Climate Change; Can we afford to - not - fix it?

1697035405870.png

What the problem is you agree with them on?

You lost me. You think I'm in favor of government handouts? What have I ever said that makes you believe that?

Maybe you could ask a well formed question so I understand it

You lost me. You think I'm in favor of government handouts? What have I ever said that makes you believe that?

Maybe you could ask a well formed question so I understand it
Go back to your post I asked you off of #22

There has always been extreme weather events (EWE) of all kinds, so it's difficult to point at any one EWE and say it was caused by climate change. But we don't have to prove any single EWE was caused by climate change to know that climate change is costing us ever greater losses. This graph on the NOAA website shows that since 1980 EWE ( described as those events with losses in excess of one billion dollars in inflation adjusted dollars ) have gone from 3 - 6 per year to now where we are having 15 - 20..

We can't say any particular EWE is caused by climate change, but we can say with certainty that we are sustaining 15 - 20 billion ( many are multi-billion) dollar loss events in excess of what we had before the rapid global warming over the last four decades.

Total losses due to Billion Dollar EWE are now more than 2 1/2 Trillion dollars.

When we can no longer afford to repair our infrastructure, or simply can no longer keep up the pace of needed repairs we will wonder why solving
our fossil fuels dependency was resisted at all.

View attachment 833597
There's nothing to fix because nothing is broke

That is where this discussion started.

Ask a well formed question or this discussion is over. I don't see why that's a problem
Merely asked you if you knew the problem they’re trying to solve! If you don’t know it say so. But your quote

“The problem is insurance. I have no problem with what you are saying, but I have a problem with providing low cost taxpayer insurance “

Merely asked you if you knew the problem they’re trying to solve! If you don’t know it say so. But your quote

“The problem is insurance. I have no problem with what you are saying, but I have a problem with providing low cost taxpayer insurance “
Insurance for what?

What "problem?" The cost of insurance being more than people living at the beach wanted to pay? It's a government handout, nothing more. You want to live by the beach? Pay the cost, don't expect taxpayers to give you money.

I would have understood if a leftist were asking me that, but you aren't a leftist so I don't understand what is unclear

There has always been extreme weather events (EWE) of all kinds, so it's difficult to point at any one EWE and say it was caused by climate change. But we don't have to prove any single EWE was caused by climate change to know that climate change is costing us ever greater losses. This graph on the NOAA website shows that since 1980 EWE ( described as those events with losses in excess of one billion dollars in inflation adjusted dollars ) have gone from 3 - 6 per year to now where we are having 15 - 20..

We can't say any particular EWE is caused by climate change, but we can say with certainty that we are sustaining 15 - 20 billion ( many are multi-billion) dollar loss events in excess of what we had before the rapid global warming over the last four decades.

Total losses due to Billion Dollar EWE are now more than 2 1/2 Trillion dollars.

When we can no longer afford to repair our infrastructure, or simply can no longer keep up the pace of needed repairs we will wonder why solving
our fossil fuels dependency was resisted at all.

View attachment 833597

If you can explain to me, with scientific evidence, 4.49 billion years of climate change on this planet before the first human stepped on it.

But they are not the storms are no worse than in the past.
The reality is the storms of the past were far WORSE than anything we have seen in the last 100 years.

The deadly 1862 California flood that wiped out and reshaped the state​

"Californians live with the specter of the Big One, but many don’t realize “The One” may not be an earthquake.
One hundred and sixty years ago, the biggest flood in modern history wiped out California: 4,000 dead, one-third of all property destroyed, a quarter of the state’s 800,000 cattle drowned or starved. California went so utterly bankrupt that its governor, Legislature and state employees didn’t draw a paycheck for 18 months. The newly installed telegraph system fizzled, just the tops of its poles visible under feet of water, and roads were impassable. Eggs cost $3 a dozen (that’s $79 adjusted for inflation, if you thought today’s supply chain issues were bad)."

If you can explain to me, with scientific evidence, 4.49 billion years of climate change on this planet before the first human stepped on it.
I would like to hear from other pilots. Who that got licensed to pilot airplanes accepts the crap sold to us by the Democrats, that evil man is ruining the planet?

I would like to hear from other pilots. Who that got licensed to pilot airplanes accepts the crap sold to us by the Democrats, that evil man is ruining the planet?
neither the world's climate scientists nor the personnel of the IPCC are predominantly democrats. And I have to ask why you think pilots' opinions should be notable in any regard.

Last edited:
Ha ha….bubba, it only matters while man has been on earth. Study evolution….no wonder there are deniers. They never accepted evolution.

Forum List

Back