Consequence Culture - Gina Carano, Colin Kaepernick, The Dixie Chicks and Jane Fonda

So we've seen a few threads on these boards about how Gina Carano was fired by Disney after she repeatedly posted racist, conspiratorial and transphobic memes on Twitter, and someone decided that she wasn't the best person to have on your Fun Space Adventure for the Whole Family. Yes, after spending 4 BILLION to buy the rights to Star Wars, they didn't want some third tier actor dragging them into controversy they didn't need.

View attachment 464341
Fun Space Adventure... Calling them "Younglings" so you don't have to say, "Killed Children"

Anyway, the Right Wing has gone apoplectic over this. How dare we punish this poor woman for merely expressing her opinion.

Of course, these were the same people who insisted that the NFL Fire Colin Kaepernick because he took a knee protesting police misconduct and killing of black people.

View attachment 464342

Eventually, he was proven right when the country exploded into riots after George Floyd was murdered. Even big corporations got in on the act.

Then there were the Dixie Chicks. Remember them? They were a country band that expressed the opinion that our war with Iraq over weapons that didn't exist was probably a bad idea. (Actually, only one of them did, but they all paid for it.

View attachment 464343

Eventually, they were proven right. Heck, you'd be hard pressed to find a Right Winger today who would argue the Iraq War was a good idea.

Then there was the grandmother of all "Cancel Culture", Jane Fonda. You remember Jane? She was the one who said our undeclared war in Vietnam was a terrible idea. Even humanized the people we were mercilessly bombing by visiting them.

View attachment 464344

Well, she was proven right. The war was a bad idea. Not that it did her any good, people still denounced her as "Hanoi Jane" and her career was pretty much over by 1980.

Point is, the Right Wing was for Cancel Culture (really, "Consequence Culture") before they were against it.

So let the right wing outrage begin!!!
Carano didn't post anything racist or homophobic. You guys turned it into that, but her tweets were not any of that.

As far as kapernick and Carano being fired, hey, its all said and done, and like you all have said, and the right as said it too, a company has the right to employ anyone, or fire anyone, for whatever reason.

Its all cancel culture and both sides are doing it. Might as well get used to it, its the new normal.

The biggest example of right wing cancel culture were the red scares and Joe McCarthy.
Not anymore.

Today's cancel culture, led by the likes of the OP, serves to prove that you people are 100% anti-American.

It is 100% against our values that we destroy people for speaking things we disagree with. It cannot get more unAmerican.
Yet it was conservatives who cancelled Jane Fonda, the Dixie Chicks, an Colin Kaepernick.

Haven't you been paying attention? Did you read the OP or just stumble in here drunk?

um, yeah, okay... Frankly, I'm not seeing how... The whole story the way you've told it makes not a lick of sense.

You don't have all the information, dipshit. But that didn't let that stop you from stuidly pretending that you're some business savant who knows everything about someone else's business.

See, an intelligent person would've asked "What did he stand to gain?", whereas you simply declared that there was no benefit to him, as if to say that, if you can't see it, it doesn't exist.

You've got a rather misguided sense of self worth, Joey...

Maybe if white racists didn't act like such shitheads, they wouldn't retaliate.

Countless whites (who aren't racists) had their livelihoods destroyed during the negro uprising. And why? Because the negroes were angry? FUck them. They should've been shot dead in the streets...

The fact you are more upset about broken windows than lost lives tells you a lot about your "value system" or lack thereof.

My "value system" tells me that it's wrong to destroy something that isn't yours just because you're angry, that if you do, you should fully expect a violent response which displays little to no regard for your well-being...

Sorry, man, Weaver was a Nazi...

No, he wasn't...

and he murdered a federal agent, and that is illegal.

Okay, what's your point?

Nope, that was all on Nose Candy... If anything, I probably gave it more life than it deserved.

So you helped prolong th misery?

A good employee would've seen the writing on the wall and acted. You saw the writing on the wall and abetted...

Depends on the industry... I've been in industries where money was the ONLY factor. But you dodged the question. Do you tell a vendor you are going to fire them before you've gotten a new vendor lined up? Yes or no? It was a simple question.

I answered your question, dummy...

This isn’t complicated.

Freedom of speech does not shield one from repercussions there after.
Hmm...its supposed to, otherwise, what is the point of having free speech? If you will be punished for your speech, then it really isn't "free" is it?

Was Tebow kept from playing? No.

Such a statement suggests that you believe the NFL had some responsibility to ensure that Kaepernick stayed employed.

The only person who guaranteed the he wouldn't play was Kaepernick. His actions ensured that. When he failed to show up for the workout the NFL had set up for him, might as well have just announced his retirement...

This isn’t complicated.

Hmm...its supposed to, otherwise, what is the point of having free speech? If you will be punished for your speech, then it really isn't "free" is it?

Having the right to say something doesn't absolve you of the ramifications for saying it. If that were true, you could walk up to your boss and call him a cocksucker and expect nothing to happen to you.

No one is telling you that you can't call him that; you always retain that right. You just need to be aware that there could be repercussions...

The biggest example of right wing cancel culture were the red scares and Joe McCarthy.
Not anymore.

Today's cancel culture, led by the likes of the OP, serves to prove that you people are 100% anti-American.

It is 100% against our values that we destroy people for speaking things we disagree with. It cannot get more unAmerican.
Yet it was conservatives who cancelled Jane Fonda, the Dixie Chicks, an Colin Kaepernick.

Haven't you been paying attention? Did you read the OP or just stumble in here drunk?
liar. Jane Fonda, The Dixie Chicks all continued to work, even though the former was a traitor, and the later were just stupid bitches. They were not stopped from making music.

Colin Kaepernick has not been stopped from working because of canceled culture. He just fucking sucks at his trade.

I don’t want to hear your male supremacist delusions.

You really should take your savings and buy a nice home for some deserving transgender POC. Perhaps you could volunteer to clean toilets for the Section 8 housing while you apologize for your white privilege?

Why would I need to do that. Just eliminate racism and they'll be fine.

Great deflection liberal lefty.

No deflection at all.... you'd be a white trash loser even without affirmative action.
So smart you think that you are, but I think that you are so transparently stupid, and yet full of wicked wisdom in order to undermine American's with your hatred and wickedness on display.. That's the reality of the situation..... Better read up on the meaning of having wicked wisdom as opposed to having Godly wisdom, and maybe it would make you think hmmmmmm, but as wickedly egotistical as you are, I don't think that it would penetrate that hollow skull because the outer layer has become way to thick.

So, so, needy

You don't have all the information, dipshit. But that didn't let that stop you from stuidly pretending that you're some business savant who knows everything about someone else's business.

See, an intelligent person would've asked "What did he stand to gain?", whereas you simply declared that there was no benefit to him, as if to say that, if you can't see it, it doesn't exist.

Naw, you have told so many versions of this story, you haven't really made any sense at all... and honestly, it really sounds like you made this poor schlub the scapegoat for your bad management.

So you helped prolong th misery?

A good employee would've seen the writing on the wall and acted. You saw the writing on the wall and abetted...

Actually, I looked out for my team and our customers, many of whom we built good relationships with. The problem here was that Nose Candy didn't build the company (his parents did) and really didn't understand the business

In retrospect, I should have been sending out resumes a year before the end came... but if anything, I was too emotionally invested... a mistake I never repeated after that.

Was Tebow kept from playing? No.

Such a statement suggests that you believe the NFL had some responsibility to ensure that Kaepernick stayed employed.
No, such a statement suggests that the NFL was responsible for ensuring that Kaepernick stayed unemployed.

Kaepernick didn't have the skills that NFL teams needed. His last season in the NFL the 49'ers were 2-14. The only conclusion NFL teams could make is that he didn't have what it took any more. Furthermore, when he had the chance to show them whether or not he still had it, he walked away. I think only seven teams were not in attendance, and he reneged.

He sealed his own fate...

Naw, you have told so many versions of this story, you haven't really made any sense at all... and honestly, it really sounds like you made this poor schlub the scapegoat for your bad management.

Wow, you really hate being shown how fucked up your argument is. See, without all of the information, you can't reach an intelligent conclusion. It's impossible. That's why I haven't given you all of the information. I wanted to see if you would solicit it or stupidly act as though you're all knowing.

I would've bet my last nickel it would be the latter, and it was...

Actually, I looked out for my team and our customers, many of whom we built good relationships with. The problem here was that Nose Candy didn't build the company (his parents did) and really didn't understand the business

And it's equally clear that there was no one employed there who had the knowledge or the talent to help him. I knew you were a liar, but I didn't know you were a talentless liar...

In retrospect, I should have been sending out resumes a year before the end came... but if anything, I was too emotionally invested... a mistake I never repeated after that.

Awwww, you got all emotional?

And you claim to be a good businessman? Well, I guess if you lack in intelligence you make up for in emotion.

Did you cry when the turned the lights off for the last time?

I don’t want to hear your male supremacist delusions.

You really should take your savings and buy a nice home for some deserving transgender POC. Perhaps you could volunteer to clean toilets for the Section 8 housing while you apologize for your white privilege?

Why would I need to do that. Just eliminate racism and they'll be fine.

Great deflection liberal lefty.

No deflection at all.... you'd be a white trash loser even without affirmative action.
You need to pay for your admitted white privilege. If you don’t compensate POC you are a racist.

U
Those are all good points but I do wonder what did Gina Carano say that you label as racist, conspiratorial and transphobic? What even is transphobic?

Irrational fear of transsexual Americans.

Bt what exactly did she say?
Use your Google.

Informed people don't use Google anymore. What are you smoking? :D

You have to be very ignorant to think a health person will make you sick. That is a fraud so they could force the lock downs and people to wear these face diapers.
You have to be very ignorant to believe that you know more than the scientists and the medical community.

Science has been kidnapped by Scientism that is absolutely driven by corporate bottom lines and agendas.

Much of the medical community don't have time to research any of these things. And many that do know what is actually going on, can't speak up or they will lose their licenses and get fired. Just ask Dr. Simone Gold.

Kaepernick didn't have the skills that NFL teams needed. His last season in the NFL the 49'ers were 2-14. The only conclusion NFL teams could make is that he didn't have what it took any more. Furthermore, when he had the chance to show them whether or not he still had it, he walked away. I think only seven teams were not in attendance, and he reneged.

He sealed his own fate...

Uh-huh. The teams insisted on no media, so in case he did show he still had it, they couldn't very well balk at not hiring him.

Come on... get real, the man was cancelled for taking a stand against police brutality... until that became popular and the NFL didn't dare stop it.

Wow, you really hate being shown how fucked up your argument is. See, without all of the information, you can't reach an intelligent conclusion. It's impossible. That's why I haven't given you all of the information. I wanted to see if you would solicit it or stupidly act as though you're all knowing.

Uh, huh. Actually, you've presented a narrative that makes little or no sense, and if you were in the right, you'd have had all your facts lined up.

And it's equally clear that there was no one employed there who had the knowledge or the talent to help him. I knew you were a liar, but I didn't know you were a talentless liar...

Kind of hard to use "knowledge" when dealing with people who don't listen. We told Nose Candy for years what he had to fix, but instead he let problems keep getting worse.

Awwww, you got all emotional?

And you claim to be a good businessman? Well, I guess if you lack in intelligence you make up for in emotion.

Did you cry when the turned the lights off for the last time?

Darn straight I was upset. Some of us put lots of hours in there, had been with the company for years.... But when you give more of a shit than the owners and managers, it's time to leave.

This isn’t complicated.

Having the right to say something doesn't absolve you of the ramifications for saying it. If that were true, you could walk up to your boss and call him a cocksucker and expect nothing to happen to you.

No one is telling you that you can't call him that; you always retain that right. You just need to be aware that there could be repercussions...
True, because that would be my boss, and in a company, they have rules about that sort of thing.

In the public arena though, you shouldn't be able to punish people for their speech.

I've already said that what happened to Carano and Kapernick was the right of the their employers. I don't agree with them, but it is their right. Cancel culture is wrong, no matter which side does it.

Uh-huh. The teams insisted on no media, so in case he did show he still had it, they couldn't very well balk at not hiring him.

Bitch, please. Michael Vick found a job, surely Kaepernick would've. The fact is that he waited until the last minute to drop out of it. He's unemployed because of his own actions...

Forum List

Back