Consequence Culture - Gina Carano, Colin Kaepernick, The Dixie Chicks and Jane Fonda

I don't work for that company... it's the one where i eventually got downsized fired...

Fixed that for ya'...

Unless you fire them for having conversations you don't like, or charge them with a crime because you didn't clearly define what they could put on their expense report.

Talkin' out your ass again.

I've covered the whole thing about religious and political discussions at work. I have few rules in my workplace, and the fact that you might not like them is meaningless to me.

As for the expense report, the person in question knew quite well what was permissible and what wasn't. He simply claimed an expense for one thing, say dinner or an airline ticket, for one of his clients, but was actually buying those for someone who wasn't his client.

It's fascinating to me that you can be so monumentally fucking stupid as to not see the problem there...

Yeah, frankly, you don't sound like the kind of boss I could honestly have a discussion with. You sound like the kind of boss people hide problems from because you make them a lot worse.

You've admitted to being a liar.

You've admitted to conducting yourself, in a business climate, dishonestly. No reason to believe that doesn't carry over into your personal life.

You couldn't honestly have a discussion with anyone...

You know what I think is really funny?

As much as you're whining about how shitty a quarterback Trubinsky is and how he still has a job, you're completely clueless as to whose roster he's on.

You're dismissed...

I know he was on the bears and he was awful. We'd have been better off with Kap.

We finally traded him? Thank God.

Just admit that you're stupid and we can move on.

Your arguments were baseless.

And the 49'ers had a record of 2-14 in 2016, thanks to Kaepernick...

Again, you couldn't afford me, and I know how to avoid toxic bosses like you.

My secretary makes more than you, dipshit...

No, he just wasn't going to put up with their bullshit. Good on him. The NFL doesn't come off looking good on this at all.

They'd have come off looking far worse had Kaepernick been signed.

Bottom line: he agreed to the terms of the workout, and then he reneged. Why would anyone want to hire such a person?

I just said that. You're trying to hide behind the rock of "it wasn't me who fired him" while cheerleading those who do, and trying to sell this bullshit about, as you yourself said in the comment you CUT OUT: " as much as I don't have to like it, so does he need to live with the ramifications of his actions". You want to have it both ways --- you hope he never plays again, as some sort of weird penance for having an opinion, yet you want to wash your hands of that sentiment by having somebody else do it. You want it both ways. Oh and everything after that quote where you purport to speak for "what fans want", is self-ass-generated bullshit, so that has no basis. Now you're trying to blame mythological fans as well. Blame everybody but Numero Uno.

Perhaps I should state the obvious: If I were in a position to fire him, I would've...

you snap pictures of a quiet personal moment and point at it shreiking

Oh, so you're talking about this picture:

OB-QY438_TEBOWE_DV_20111209230219.jpg

Actually I was referring to this one....

DcFRklHU8AAWSTY.jpg

Needless to say, I didn't put that arrow there --- it's in the original gadfly's picture who went out of his way to make an "issue" out of Kaepernick. A photographer who, by his own fake outrage standards, should have been standing at rapt adoring fetish attention and not snapping pictures, speaking of people having it both ways....

.... however this does remind us, we're STILL waiting for that link to the official statement by"the shit-stained left", whatever that is.

Last edited:
What do you find offensive about Tebow's actions that you do not also find offensive about Kaepernick's?

What do you find offensive about Tebow's actions that you do not also find offensive about Kaepernick's?

"You"?

Who might "you" be?
Ever hear of the quote function?

Just a general question to those, like you, who apparently have no issue with what Kaepernick, but take issue with what Tebow did. If you were smarter you'd have known that.

So, permit me to spoon-feed it to you: Pogo, what do you find offensive about Tebow kneeling, and do you find it equally offensive when Kaepernick kneels?

"You"?

Who might "you" be?
Ever hear of the quote function?

Just a general question to those, like you, who apparently have no issue with what Kaepernick, but take issue with what Tebow did. If you were smarter you'd have known that.

So, permit me to spoon-feed it to you: Pogo, what do you find offensive about Tebow kneeling, and do you find it equally offensive when Kaepernick kneels?

See, that's why you can't use the word "YOU" and call it a "general question". If you cite a "YOU" then that requires a previous position that "YOU" (whoever "you" specifically is) took. "YOU" is absolutely direct. That's why most languages (and English used to) have a way around it so that it can be expressed indirectly. So when you say "why do YOU", it must first be established that whoever "you" is took that position that's now in question.

As for me personally, since I've now been specifically named, I've never expressed any such opinion about Tim Tebow at all, so the question for me is inoperative. Matter of fact I specifically pointed out that such displays are, and have been for as long as I can remember, commonplace in sports. You'll recall it was the same post where I asked for a link to the press conference of the "shit-stained left", which never appeared.

So I don't find either one of these guys "offensive". What I do find offensive is people who can't (read: won't) read.

See, that's why you can't use the word "YOU" and call it a "general question". If you cite a "YOU" then that requires a previous position that "YOU" (whoever "you" specifically is) took. "YOU" is absolutely direct. That's why most languages (and English used to) have a way around it so that it can be expressed indirectly. So when you say "why do YOU", it must first be established that whoever "you" is took that position that's now in question.

My apoloigies for assuming you'd be smart enough to figure out the intended audience of the question.

Please believe me when I say I'll never give you that much credit again...

So I don't find either one of these guys "offensive".

So, each is acceptable? Kaepernick kneeling for social justice and Tebow kneeling in prayer?

My apoloigies for assuming you'd be smart enough to figure out the intended audience of the question.

Please believe me when I say I'll never give you that much credit again...

So I don't find either one of these guys "offensive".

So, each is acceptable? Kaepernick kneeling for social justice and Tebow kneeling in prayer?

Sure, doesn't matter to me. Why the fuck would it? As I said in 672 it never mattered to me -- or anyone else I knew --- that Tony Taylor made the sign of the Cross when he came up to bat. It's just one more ritual that player does. Sports players are creatures of habit.

Your apology is misdirected. What you need to be apologizing for is putting words in my mouth that were never there. Particularly after I already took the opposite position. Now work on that and I'll consider it.

Your apology is misdirected.

My apology was exactly as intended...

Your acceptance of it is actually pretty meaningless to me...

Just to be clear, you have two apologies waiting their turn. One for ascribing positions to me that I never took (prove me wrong and quote it), and another for failing to read when it was all laid out there in the first place.

I'll check back for those apologies in a decade.

Genuflecting/praying in a sports game? Who cares. Being nakedly dishonest, THAT's offensive.

Just to be clear, you have two apologies waiting their turn. One for ascribing positions to me that I never took (prove me wrong and quote it), and another for failing to read when it was all laid out there in the first place.

Hold you breath, dipshit.

You were given an apology.

You will not be given another.

So fuck off...

Hold you breath, dipshit.

You were given an apology.

You will not be given another.

So fuck off...

Yep. I knew you didn't have the stones.
Have any idea how boring it is being right every time?

I get it, you fear what you don't understand.

I understand religion perfectly well.
People are scared of dying.
So if someone offers them a heaven of puppies and sunshine where they get to meet their beloved dead relatives again, they are all for it.
And if you threaten them with fire and brimstone, they call right into line.

Now, don't get me wrong, if all that keeps you sky pixie worshippers from being even worse than you already are, by all means, keep doing that.
Clearly you don't understand it at all, and you equally clearly fear it.

I've covered the whole thing about religious and political discussions at work. I have few rules in my workplace, and the fact that you might not like them is meaningless to me.

yes, you've spent a lot of time justifying your petty tyranny, we get that. I hope you honestly tell your prospective employees this so the ones who aren't highly evolved masochists run away screaming in a serpentine pattern.

As for the expense report, the person in question knew quite well what was permissible and what wasn't. He simply claimed an expense for one thing, say dinner or an airline ticket, for one of his clients, but was actually buying those for someone who wasn't his client.

So he was confused as to who his client was... again, sounds like pretty piss poor leadership that people don't know their lanes.. Or a bad manager covering his ass when something went south.

I'll go with that second option.

It's fascinating to me that you can be so monumentally fucking stupid as to not see the problem there...

I see a huge problem. The thing is we are now on Version #8 of this story. He was allowed to buy plane tickets, but then he bought a plane ticket for someone who wasn't his customer for no apparent reason, even though this was your biggest customer and you already had the business.

Ummm yeah... Some day, we might get the truth out of this ever shifting narrative.

You've admitted to being a liar.

You've admitted to conducting yourself, in a business climate, dishonestly. No reason to believe that doesn't carry over into your personal life.

I've admitted to being a realist. Real world. Vendors lie to customers. Customers lie to vendors. Managers lie to employees. I've never told a lie to a customer unless directed to, such as not telling a vendor that we are pulling business from them until AFTER I've gotten set up with a new vendor. That's dishonest, but it's also pragmatic. I'd probably be in a lot more trouble if I told the vendor the truth...

Your arguments were baseless.

And the 49'ers had a record of 2-14 in 2016, thanks to Kaepernick...

I think there was a whole rest of the team there... but never mind.

Come on, you don't care about the team, you are just all upset that he dared point out that we live in a country where the police murder black children.

yes, when you put in your tagline "Be Like Monkeys", you kind of out yourself as a racist.

Of course to someone of your ilk women are inferior. F••• you and your bigoted male supremacy narrative.

Actually, she was inferior for the following reason.

She had no experience in the field. At that point, I had over 20 years experience in logistics, procurement and inventory management, including a stint in the US Army.

Point is, you go home with the person who brought you to the dance. His staff kept him afloat for years, the growth he enjoyed was because we put in so many hours. But his go-to was to get rid of the experienced people and keep the people he just hired on the cheap. And as he said, "This is why I'm glad I don't have to deal with a union".

And when are you moving out of your home to let in the new deserving black transgender undocumented occupants?

Actually, probably later this year, because they are disbanding my condo association and turning it into rentals. It will probably get all turned into Section 8 housing, so I'm clearing the hell out.
I don’t want to hear your male supremacist delusions.

You really should take your savings and buy a nice home for some deserving transgender POC. Perhaps you could volunteer to clean toilets for the Section 8 housing while you apologize for your white privilege?

Oh is that right ?? So you are in favor of reverse discrimination in order to hopefully see "white" folks suffer for what their ancestor's or relative's did eh ??? Matters not that people today had nothing to do with any of it, but only that you get to see a white person suffer eh ???? You're dismissed.

Uh, if you are a failure despite all the advantages of being white in this country, then that's on you, not anyone else.

As I said, let's get rid of all the nepotism, hiring of buddies, racist HR Managers, etc.

That has nothing to do with the point (try to keep on point) that Conservatives have been cancelling people they didn't like for years.... now liberals are cancelling (not really, big corporations are) white people saying dumb racist things.
Great deflection liberal lefty.

Forum List

Back