CNN reports that torture of terrorists advocate Tom Cotton will be Secretary Of Defense!

Yessss....waterboarding isn't near what they do to people not even close, they use torture, waterboarding isnt torture.

According to the Geneva Conventions, (you know, that agreement we have with a lot of other nations about the proper conduct on the battle field), waterboarding IS torture.

Matter of fact, Pol Pot used it quite effectively to garner false confessions from political dissidents.

Electrical wires, hack saws, flat and branding irons, vice-grips etc. are torture.

A faceful of water is annoying, and part of standard US military training.

I agree. Have a friend who was in the Army. He was water boarded as part of his training.

I asked him what he thought of it and he told me the only thing it did was scare the shit out of him.

He wasn't hurt and there was a doctor right there just as there is always a doctor on site when they water board anyone.

Doesn't sound like any torture I've ever heard of. No broken bones, bloody backs or batteries hooked up to balls. Nope. Not torture at all.

If they were waterboarded, then it was training with Special Operations, because your average soldier or sailor will never be waterboarded.

Oh yeah......your friend may have had it happen to him once, maybe twice, so that they would know what to expect if they were captured. When we waterboarded, we did it over 85 times in 30 days to 1 person. That averages out to three times a day, or once every 8 hours. Did your friend go through that?
So you "tortured" people?

Look terrorist are scum, you could set them on fire, I dont really care.

"General James "Mad Dog" Mattis, who is being considered for Secretary of Defense, was very impressive yesterday. A true General's General!" - Trump

so it might not be Cotton? CNN is wrong again!

The "torture" was all about getting false "confessions" "linking" Saddam and Osama.

The one murdered in the CIA's new LIBYAN branch that Cheney cited months before the Iraq War vote told the FBI he said that simply to stop the 'boarding.

Those advocating continued "torture" should be rounded up and exterminated in medieval fashion.

The "torture" was all about getting false "confessions" "linking" Saddam and Osama.

The one murdered in the CIA's new LIBYAN branch that Cheney cited months before the Iraq War vote told the FBI he said that simply to stop the 'boarding.

Those advocating continued "torture" should be rounded up and exterminated in medieval fashion.

Know what gave us some of the most useful information concerning Iraq? It wasn't waterboarding or torture, it was sugar free cookies that were given to a diabetic terrorist.

Time Says Cookies Make Terrorists Talk | Sweetness & Light

Stupid question, since none of the "info" about Iraq was correct - it was all Zionist Lies...

about this....

Joshua 1 - NIV - Bible Study Tools

"4 Your territory will extend from the desert to Lebanon, and from the great river, the Euphrates—all the Hittite country—to the Mediterranean Sea in the west. . "

According to God in Book of Joshua, Israel the Promised Land extends to its NE border - the Euphrates River in IRAQ.

NOW does everyone understand why all the Zionist DEMOCRATS were 100% for the Iraq invasion no matter what lie was told to justify it?

Yessss....waterboarding isn't near what they do to people not even close, they use torture, waterboarding isnt torture.

According to the Geneva Conventions, (you know, that agreement we have with a lot of other nations about the proper conduct on the battle field), waterboarding IS torture.

Matter of fact, Pol Pot used it quite effectively to garner false confessions from political dissidents.

Electrical wires, hack saws, flat and branding irons, vice-grips etc. are torture.

I agree. Have a friend who was in the Army. He was water boarded as part of his training.

I asked him what he thought of it and he told me the only thing it did was scare the shit out of him.

He wasn't hurt and there was a doctor right there just as there is always a doctor on site when they water board anyone.

Doesn't sound like any torture I've ever heard of. No broken bones, bloody backs or batteries hooked up to balls. Nope. Not torture at all.

If they were waterboarded, then it was training with Special Operations, because your average soldier or sailor will never be waterboarded.

Oh yeah......your friend may have had it happen to him once, maybe twice, so that they would know what to expect if they were captured. When we waterboarded, we did it over 85 times in 30 days to 1 person. That averages out to three times a day, or once every 8 hours. Did your friend go through that?

Glad we did it 85 times. Hell I'd water board every stinking jihadist we have in custody.

Seems you care more about those stinking jihadists than you do about Americans. Doesn't surprise me at all.

I couldn't care less if they water board every fucking jihadist at Gitmo.

Moron......the technique the CIA used has no relationship with the way pol pot did it....that is a lie you asswipes tell because telling the truth burns you like a cross does a vampire....

3 Congressional Medal of Honor Awardees and two of them were Vietnam POWs who were themselves tortured supporte the waterboarding of terrorists..

Glad we did it 85 times. Hell I'd water board every stinking jihadist we have in custody.

Seems you care more about those stinking jihadists than you do about Americans. Doesn't surprise me at all.

Actually, I do care about Americans, as well as know that waterboarding is not very good for getting actual information out of someone.

We got more and better intel with sugar free cookies than we did with waterboarding.

Actually, I read somewhere that most branches stopped using waterboarding because it was so successful, all of the participants gave up their information. The only group that still uses it....the SEALs.....

Actually, I do care about Americans, as well as know that waterboarding is not very good for getting actual information out of someone.

We got more and better intel with sugar free cookies than we did with waterboarding.

Wrong.......waterboarding breaks them, then you reward them.....Kentucky Fried chicken was the favorite reward meal for sheik mohammed after he broke from the waterboarding....

There is a world of difference the way we waterboard v the way Pol Pot did it.

Really? Please...........do explain the differences that you say are there.
We have actual rules. The person being waterboarded cannot be restrained in an uncomfortable position. Each pour cannot be more than 20 seconds and the number of pours each session are limited. They also have to wait several days between sessions.

You are so full of shit, because you pulled these figures either out of your ass, or some right wing site that agrees with you, because you made a stupid statement of having to wait several days between sessions.

If that is true, then why did we waterboard someone 85 times in one month? Do the math cupcake, that's being waterboarded about 3 times a day, or, once every 8 hours.
If we waterboarded someone 85 times in a month without lasting harm, the person was in danger of dying of boredom. Not to mention that whoever did it without getting information was bad at it. It stopped being torture and became a way to pass the time. Surely the military could find someone with more delicate talent.

ISIS is not part of the Geneva Convention, they behead captives, there are no rules in the war on terror, none.
So we should become like ISIS because that's the only way to preserve freedom?

Ya gotta burn the village in order to save the village, right?

ISIS is not part of the Geneva Convention, they behead captives, there are no rules in the war on terror, none.

So they are animals, you can act like animals....

Way to go... Torture isn't a truly effective way of interrogation, it yields bad info as the person only wants you to stop and doesn't care what the truth is...

Why CIA interrogations report matters: Torture doesn't work and Americans need to know

This is your beloved Fox News telling you....

And that is a talking point that is false...........what you guys never understand is that the CIA understands this....they ask questions they know the answers to at first to teach the subject they can't lie.....then, they verify what the guy tells them....and they hold on to the guy until they verify the information......that way if he lies, they can waterboard him again....

Do you guys actually think about this stuff, or do you just spit out whatever the left wingers say?

Well hell. I bet just about everyone in the intelligence industry looks to Time Magazine for strategic advice and procedures.

We are not becoming like isis....just put on your safety pin and let the grown ups handle the monsters....they drown people in cages, they burn people alive they cut off heads and murder children...

We tilted people back and put water up their nose, and they gave up valuable information, including where bin laden was.....after they were waterboarded they dried off with a towel and had a nice meal.......isis doesn't do that....

You're right..............a face full of water is annoying, but waterboarding isn't quite that. Waterboarding is where you are held down, a rag is stretched across your face, covering your mouth and nose, while someone pours water over your face (which is already smothering because of the rag), for several seconds at a time to simulate drowning. It causes fear because of the feeling of drowning, and in some cases can cause cardiac arrest.

And no.....................being waterboarded IS NOT part of "standard US military training". I came into the Navy back in 1982, and retired in 2002, and not once did I ever hear of anyone being waterboarded in boot camp.

Although, they do waterboard Special Operations types as part of their final training for a VERY short time, and they only do it once or twice as a way to familiarize them with some of the conditions they can expect to endure if they are captured by the enemy. But it is only for those that qualify for things like SEALs, or other elite special operations forces, and only done once or twice for familiarization.

It amazes me how stupid some of you civilians can be about our military. No, Hollywood movies are not documentaries.

It was standard training for all pilots and special forces and for the SERE training program.......Green Berets and SEALs were all waterboarded....as well as all pilots...

"General James "Mad Dog" Mattis, who is being considered for Secretary of Defense, was very impressive yesterday. A true General's General!" - Trump

so it might not be Cotton? CNN is wrong again!
Mattis was fired by obama for criticizing the Iran deal.

Thinking of it like amputation of a gangrenous limb.

Forum List

Back