Concerns over what may happen during a second Trump presidency are founded in the first.

berg80

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2017
President Trump abused the powers of his high office through the following means:
(1) Directing the White House to defy a lawful subpoena by withholding the production of documents sought therein by the Committees.
(2) Directing other Executive Branch agencies and offices to defy lawful subpoenas and withhold the production of documents and records from the Committees—in response to which the Department of State, Office of Management and Budget, Department of Energy, and Department of Defense refused to produce a single document or record.

To be honest, Trump violated so many laws and norms during his reign of terror I had forgotten how he stonewalled Congress in its efforts to get documentary and testimonial information regarding impeachment #1. So when Don's supporters shrug off warnings of him being a threat to democracy we need only to remind them he already was one.

I've seen a few posts from MAGAists complaining the Biden admin is withholding some documents requested by House Repubs in their corruption witch hunt. How would you folks feel if Joe just uniformly refused to hand over anything?

President Trump abused the powers of his high office through the following means:
(1) Directing the White House to defy a lawful subpoena by withholding the production of documents sought therein by the Committees.
(2) Directing other Executive Branch agencies and offices to defy lawful subpoenas and withhold the production of documents and records from the Committees—in response to which the Department of State, Office of Management and Budget, Department of Energy, and Department of Defense refused to produce a single document or record.

To be honest, Trump violated so many laws and norms during his reign of terror I had forgotten how he stonewalled Congress in its efforts to get documentary and testimonial information regarding impeachment #1. So when Don's supporters shrug off warnings of him being a threat to democracy we need only to remind them he already was one.

I've seen a few posts from MAGAists complaining the Biden admin is withholding some documents requested by House Repubs in their corruption witch hunt. How would you folks feel if Joe just uniformly refused to hand over anything?
Do you also consider Biden to be a threat to democracy for acting in the same manner as Trump or is it somehow different when Biden does it?

We're a republic, not a democracy, so I'm not worried about threats to democracy.

Granted, what we really are is a fascism pretending to be a republic, but that could describe a lot of governments.

If he acted in the same manner as Trump he would be a threat to democracy.
There is no “if” he has acted in the same manner as Trump, it’s a matter of he “is”, so are you going to call out Biden as a threat to democracy or continue to hold but that’s different stance? You talked the talk but are in no way walking the walk.

Last edited:

AAAAAIIIEEEEE!!!!! TRUMP'S A DICTATOR!!!!!! HIDE THE CHILDREN!!!!

oh-no-meme-explainer.jpg

We're a republic, not a democracy, so I'm not worried about threats to democracy.

Granted, what we really are is a fascism pretending to be a republic, but that could describe a lot of governments.
Not really. Fascists are nationalists. Do you really think any of the people running the show are nationalists? They're all globalists.

Please post a link to the story reporting Biden informing all agencies of government to refuse to cooperate with congressional investigations. It should be easy.

Nah.... you're just a moonbat and would deflect away.

Not worth my energy

He will be as good as Joe is. We promise. So much is owed. So much.
Does that vague language portend the retribution Trump has promised against those trying to hold him accountable for alleged crimes? Should someone like E. Jean Carroll be concerned he will come after her?

Not really. Fascists are nationalists. Do you really think any of the people running the show are nationalists? They're all globalists.
I'm referring to the collusion between industry and government. As defined by Mussolini, the government and industry work hand in hand in a fascism. Some refer to this colloquially as corporatism.

It is true that fascism generally has a nationalistic component, but much of the world in general really does fit the economic side of fascism. Maybe you could say we aren't socially fascist, however.

Forum List

Back