Colorado baker refused gay couple a cake, narrowly won his case

notmyfault2020

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2022

I was a little confused about exactly what happened in this case, so I figured others may be as well

I think the guy won more because of the way the dim-run lower courts treated the baker than anything else, but I'm still reading through this case..

• Banned
I guess this is about the 2nd time this baker was targeted by gay extremist knuckleheads

I thought it was about the original case... OK, I will Search that one

Here is the original case against Philips from several years ago

Last edited:
Targeted, hateful litigation. They could get this service from many other businesses but they want to RUIN this guy through costly litigation. He should countersue them for his costs.

• Banned
Targeted, hateful litigation. They could get this service from many other businesses but they want to RUIN this guy through costly litigation. He should countersue them for his costs.
I guess I'll have to do a Search on that. I think I heard something about such a lawsuit.. But again, I have to do a Search.

I thought the guy got sued by the fags because he wouldn't put 2 men on top of the cake but that must be another case or something.

It would be nice if we went to a loser pays type of system.
That would eliminate about 90% of the frivolous suits & free up the court dockets.
The lobbyists for the attorneys make sure that will never pass though.

These multiple suits are just another way the left/wokesters try to force people to bend the knee to their insane ideology.
Activists look for business owners to target to send a message to all the others- do as we say or we will ruin you

• Banned

site:

Phillips’ attorneys appealed, and the case made it all the way to the Supreme Court. In a 7-2 decision, the justices did not decide whether a business has the right to refuse to serve gay and lesbian people outright, but they did set aside the Colorado court ruling against Phillips...

June 2017. Attorney Autumn Scardina said she called the store to request a birthday cake that would be blue on the outside and pink on the inside. The cake, according to her complaint, was in “celebration of my transition from male to female.”

Phillips has previously said he will not refuse to serve anyone in his store, but he will decline to specifically make a cake or other baked item if it goes against his religious views. According to the lawsuit, Phillips would also refuse to make a cake that is disparaging to the gay community.

Forum List

Back