Colorado baker told to bake that cake

They ain't both the word of God?

Did one old-timey God get dated? Get replaced? Fired? Re-purposed?
Ain't God forever, always, then, now, and in the future?

Or are you saying your particular edition of God is the new v.2.0 of the first model......and now only his word is the word of God?

ps....got any updates on when God v.3.0 is scheduled for release?
I'm saying you're Biblically illiterate. Life is hard when you're stupid.

"You obviously don't understand the difference between old and new Testaments."
"More so Covenants.... throw that one at them and they're lost"
-----------------------------------------

So, if my poor avatar can presume that the two avatarees above are Christianists.....then can we ask them their view on this poor Colorado baker who bakes and decorates a pretty sweet-cake and all is cool and Christianist......but whence he places two little plastic men holding hands on top.......well, he gets condemned the fires of hell for eternity?

Really, poster Filter and Lassy, do you really subscribe to that belief ....as others on this thread have stated?

Don't you consider that just a tad harsh for just a couple of painted plastic figurines that are merely symbolizing affection and loyalty.....and not murder, rape, or other dire stuff?

Everyone knows the baker was targeted.

I don't know that...

Two weeks ago, David Mullins and Charlie Craig didn’t think much would come from the Facebook post they wrote condemning a Lakewood bakery that refused to make a cake for their same-sex wedding reception.

But, as word spread, their story sparked thousands to rally around the couple — and around Masterpiece Cakeshop owner Jack Phillips, who turned the two away for religious reasons.

In a statement, the couple said the July 19 incident was the first time either of them had been turned away from a business because of their sexual orientation, calling the situation “dehumanizing,” “awkward” and “painful.”

“It (support) has turned one of the most profoundly negative experiences of our lives into a joyous affirmation of our love and commitment,” the statement read.

The couple has been together for two years and engaged for six months. Their Providence, Mass., wedding is set for Sept. 16, and a local reception will be held a few weeks later.

While people gathered outside waving rainbow flags and holding “Let them eat cake” signs Saturday, the scene inside Masterpiece Cakeshop was pretty typical of a weekend afternoon, as patrons lined up to take samples and pick up orders.

-----------------------------------------

So, if my poor avatar can presume that the two avatarees above are Christianists.....then can we ask them their view on this poor Colorado baker who bakes and decorates a pretty sweet-cake and all is cool and Christianist......but whence he places two little plastic men holding hands on top.......well, he gets condemned the fires of hell for eternity?

Really, poster Filter and Lassy, do you really subscribe to that belief ....as others on this thread have stated?

Don't you consider that just a tad harsh for just a couple of painted plastic figurines that are merely symbolizing affection and loyalty.....and not murder, rape, or other dire stuff?
Tell us who is harmed more, the two queers or the baker?

I don't know that...

Two weeks ago, David Mullins and Charlie Craig didn’t think much would come from the Facebook post they wrote condemning a Lakewood bakery that refused to make a cake for their same-sex wedding reception.

But, as word spread, their story sparked thousands to rally around the couple — and around Masterpiece Cakeshop owner Jack Phillips, who turned the two away for religious reasons.

In a statement, the couple said the July 19 incident was the first time either of them had been turned away from a business because of their sexual orientation, calling the situation “dehumanizing,” “awkward” and “painful.”

“It (support) has turned one of the most profoundly negative experiences of our lives into a joyous affirmation of our love and commitment,” the statement read.

The couple has been together for two years and engaged for six months. Their Providence, Mass., wedding is set for Sept. 16, and a local reception will be held a few weeks later.

While people gathered outside waving rainbow flags and holding “Let them eat cake” signs Saturday, the scene inside Masterpiece Cakeshop was pretty typical of a weekend afternoon, as patrons lined up to take samples and pick up orders.
Yes, you do know that. You're a liar, which you've already proven.

Ask him how Covenants play into the Bible
So, Lassy.....you can answer directly for yourself, no need to have poster Filter speak for you:
Are you all-in on little EmilyAnn being stoned to death on your porch? And what about that Colorado baker burning in the hellfire of Perdition forever, as has been articulated by other alleged Christianists participating in this discussion.

Are you a 'go'.....on the fire and the speed rocks?

So, Lassy.....you can answer directly for yourself, no need to have poster Filter speak for you:
Are you all-in on little EmilyAnn being stoned to death on your porch? And what about that Colorado baker burning in the hellfire of Perdition forever, as has been articulated by other alleged Christianists participating in this discussion.

Are you a 'go'.....on the fire and the speed rocks?
You still haven't told us which Christian churches are still stoning people. Go ahead, Einstein.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, if is true as has been asserted about the Christianist view that the poor baker is gonna burn for an interminably long time for merely placing an .89-cent figurine on top of a cake he had already baked.....well, I gotta say the baker gets the short end. Or hot-end.
After all the married couple is just gonna eat cake.
But the baker burns.
Seems not equitable to me.
But then, I ain't a Christianist either. So some of their views escape me.

As sort of an aside ---- doesn't it seem awfully retributionist-y, awfully revengeful-y.....of your God to burn the baker forever simply for placing tiny plastic dolls on a confectionary? Personally, it seems a tad reactionary, to my sensibilities.

I'm sure glad my own model of God is a bit more forgiving and tolerant.....and frankly, has more important issues to deal with.

But you be you BSFilter.

Yes, you do know that. You're a liar, which you've already proven.
Actually, all the articles I've read on the topic indicates they chose this shop at random, and it was the first time they ever encountered homophobia.

That's like saying, "Who is more harmed, the bank or the robber" when the robber is gunned down by the cops.

He knew what the law was... he broke it anyway.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, if is true as has been asserted about the Christianist view that the poor baker is gonna burn for an interminably long time for merely placing an .89-cent figurine on top of a cake he had already baked.....well, I gotta say the baker gets the short end. Or hot-end.
After all the married couple is just gonna eat cake.
But the baker burns.
Seems not equitable to me.
But then, I ain't a Christianist either. So some of their views escape me.

As sort of an aside ---- doesn't it seem awfully retributionist-y, awfully revengeful-y.....of your God to burn the baker forever simply for placing tiny plastic dolls on a confectionary? Personally, it seems a tad reactionary, to my sensibilities.

I'm sure glad my own model of God is a bit more forgiving and tolerant.....and frankly, has more important issues to deal with.

But you be you BSFilter.
If you honestly believe this is about burning in hell, then you're even dumber than I thought.

Uh, actually, the only thing SCOTUS did with the same sex case was say that they should have taken his belief in sky pixies into account. They did not strike down public accommedation laws.

He really doesn't have a leg to stand on with the Tranny Cake, because he agreed to make the cake until he was told who it was for.

Why would you marry someone you aren't sexually interested in?

Don’t know why, but it’s legal. You kind of sound all bigeted and stuff.

Why would anyone marry someone of the same sex period. 🤦‍♂️ but that’s your business Joe, not mine.

No, we KNOW what this is about.

This is about a bunch of sexually insecure homophobes hiding their insecurities behind religion.
So? That doesn't give anyone the right to destroy their livelihood. Fucking nazi.

Nope.....this is a free country, unlike Britain......the Freedom of Religion is why our Founders left your tiny island. If adulterors had a party, he wouldn't bake a cake for that either, you dumb shit.

Fascists like you turn my stomach.....the death, chaos and ruin you create just never stops.
Nope the baker just hates gay folks. That it.
Strange that the homphobic types turn up on every thread proclaiming their deeply held fake christianity.

Its 2023 now and beyond a joke. Just treat folk with courtesy and kindness.

Nope the baker just hates gay folks. That it.
Strange that the homphobic types turn up on every thread proclaiming their deeply held fake christianity.

Its 2023 now and beyond a joke. Just treat folk with courtesy and kindness.
The baker has the right to choose who he wants to work for. Christophobic bigot.

Don’t know why, but it’s legal. You kind of sound all bigeted and stuff.

Why would anyone marry someone of the same sex period.
I think you need to go into your job tomorrow (assuming you have one) and share your wisdom on icky gay people. Let us know how it goes.

Point is, your bigotry is not really in vogue... grasping to a last few straws like, "Well, I won't bake a cake" is kind of pointless

Are you a heterophobe? Is heterosexual sex icky to you, Joe?

Not at all.. unlike you, I'm secure in my heterosexuality. You clearly have issues. Was it that one time in camp?

So? That doesn't give anyone the right to destroy their livelihood. Fucking nazi.
No, but their failure to comply with the law does.
There is a public accommodation law.
This jackass broke it.

I think you need to go into your job tomorrow (assuming you have one) and share your wisdom on icky gay people. Let us know how it goes.

Point is, your bigotry is not really in vogue... grasping to a last few straws like, "Well, I won't bake a cake" is kind of pointless

Not at all.. unlike you, I'm secure in my heterosexuality. You clearly have issues. Was it that one time in camp?

No, but their failure to comply with the law does.
There is a public accommodation law.
This jackass broke it.

Poor Joe, thought same sex can only mean gay sex. I guess that’s what’s on joes mind most of the time.

In this new millennium, folks have redefined marriage Joe. Hell Windsor proclaimed to the world that marriage today is all about the government bennies, and tax free inheritance!

But, what Joe, you still stuck in the days only a man could marry a woman. 🤦‍♂️

Mighty bigoted Joe, mighty bigoted.

Forum List

Back