Coming clean drinking water crisis for America and the entire Earth.

52ndStreet

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2008
We are entering into a clean drinking water shortage for America and the entire world. The world must invest in reverse osmosis water conversion plants, that turn sea water into clean drinking water Now!. Your thoughts.

It would only be like a drop from a bucket. The Earths oceans are to vast to be depleated.
its not because of depletion,,

We are entering into a clean drinking water shortage for America and the entire world. The world must invest in reverse osmosis water conversion plants, that turn sea water into clean drinking water Now!. Your thoughts.
Reverse Osmosis is very expensive but perhaps necessary for drinking water in some countries. It's not a solution for other needs for fresh water and that's a much bigger problem.

Canada could provide all the 'drinking' water needed in America, far more cost effective than R.O.

There's obviously little thought gone into the question, but at least it presents an introduction to the challenges of climate change.

Reverse osmosis is the poorest quality of clean water. It doesn't remove ecoli or heavy metals. Some countries are way ahead of us on this.

Reverse Osmosis is very expensive but perhaps necessary for drinking water in some countries. It's not a solution for other needs for fresh water and that's a much bigger problem.

Canada could provide all the 'drinking' water needed in America, far more cost effective than R.O.

There's obviously little thought gone into the question, but at least it presents an introduction to the challenges of climate change.
WTH? The Great Lakes are American also and keep your hands off- Go Bills! You'll be back....lol

I dunno. These huge rainstorms are recharging the groundwater in many areas. We could look at how much potable water we waste. I alone waste over a thousand gallons per year just running the 'hot' water until it heats up. I have practiced saving this water for toilet flushing if it ever becomes necessary. Shower, bath, and even dishwater can also be saved for toilet flushing.

If we improve our health we don't need to drink so much water. Our bodies are very good at managing our hydration. We can also cut back on liquid beverages.

Last edited:

Reverse osmosis doesn't take out heavy metals and ecoli.

Reverse osmosis doesn't take out heavy metals and ecoli.
It's usually used in conjunction with filtration and UV treatment.
The raw product needs to be viable with the process.

The only drawback I know of with RO is the cost for a larger volume than just drinking water.

Incidentally, I ran an RO unit on my cruising sailboat and so I have some info on it's uses.
I also learned that ocean salt water can answer most other needs. With some qualifications that I'm not going to spell out unless asked.

What to do? Make sure Republicans don't get elected and keep intelligent Democrats who have solutions in power for God's sake. Stop voting for people because of imaginary conspiracies and pedophilia lol....

Last edited:

Simple, our planet does not have a problem with not enough water. It has a problem with gross overpopulation.

But that's alright. Now that it is 2022, we have a solution.

615Fdsc5haL._AC_SY580_.jpg

We've got floods throughout the country so it's dilligaf from me. It'll rain again.

Greg

Forum List

Back