that would label him a conservative. Now many conservatives did back him when he faced off against the government but that was Obama's government which would only go to point out the hypocrisy in conservatives, not really label Bundy as one.

Bundy doesn't support an overbearing authoritarian government. Conservatives do in many instances.

Last edited:

I seriously doubt his epiphany is indicative of all conservatives attitudes on the protests.

Spare me.

No. Because he is consistent in his beliefs. Someone can disagree with everything I believe and not be a hypocrite. Do you understand what the word means?

He doesn't support an over the top authoritarian government.

To be fair, I'm not exactly what Bundy did that would label him a conservative. Now many conservatives did back him when he faced off against the government but that was Obama's government which would only go to point out the hypocrisy in conservatives, not really label Bundy as one.

Bundy doesn't support an overbearing authoritarian government. Conservatives do in many instances.

He's closer to being a sovereign citizen which is a libertarian that has gone bonkers!

To be fair, I'm not exactly what Bundy did that would label him a conservative. Now many conservatives did back him when he faced off against the government but that was Obama's government which would only go to point out the hypocrisy in conservatives, not really label Bundy as one.

Putting labels out there can get pretty confusing. When one says conservative or liberal what kind of images does it conjure up? People can be such sheeple with catch words that they can be easily led into a slaughterhouse with little resistance.

Spare me.

He doesn't support an over the top authoritarian government.

No...only democrat voters do that.

He's closer to being a sovereign citizen which is a libertarian that has gone bonkers!

Bonkers because he doesn't support the government turning weapons upon the citizens?

Bonkers because he doesn't support the government turning weapons upon the citizens?

Bonkers because he's a confused twit that also supports BLM and open immigration!
He ain't no conservative!!

Bonkers because he's a confused twit that also supports BLM and open immigration!

Nor a hypocrite.

Nor a hypocrite.

He's a nutter.

I supported him then and I support him now. It's refreshing to see someone that isn't an out and out hypocrite.
unnamed.gif

Do USMB self-proclaimed conservatives and Republicans agree with him now, and if so, was he wrong then too, or what?

I will vote to defund ALL police departments on the day Democrats promise to behave and obey the law. If they did we wouldn't need police departments.

Forum List

Back