CO Highway Patrol declares war on text-drivers: "Get your head out of your app"

This will help but they really should be more strident. Something like " Texting drivers are psychopaths with no concern for the safety of others". Let's stop coddling these killers and maimers.

Get your head out of your apps says state patrol

march 20 2015
KUSA - The Colorado State Patrol is starting a new distracted driving campaign encouraging drivers to stay off their phones while driving.

Starting Friday, drivers will see the message "Get your head out of your app" on variable message boards across the state.

The law says that any driver under the age of 18 is prohibited from using a phone while driving. All drivers are prohibited from texting while driving.
Notwithstanding your constant crusading against people who drive faster than 30 mph, this is a legitimate point.
Hand held use of cell phones and other personal electronic devices while driving should be unlawful and punishable by a misdemeanor criminal penalty.

[
Do you talk to people in your vehicle while driving? Because I dont see the difference between talking to your phone or talking to a person.

Hey einstein. How do you legislate against drivers talking to passengers.?
There are states enacting laws prohibiting distracted driving.
One can be penalized for eating or drinking beverages while driving.

Sit down and count how many individual items and devices a smart phone replaces.

What do you pay every month for this service.?

LOL..Get with the program gramps.

The board notes you refuse to answer the question. You know darn well you're throwing away a fortune on some silly toy just because the media tells you to. HAHAHA

LOL...What a dipshit!!! Next time you break down on the side of the freeway give me a call for help..............Oh wait.
Dude you have a brain like a sloth.

Sit down and count how many individual items and devices a smart phone replaces.

What do you pay every month for this service.?

LOL..Get with the program gramps.

The board notes you refuse to answer the question. You know darn well you're throwing away a fortune on some silly toy just because the media tells you to. HAHAHA

LOL...What a dipshit!!! Next time you break down on the side of the freeway give me a call for help..............Oh wait.

You insult sloths.

Notwithstanding your constant crusading against people who drive faster than 30 mph, this is a legitimate point.
Hand held use of cell phones and other personal electronic devices while driving should be unlawful and punishable by a misdemeanor criminal penalty.

Make it felony. Tax evasion is often tried as a felony and this is 100 times worse than that.

Hey einstein. Everybody agrees there are times when a cell phone is useful. But overall they do more harm than good. I can thinkn of scenarios where it would be useful to have a hand grenade. THINK

Hey einstein. Everybody agrees there are times when a cell phone is useful. But overall they do more harm than good. I can thinkn of scenarios where it would be useful to have a hand grenade. THINK

Dude really? I've heard some radical opinions but yours take the cake.

Hey einstein. How do you legislate against drivers talking to passengers.?
There are states enacting laws prohibiting distracted driving.
One can be penalized for eating or drinking beverages while driving.

Fine but that's not the same as banning drivers talking to passengers. Why can't you THINK?
Don't attack me...
In some of these states, 'distracted driving' can have latitude for law enforcement to make a stop...
For example, if a PO witnesses a driver constantly turning their head to talk to others in the vehicle and in doing to is not keeping with traffic, not keeping a straight course, not adhering to traffic control devices, this can be interpreted as distracted driving.
You would be wise to back off the angry rhetoric. I'm going to break a a few rules here....Get it?

^^^ Hand free devices are okay unless talking to who ever is on the other end of the line is a big enough distraction. To me, when behind the wheel of anything that is going to be moving, a person's full attention should be on their operation of it. A good operation of it only means fewer operations that take place in the hospital.

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

I dont consider a hands free device anymore distracting than a radio.
Most Millennials don't.

I'll be fifty in June. Get rid of the flip phone dude.
A hands free device has nothing to do with flip phones. But your use of the 1980's term 'dude' explains why you you don't understand that.

Forum List

Back