CO Highway Patrol declares war on text-drivers: "Get your head out of your app"

How much distracted driving do cops do
Whats your point, because who ever is guilty is guilty, and this be it the cops or anyone else out there. Most police precincts have their in house rules also, and if the cops are in violation of the rules then they are wrote up and even fired maybe. Hating on the cops are we ? Someone has to enforce the laws, even if we have flaws in that area of life also. Hopefully they are under as much scrutiny that anyone else is, and if they violate the law, then they should get the same as anyone that they are charged with watching over and protecting also.

Unfortunately they aren't held accountable.
Police Officer Will Not Be Charged In Killing Of Napster Executive - Business Insider

People need to upgrade their phones.
Talk to text is the shit!

That's what I use and even then I only do it if I'm stopped at a red light.

Do you talk to people in your vehicle while driving? Because I dont see the difference between talking to your phone or talking to a person.
Big difference as has been proven as such..

If I never touch my phone there is no difference.

How do you legislate against people talking to a phone?
I can text without touching my phone so whats the difference?

All electronic toys should be banned from vehicle interiors. That includes radios. THINK
Not banned, but made to make sure that they are absolutely no distraction for lesser skilled drivers like the young folks who are in some degrees less skilled, but with today's tech minds it can be done, and that should be the challenge always.

How do you legislate against people talking to a phone?
I can text without touching my phone so whats the difference?

All electronic toys should be banned from vehicle interiors. That includes radios. THINK

I'm sure you never use the radio in your vehicle....:doubt:
I bet tuning radio's has caused wrecks as well, but the stats are so low that they don't even register on the scales. The stats that are showing tragic results should be attacked and fixed PERIOD!

When I can give a cop for doing the same thin I do then we are on equal footing. I've seen cops hot rod thru ditches bust into the traffic stream in unsafe manner just to issue a seatbelt ticket....outrageous what we allow cops to do in name "safety"

Do you talk to people in your vehicle while driving? Because I dont see the difference between talking to your phone or talking to a person.

Meaning ? What are you saying that either one way or the other the device is still a distraction while in the vehicle or it is not ?

When I can give a cop for doing the same thin I do then we are on equal footing. I've seen cops hot rod thru ditches bust into the traffic stream in unsafe manner just to issue a seatbelt ticket....outrageous what we allow cops to do in name "safety"
I agree, but in the mean time we need to save the lives of our citizens if their is a problem that we all agree upon.

I use to have that exact same point of view. Then I thought about it a bit and noticed that the people in the vehicle I was piloting were aware of the driving conditions I was facing. If I was merging into traffic on a freeway, they would halt conversation so I could concentrate. When things got back to routine, they would start talking again. The physical interaction and cognitive awareness is lost with someone on the other end of a phone conversation.

Meaning ? What are you saying that either one way or the other the device is still a distraction in the vehicle or it is not ?

I guess if you want to call talking to your passenger a distraction than talking to your phone would be as well.
I learned my lesson as a youngster when I totaled my brand new car looking for a CD.

I can think of alls kinds of tyranny that will save lives
So what is your suggestion then, do nothing to solve problems in the nation, because you have a beef with something else ?

Solve the problem of the nation??? This is purley policing for profit along with seat bellts...it solves no crime, the fines are astronomical, which is why cops concentrate on them so much..... ......

I use to have that exact same point of view. Then I thought about it a bit and noticed that the people in the vehicle I was piloting were aware of the driving conditions I was facing. If I was merging into traffic on a freeway, they would halt conversation so I could concentrate. When things got back to routine, they would start talking again. The physical interaction and cognitive awareness is lost with someone on the other end of a phone conversation.

We're talking about texting. I rarely talk on the phone while driving anyway,if I do I dont do it in heavy traffic.

Meaning ? What are you saying that either one way or the other the device is still a distraction in the vehicle or it is not ?

I guess if you want to call talking to your passenger a distraction than talking to your phone would be as well.
I learned my lesson as a youngster when I totaled my brand new car looking for a CD.
We are talking different degrees in skill levels out there, and the problems are actually falling between certain categories in which the most problems are coming from or are occurring in, so your posting in the way that you are posting is actually a distraction from the solutions sought after in these things, now wouldn't you agree ?

Forum List

Back