Consequence Culture - Gina Carano, Colin Kaepernick, The Dixie Chicks and Jane Fonda

What do you find offensive about Tebow's actions that you do not also find offensive about Kaepernick's?

"You"?

Who might "you" be?
Ever hear of the quote function?

Just a general question to those, like you, who apparently have no issue with what Kaepernick, but take issue with what Tebow did. If you were smarter you'd have known that.

So, permit me to spoon-feed it to you: Pogo, what do you find offensive about Tebow kneeling, and do you find it equally offensive when Kaepernick kneels?

See, that's why you can't use the word "YOU" and call it a "general question". If you cite a "YOU" then that requires a previous position that "YOU" (whoever "you" specifically is) took. "YOU" is absolutely direct. That's why most languages (and English used to) have a way around it so that it can be expressed indirectly. So when you say "why do YOU", it must first be established that whoever "you" is took that position that's now in question.

As for me personally, since I've now been specifically named, I've never expressed any such opinion about Tim Tebow at all, so the question for me is inoperative. Matter of fact I specifically pointed out that such displays are, and have been for as long as I can remember, commonplace in sports. You'll recall it was the same post where I asked for a link to the press conference of the "shit-stained left", which never appeared.

So I don't find either one of these guys "offensive". What I do find offensive is people who can't (read: won't) read.
:spinner:

So he was confused as to who his client was... again, sounds like pretty piss poor leadership that people don't know their lanes.. Or a bad manager covering his ass when something went south.

I'll go with that second option.

He knew all too well who his clients were and who they weren't. He tried to get one over on management and failed...

I see a huge problem. The thing is we are now on Version #8 of this story. He was allowed to buy plane tickets, but then he bought a plane ticket for someone who wasn't his customer for no apparent reason, even though this was your biggest customer and you already had the business.

Ummm yeah... Some day, we might get the truth out of this ever shifting narrative.

Um, no.

He spent money, saying it was on things which it wasn't, and he got caught. I don't know why you think it was with my biggest customer, because it wasn't.

Or is that just you being a lying scumbag again?

I've admitted to being a realist. Real world.

No,. you've said you were dishonest and that you like to colleagues.

You're such a fucking scumbag...

Vendors lie to customers. Customers lie to vendors. Managers lie to employees. I've never told a lie to a customer unless directed to, such as not telling a vendor that we are pulling business from them until AFTER I've gotten set up with a new vendor. That's dishonest, but it's also pragmatic. I'd probably be in a lot more trouble if I told the vendor the truth...

What a scumbag.

You're a lying little fuck and you want to be critical of me?

You've no station to be critical of me, scumbag. You're nothing but a lying fuck...

I think there was a whole rest of the team there... but never mind.

The fact of the matter is that he was a failed quarterback. A record of 2-14? Anyone who wouldn't look at the quarterback is an idiot...

Come on, you don't care about the team

I've never expressed any concern at all for the team, so your comment is stupid...

you are just all upset that he dared point out that we live in a country where the police murder black children.

George Floyd was a child? Breonna Taylor was a child??

Who knew??

yes, when you put in your tagline "Be Like Monkeys", you kind of out yourself as a racist.

If they weren't acting like monkeys, it might be racist.

But the fact of the matter is that it's not racist. It's accurate...

So we've seen a few threads on these boards about how Gina Carano was fired by Disney after she repeatedly posted racist, conspiratorial and transphobic memes on Twitter, and someone decided that she wasn't the best person to have on your Fun Space Adventure for the Whole Family. Yes, after spending 4 BILLION to buy the rights to Star Wars, they didn't want some third tier actor dragging them into controversy they didn't need.

View attachment 464341
Fun Space Adventure... Calling them "Younglings" so you don't have to say, "Killed Children"

Anyway, the Right Wing has gone apoplectic over this. How dare we punish this poor woman for merely expressing her opinion.

Of course, these were the same people who insisted that the NFL Fire Colin Kaepernick because he took a knee protesting police misconduct and killing of black people.

View attachment 464342

Eventually, he was proven right when the country exploded into riots after George Floyd was murdered. Even big corporations got in on the act.

Then there were the Dixie Chicks. Remember them? They were a country band that expressed the opinion that our war with Iraq over weapons that didn't exist was probably a bad idea. (Actually, only one of them did, but they all paid for it.

View attachment 464343

Eventually, they were proven right. Heck, you'd be hard pressed to find a Right Winger today who would argue the Iraq War was a good idea.

Then there was the grandmother of all "Cancel Culture", Jane Fonda. You remember Jane? She was the one who said our undeclared war in Vietnam was a terrible idea. Even humanized the people we were mercilessly bombing by visiting them.

View attachment 464344

Well, she was proven right. The war was a bad idea. Not that it did her any good, people still denounced her as "Hanoi Jane" and her career was pretty much over by 1980.

Point is, the Right Wing was for Cancel Culture (really, "Consequence Culture") before they were against it.

So let the right wing outrage begin!!!
Yes and No JoeB131
It is one thing to react and treat Gina Carano the way you want based on something she actually said.

It is another thing to promote your own claims in the media declaring her statements "anti semitic" and then reacting to that opinion stated by other people by targeting her.

With Kaepernick, yes he has the right to express his own opinion and receive the consequences.
In his case, his freedom to protest or express opposition is SEPARATE from
1. Using paid company time to make political statements on public TV while working under contract to represent that company or team
2. Misrepresenting the lyrics of the Star Spangled Banner as targeting Black slaves when the real context around the verses applied to both Black and White men forced to fight for the British under forced impressment of sailors. Again, you can have and express your own opinion on what the contested lyrics applied to, but spreading misrpresentation to incite more conflict is going to meet with objections and consequences.

Last edited:
I don’t want to hear your male supremacist delusions.

You really should take your savings and buy a nice home for some deserving transgender POC. Perhaps you could volunteer to clean toilets for the Section 8 housing while you apologize for your white privilege?

Why would I need to do that. Just eliminate racism and they'll be fine.

Great deflection liberal lefty.

No deflection at all.... you'd be a white trash loser even without affirmative action.

He knew all too well who his clients were and who they weren't. He tried to get one over on management and failed...

Yeah, again, sounds like bad management to me. I can't imagine why he'd do that if there was no benefit for him. He wasn't going to get the commissions for new sales. I mean, unless he was getting laid or something, I can't see it. I'm sure there's more to this story, but those parts make you look bad.

Um, no.

He spent money, saying it was on things which it wasn't, and he got caught. I don't know why you think it was with my biggest customer, because it wasn't.

Or is that just you being a lying scumbag again?

You said that this guy damaged your relationship with an important customer, and you had to repair that relationship.... Why would you care about that part of it if it wasn't a big customer? Again, lots to this story, shifting versions, we aren't getting the whole story.

This is either poor direction or poor supervision, with some poor schlub being made a scapegoat when it all went south.

George Floyd was a child? Breonna Taylor was a child??

Who knew??

LaQuan McDonald was a child. Tamir Rice was a child. When Kap started protesting, those were the people the cops had murdered. They hadn't gotten around to murdering Floyd and Taylor, yet.

If they weren't acting like monkeys, it might be racist.

But the fact of the matter is that it's not racist. It's accurate...

Okay, monkeys don't engage in protests when another monkey is killed. They don't demand justice or reform. So your argument is- RACIST.

Again- the right wing (and probably you personally, judging by the Molon Labe comments) made martyrs out of David Koresh (child molester, cultist, gun runner) and Randy Weaver (Nazi) when police used excessive force on them, but you have no problem when people who are actually innocent get murdered.

I'd ask how many black employees you have, but you'll probably lie about that, too.

No,. you've said you were dishonest and that you like to colleagues.

Said nothing of the sort, but English comprehension isn't your strong point.

So yes or no, when your planning to change vendors, do you outright tell the vendor they are going to be fired before you've secured alternate sourcing?

Since you are being relatively concise for a change, I'll respond.

Yes and No @JoeB131
It is one thing to react and treat Gina Carano the way you want based on something she actually said.

It is another thing to promote your own claims in the media declaring her statements "anti semitic" and then reacting to that opinion stated by other people by targeting her.

What she said was downright demeaning to the victims of the holocaust. Sorry, man, being banned from Twitter is not like having all your posessions taken and then getting sent to the gas chamber.

With Kaepernick, yes he has the right to express his own opinion and receive the consequences.
1. Using paid company time to make political statements on public TV while working under contract to represent that company or team

Except he wasn't being paid to stand for the National Anthem (A kind of meaningless gesture we should probably just stop. He was being paid to play football, and he played football.

Again, you and Canon Shooter and the rest of the white privilege crowd can sit their calmly about it. Nobody is going to pull you over for a DWB (Driving While Black) and then panic and shoot you, which happens in this country.

2. Misrepresenting the lyrics of the Star Spangled Banner as targeting Black slaves when the real context around the verses applied to both Black and White men forced to fight for the British under forced impressment of sailors. Again, you can have and express your own opinion on what the contested lyrics applied to, but spreading misrpresentation to incite more conflict is going to meet with objections and consequences.

I haven't seen anything where Kaepernick was complained about the lyrics.

If you want to actually talk about the War of 1812, the US was in the wrong there. We were trading with Napoleon and tried to take Canada from the British while they were distracted by stopping Napoleon's attempts at world conquest. Not to mention that Francis Scott Key was a slave owner, wanted to ship all the slaves back to Africa and maliciously prosecuted an abolitionist.

As for the lyrics themselves. They glorify war. So there's that.

Yeah, again, sounds like bad management to me. I can't imagine why he'd do that if there was no benefit for him. He wasn't going to get the commissions for new sales. I mean, unless he was getting laid or something, I can't see it. I'm sure there's more to this story, but those parts make you look bad.

I'll give you this much, you certainly have a knack for ignorantly jabbering on about things you know nothing about.

Had he gotten away with what he was doing, there certainly would've been a benefit to him. Your continued display of unfettered ignorance is fascinating...

You said that this guy damaged your relationship with an important customer, and you had to repair that relationship.... Why would you care about that part of it if it wasn't a big customer? Again, lots to this story, shifting versions, we aren't getting the whole story.

You referred to the customer as my "most important". He wasn't, and isn't. In fact, I never said he was a customer at all. He is, however, a valued colleague in the industry and one with whom I've enjoyed a great professional relationship...

LaQuan McDonald was a child. Tamir Rice was a child. When Kap started protesting, those were the people the cops had murdered.

Tamir Rice wasn't murdered. The police officer showed up and saw a young black male pulling a gun from his waistband. From a distance, it looked like a real gun. The police officer was found to have reacted appropriately...

Okay, monkeys don't engage in protests when another monkey is killed. They don't demand justice or reform. So your argument is- RACIST.

Um, okay, so it's racist...

Again- the right wing (and probably you personally, judging by the Molon Labe comments) made martyrs out of David Koresh (child molester, cultist, gun runner) and Randy Weaver (Nazi) when police used excessive force on them, but you have no problem when people who are actually innocent get murdered.

Once again, it's funny to watch you try to come across like you know anything.

I had, and have, no problem with Koresh being killed. And while Weaver wasn't a Nazi, he was a white separatist. Unlike gun running and molesting children, that's not illegal...

I'd ask how many black employees you have, but you'll probably lie about that, too.

And that's why expecting a decent conversation out of you is silly. You're so fucking stupid that you vow to dismiss information you've not yet been given. That's funny, because you're the one who is the self-admitted liar...

Said nothing of the sort, but English comprehension isn't your strong point.

Liar...

So yes or no, when your planning to change vendors, do you outright tell the vendor they are going to be fired before you've secured alternate sourcing?

You're so goddamn stupid. It's no wonder the company you worked for went tits up. It's never the fault of just one person, and you come across as the type of guy who could be a big help in destroying a company.

I'm not afraid of difficult conversations, and I don't sugar-coat anything. If I'm thinking about changing vendors, there's going to be a reason. Whoever I'm with at the time needs to know what it is about their company that's making me look elsewhere. Remember, a current vendor isn't going to want to lose an account. I'll always give a vendor a chance to keep my business, especially if I've been with them for a while.

And, seeing as you're about as superficial as they come, you should know the decision doesn't always come down to money. The vendor reps I have now are people who'll answer their phone at three in the morning if there's an issue. I could pay less, but I would also get a lower standard of service...

Again, you and Canon Shooter and the rest of the white privilege crowd can sit their calmly about it. Nobody is going to pull you over for a DWB (Driving While Black) and then panic and shoot you, which happens in this country.

Hey, sucks to be black, huh?

I laugh anytime someone tells me I'm "privileged" because I'm white. Maybe if negroes didn't act like animals they'd be treated better...

Since you are being relatively concise for a change, I'll respond.

Yes and No @JoeB131

What she said was downright demeaning to the victims of the holocaust. Sorry, man, being banned from Twitter is not like having all your posessions taken and then getting sent to the gas chamber.

Except he wasn't being paid to stand for the National Anthem (A kind of meaningless gesture we should probably just stop. He was being paid to play football, and he played football.

I haven't seen anything where Kaepernick was complained about the lyrics.

If you want to actually talk about the War of 1812, the US was in the wrong there. We were trading with Napoleon and tried to take Canada from the British while they were distracted by stopping Napoleon's attempts at world conquest. Not to mention that Francis Scott Key was a slave owner, wanted to ship all the slaves back to Africa and maliciously prosecuted an abolitionist.

As for the lyrics themselves. They glorify war. So there's that.
Dear JoeB131
1. I have invested over 60,000 of my own in credit card payments to help several nonprofits in historic Black districts trying to buy and save property but getting abused, destroyed and defrauded by corporate and political discrimination at taxpayer expense. What have you done to help stop genocide against Blacks by their own Democrat politicians besides preaching to others safely through electronic media while your taxes and party donations keep paying for corrupt Democrat abuses of Black voters destroying their communities?

The solution is LAND ownership and SELF government so these communities are liberated not subjugated and dependent on govt.

What makes you think I haven't shared part of the cost of reparations?

When my neighbor and community

Then there were the Dixie Chicks. Remember them? They were a country band that expressed the opinion that our war with Iraq over weapons that didn't exist was probably a bad idea. (Actually, only one of them did, but they all paid for it.

View attachment 464343

You lied right there. They didn't "express their opinion that our war in Iraq was a bad idea." The leader of that band went overseas WHILE OUR MEN AND WOMEN WERE DYING IN AFGHANISTAN and said they weren't proud to be Americans anymore. She later apologized for her statement, but then later retracted it. So they are now the nothing chicks.

THATS WHAT SHE SAID.

Now, reply with an apology or I'll call you the fucking liar that you are.

That won't matter to Pinhead Joe. He's a self-admitted liar, boasting about how he lies in his everyday business dealings. There's not a single reason to think he doesn't do it outside the business world, as well...

I'll give you this much, you certainly have a knack for ignorantly jabbering on about things you know nothing about.

Had he gotten away with what he was doing, there certainly would've been a benefit to him. Your continued display of unfettered ignorance is fascinating...

Um, yeah, okay... Frankly, I'm not seeing how... The whole story the way you've told it makes not a lick of sense.

Hey, sucks to be black, huh?

I laugh anytime someone tells me I'm "privileged" because I'm white. Maybe if negroes didn't act like animals they'd be treated better...

Maybe if white racists didn't act like such shitheads, they wouldn't retaliate..

The fact you are more upset about broken windows than lost lives tells you a lot about your "value system" or lack thereof.

I had, and have, no problem with Koresh being killed. And while Weaver wasn't a Nazi, he was a white separatist. Unlike gun running and molesting children, that's not illegal...

Sorry, man, Weaver was a Nazi... and he murdered a federal agent, and that is illegal.

You're so goddamn stupid. It's no wonder the company you worked for went tits up. It's never the fault of just one person, and you come across as the type of guy who could be a big help in destroying a company.

Nope, that was all on Nose Candy... If anything, I probably gave it more life than it deserved.

And, seeing as you're about as superficial as they come, you should know the decision doesn't always come down to money. The vendor reps I have now are people who'll answer their phone at three in the morning if there's an issue. I could pay less, but I would also get a lower standard of service...

Depends on the industry... I've been in industries where money was the ONLY factor. But you dodged the question. Do you tell a vendor you are going to fire them before you've gotten a new vendor lined up? Yes or no? It was a simple question.

You lied right there. They didn't "express their opinion that our war in Iraq was a bad idea." The leader of that band went overseas WHILE OUR MEN AND WOMEN WERE DYING IN AFGHANISTAN and said they weren't proud to be Americans anymore. She later apologized for her statement, but then later retracted it. So they are now the nothing chicks.

THATS WHAT SHE SAID.

Okay, I am sorry you are such a stupid fuck that you aren't man enough to admit that Bush's War in Iraq (not Afghanistan) was a crime against humanity and the Dixie Chicks were perfectly right in criticizing it.

But it wasn't like anyone you cared about was going to come home in a box from there.

1. I have invested over 60,000 of my own in credit card payments to help several nonprofits in historic Black districts trying to buy and save property but getting abused, destroyed and defrauded by corporate and political discrimination at taxpayer expense. What have you done to help stop genocide against Blacks by their own Democrat politicians besides preaching to others safely through electronic media while your taxes and party donations keep paying for corrupt Democrat abuses of Black voters destroying their communities?

Okay, you just went full retard. Never go full retard.

U
Those are all good points but I do wonder what did Gina Carano say that you label as racist, conspiratorial and transphobic? What even is transphobic?

Irrational fear of transsexual Americans.

Bt what exactly did she say?
Use your Google.

While I don't share his beliefs, Tim Tebow was vilified by the left for kneeling in silent prayer. No more disruptive than anything Kaepernick did, the act was considered intolerant and outright disgusting by the shit-stained left.

Tebowing1_crop_north.jpg

Tebow knelt in an act of silent, personal prayer. Kapernick knelt in an act of public defiance. The left looked at Tebow as some sort zealot and at Kaepernick as some sort of hero. Kapernick is no hero and Tebow is no zealot, yet only the act of one of them is acceptable to the dumbfucks who inhabit the left...
Was Tebow kept from playing? No.

Holy shit you're dumb.

You have to be very ignorant to think a health person will make you sick. That is a fraud so they could force the lock downs and people to wear these face diapers.
You have to be very ignorant to believe that you know more than the scientists and the medical community.

Forum List

Back