Yesterday- and bureaucracy

Gdjjr

Platinum Member
Oct 25, 2019
Texas
The hoax caused me to not be able to renew my drivers license back in Dec- I had to schedule an appointment (on line) and the 1st one available was yesterday, March 4 - I arrived at the office and was greeted outside, by a girl wearing a mask, who asked if I had an appointment, to which I replied, yes ma'am at 1:20- she asked if I was in the system. (WTF?!) I said, yeah, here's my license (issued in 2015). She said, okay let me see if you're in the system. She returned saying I wasn't- I've had a Texas Drivers license for 52 years!

There are some caveats in the renewal process. Stupid bureaucrats- it seems I can't renew my license, on line, because I have a CDL (WTF), but, I don't want to renew my CDL, (just my Motorcycle and regular license)- there is no provision for that- I called the number provided (on the mail notification I received last Sept or Oct) and was greeted with Artificial Intelligence, (which is a misnomer), and after going through, I'd say, 5 different prompts, I was told, by a robot they didn't have the time to talk to me- WTF?!

geezus- anyway, the girl at the DL office told me, before I left, (her exact words); I need you to go to the Waller County Courthouse- I stopped her there and said; bullshit, y'all can just arrest me and walked off-

Fucking bureaucrats- I swear to my time.

The hoax caused me to not be able to renew my drivers license back in Dec- I had to schedule an appointment (on line) and the 1st one available was yesterday, March 4 - I arrived at the office and was greeted outside, by a girl wearing a mask, who asked if I had an appointment, to which I replied, yes ma'am at 1:20- she asked if I was in the system. (WTF?!) I said, yeah, here's my license (issued in 2015). She said, okay let me see if you're in the system. She returned saying I wasn't- I've had a Texas Drivers license for 52 years!

There are some caveats in the renewal process. Stupid bureaucrats- it seems I can't renew my license, on line, because I have a CDL (WTF), but, I don't want to renew my CDL, (just my Motorcycle and regular license)- there is no provision for that- I called the number provided (on the mail notification I received last Sept or Oct) and was greeted with Artificial Intelligence, (which is a misnomer), and after going through, I'd say, 5 different prompts, I was told, by a robot they didn't have the time to talk to me- WTF?!

geezus- anyway, the girl at the DL office told me, before I left, (her exact words); I need you to go to the Waller County Courthouse- I stopped her there and said; bullshit, y'all can just arrest me and walked off-

What hoax would that be, delusional twit?

Definitely sounds like a pain in the butt. I dropped my CDL after Corporate closed our branch. Played what seemed like endless games at DMV (mostly related to Dept Homeland Security, when I got concealed carry as they did not like my actual original birth certificate with my little foot print (same one that got me through 20 years of Military including security clearances) issued by Hospital in Kentucky with raised state seal. I had to get the new kind, like Obama's computer generated and printed on the special hard to copy paper from State of Kentucky, but got it all accomplished with multiple trips and wait times, ok. Year before last needed to renew drivers license, so thought I would get "Real ID at same time. Back to DMV. After waiting forever (like always at DMV) she started typing on her computer and asking if I had x,y and z for identification, as it was required and I could only update driver's license without. I didn't have enough. I remarked this was same crap I had when I got carry permit and turned to go. She said wait, asked for Carry permit, got somebody else to type in a password, and pulled up everything under sun on her screen including stuff I hadn't seen in years and certainly did not give them for the carry permit, and said yep, your here alright. We have all your documents and then some and printed out paper copy of new license/real ID, saying most do not have it on first attempt, but the carry permit did it, only taking a second login passord to access and transfer/copy documents to new file. DMV is a pain in the ass.

Definitely sounds like a pain in the butt. I dropped my CDL after Corporate closed our branch. Played what seemed like endless games at DMV (mostly related to Dept Homeland Security, when I got concealed carry as they did not like my actual original birth certificate with my little foot print (same one that got me through 20 years of Military including security clearances) issued by Hospital in Kentucky with raised state seal. I had to get the new kind, like Obama's computer generated and printed on the special hard to copy paper from State of Kentucky, but got it all accomplished with multiple trips and wait times, ok. Year before last needed to renew drivers license, so thought I would get "Real ID at same time. Back to DMV. After waiting forever (like always at DMV) she started typing on her computer and asking if I had x,y and z for identification, as it was required and I could only update driver's license without. I didn't have enough. I remarked this was same crap I had when I got carry permit and turned to go. She said wait, asked for Carry permit, got somebody else to type in a password, and pulled up everything under sun on her screen including stuff I hadn't seen in years and certainly did not give them for the carry permit, and said yep, your here alright. We have all your documents and then some and printed out paper copy of new license/real ID, saying most do not have it on first attempt, but the carry permit did it, only taking a second login passord to access and transfer/copy documents to new file. DMV is a pain in the ass.

I noticed a sign on the door that said you need an existing ID with a picture, (my current DL has a picture, from 2015) but said an SS card was acceptable- they don't have a picture- it infuriates me that you can't talk to a person on the phone- beats all I ever saw-

I noticed a sign on the door that said you need an existing ID with a picture, (my current DL has a picture, from 2015) but said an SS card was acceptable- they don't have a picture- it infuriates me that you can't talk to a person on the phone- beats all I ever saw-
What beats me is why we can't have one that does it all and has picture, and a chip or whatever it would take to handle and cross connect to all. I have military ID, SS, Voter ID, Medicare, Carry permit, drivers license, hunting license, and others. Getting to be a pain in the butt. Not thrilled about being numbered and ID'd for everything under the sun, but if require, seems like all the big brothers could get together on one ID to do it all.

Not thrilled about being numbered and ID'd for everything under the sun, but if require, seems like all the big brothers could get together on one ID to do it all.
I spoke to a Deputy Sheriff yesterday and asked what he would do if he stopped someone who explained their expired DL because of the dilemma I'd faced- he replied he wouldn't do anything, but, he also allowed there are some huge ego'd LEO's (the DPS in particular) who would make an issue of it- then he called a buddy of his, who is a DPS trooper, and asked him what to do- it seems I have to provide a Passport (which I haven't had in 30+ years) or a Birth Certificate (which I don't have either and will have to go to, or through, the Tarrant County Court House to obtain)- that is what is acceptable- oh, he ran my DL on his in-car computer and I am in the system- he said his DPS buddy was going to go to that DL office and ask why I was told it isn't- I may just tell em to fuck off- I haven't even been stopped in 10 years, and that was on my Harley, for speeding, which I no longer ride- if I get cited, oh well-

Not thrilled about being numbered and ID'd for everything under the sun, but if require, seems like all the big brothers could get together on one ID to do it all.
I spoke to a Deputy Sheriff yesterday and asked what he would do if he stopped someone who explained their expired DL because of the dilemma I'd faced- he replied he wouldn't do anything, but, he also allowed there are some huge ego'd LEO's (the DPS in particular) who would make an issue of it- then he called a buddy of his, who is a DPS trooper, and asked him what to do- it seems I have to provide a Passport (which I haven't had in 30+ years) or a Birth Certificate (which I don't have either and will have to go to, or through, the Tarrant County Court House to obtain)- that is what is acceptable- oh, he ran my DL on his in-car computer and I am in the system- he said his DPS buddy was going to go to that DL office and ask why I was told it isn't- I may just tell em to fuck off- I haven't even been stopped in 10 years, and that was on my Harley, for speeding, which I no longer ride- if I get cited, oh well-
I did not have a passport, as I carried a copy of orders back in the day and have done no international travel since then. I was able to work from state of Tenn. with the Commonwealth of Kentucky by phone and email and ordered/receive my new birth certificate. I think it was less than 35 buck$ and took less than three weeks, but been a couple of years now. My wife got the Real ID on her license also (because we both want to be able to fly if we choose), and had less time and money in the process, being from Tenn. and my having already gone through. By all means, get everything done at once. DMV is always crowded, always has significant wait time (even to find out what you are providing that they will not accept) and always a pain in the butt, is it is where the bureaucracy meets the road in modern 21st century America and not much getting around it in my state, your state or anybody else's from what I have heard. Good luck with the system.

My wife and I got passport cards, one reason is things like this...her, especially, since she was born in Havana. My uncle has the ONLY remaining copy of his birth certificate. The original no longer exists (county record room flooded around 1990) and he isn't sure he can actually get a replacement. Fortunately, he also has a passport good for another few years.

My wife and I got passport cards, one reason is things like this...her, especially, since she was born in Havana. My uncle has the ONLY remaining copy of his birth certificate. The original no longer exists (county record room flooded around 1990) and he isn't sure he can actually get a replacement. Fortunately, he also has a passport good for another few years.
He can probably get one and it would be the new computerized one. Would not wait until you need it. Before this, I had the original with the state raise seal from state of Kentucky, but was not acceptable for Department of Homeland Security, even though it was the only one I had throughout my military careers and perfectly acceptable to big Army, FBI, DIA, and CIA. Something changed after I got out, one thing being the creation of Department of Homeland Security, itself.

He can probably get one and it would be the new computerized one. Would not wait until you need it. Before this, I had the original with the state raise seal from state of Kentucky, but was not acceptable for Department of Homeland Security, even though it was the only one I had throughout my military careers and perfectly acceptable to big Army, FBI, DIA, and CIA. Something changed after I got out, one thing being the creation of Department of Homeland Security, itself.

He has a copy already...more to the point, he shouldn't need it since he has a valid passport.

He has a copy already...more to the point, he shouldn't need it since he has a valid passport.
I was not interested in bucking the new system because i should not need a new computer generated one. I am pragmatic, I wanted results and to be prepared for contingencies, so as not to be held up when in a hurry and that has (at least for me) required certain IDs. I just roll with it and stay up to date, since I cannot turn back the clock to simple times.

I was not interested in bucking the new system because i should not need a new computer generated one. I am pragmatic, I wanted results and to be prepared for contingencies, so as not to be held up when in a hurry and that has (at least for me) required certain IDs. I just roll with it and stay up to date, since I cannot turn back the clock to simple times.
In every case where you might need a birth certificate, a passport can be used instead.

Bummer.

We probably need some form of therapy for putting up with this....

And morons like the one in post #3.

In every case where you might need a birth certificate, a passport can be used instead.
I could have used one to get my permit and the real ID, alright.

Forum List

Back