Climate Change And Fire

What about CO2's definitive link to earthquakes and 'Garfield' movies?

Bu bu bu muh global warming religion

41bjuyqtcc941.png

Where's the relationship?
Wet forests don't catch fire easily.
Remember, these are Australians, it would be pushing it to think they don't originate fires at the same rate every year, yet this year an area the size of Ireland has gone up in smoke.

Some CO2 molecules cause arson, others cause hurricanes. It's complicated, ask Old Rocks or mamooth or Wuwei to explain

flacaltenn, I take offence that you think I'm one of the diehards on climate change catastrophe.

I said many times I don't promote CAGW. If you want to deny CAGW; fine. But some here do it by denying physics. When that happens I will call them on it. The physics says that more CO2 in the atmosphere increases back radiation. There is no other explanation of why Venus is over 800F. It's atmosphere is 96% CO2. However I have never taken a stance on what percentage of CO2 in the earth's atmosphere will be undeniably harmful because there are too many feedbacks, sources, and sinks. I agree, it's complex. I will have a clearer picture when we see what happens perhaps 20 years from now.

Some CO2 molecules cause arson, others cause hurricanes. It's complicated, ask Old Rocks or mamooth or Wuwei to explain

flacaltenn, I take offence that you think I'm one of the diehards on climate change catastrophe.

I said many times I don't promote CAGW. If you want to deny CAGW; fine. But some here do it by denying physics. When that happens I will call them on it. The physics says that more CO2 in the atmosphere increases back radiation. There is no other explanation of why Venus is over 800F. It's atmosphere is 96% CO2. However I have never taken a stance on what percentage of CO2 in the earth's atmosphere will be undeniably harmful because there are too many feedbacks, sources, and sinks. I agree, it's complex. I will have a clearer picture when we see what happens perhaps 20 years from now.

Heck I read the majority of your posts and I cannot be clearer than giving you my full support for your efforts here. It's all GREATLY appreciated... I mean that... The "funny" was only because of the irony that some of the "skeptics" have to EDUCATE the public about the real causes of the Australian fires... Because the real story isn't widely reported.. So it's fair to take a comical swipe at that...

Didn't mean to include you in that "fun"... Don't even remember reading his tags that had your name on it..

I'll do the right thing and go take away Crusader Franks "tagging privileges".... :coffee:

I feel that if there is climate change, then there is nothing we can do to stop that. Could we possible slow it down? Perhaps, but it is certainly not proven that making human beings miserable would have any effect on climate, and I KNOW that more taxes and money will make no difference. So, I would suggest to all of the people who are SO concerned, do your part, spread education about how individuals can make a difference, and leave the government out of it. Governments are prone to corruption!

Besides, if the leftists were as "fearful" of climate change as they claim, then I highly doubt that the richest ones among them would be buying beach front properties, and spending MILLIONS on them. Lol. Let's use our common sense please!

I'll do the right thing and go take away Crusader Franks "tagging privileges".... :coffee:

Hi Flac! Long time, no see! :) I am so happy to see you haven't lost your sense of humor!

I feel that if there is climate change, then there is nothing we can do to stop that. Could we possible slow it down? Perhaps, but it is certainly not proven that making human beings miserable would have any effect on climate, and I KNOW that more taxes and money will make no difference. So, I would suggest to all of the people who are SO concerned, do your part, spread education about how individuals can make a difference, and leave the government out of it. Governments are prone to corruption!

Besides, if the leftists were as "fearful" of climate change as they claim, then I highly doubt that the richest ones among them would be buying beach front properties, and spending MILLIONS on them. Lol. Let's use our common sense please!

There''s great irony in the truth that Climate Change panic about CURRENT events or even the CATASTROPHIC version of the future --- ALL that actually freezes our ability to FIX current enviro problems.. Plenty of examples here..

1) A 1degC change in surface temp has NOT shifted the climate enough to be the primary cause of forest fires...Invasive species, poor forest management, and urban build out ARE the main problems to fix...

2) Putting NYCity underwater only comes from exaggerated reports about ALL of Antarctic ice melting.. Not bloody likely.. BUT -- it was only about 8 years now that explorers down there started discovering and mapping a wide ranging set of ACTIVE volcanic rifts under the part of the Antarctic (WestAntIceSheet or WAIS) that IS a concern... Imagine the irony if we spent TRILLIONS on CO2 mitigation and lost TRILLIONS of economic development only to have that ice melt and flood the world from VOLCANIC activitiy....

3) The oceans have a LOT of issues.. They are NOT all GW related.. And for decades now, these issues are largely in the background noise because the media and leadership just screams CC memes as tho all other enviro issues don't matter....

It's all very ironic, that using the simple "protest chants" and memes about GW --- we've HOBBLED real enviro issues for DECADES (see forest mgt and wildfires for example).....

There''s great irony in the truth that Climate Change panic about CURRENT events or even the CATASTROPHIC version of the future --- ALL that actually freezes our ability to FIX current enviro problems.. Plenty of examples here..

1) A 1degC change in surface temp has NOT shifted the climate enough to be the primary cause of forest fires...Invasive species, poor forest management, and urban build out ARE the main problems to fix...

2) Putting NYCity underwater only comes from exaggerated reports about ALL of Antarctic ice melting.. Not bloody likely.. BUT -- it was only about 8 years now that explorers down there started discovering and mapping a wide ranging set of ACTIVE volcanic rifts under the part of the Antarctic (WestAntIceSheet or WAIS) that IS a concern... Imagine the irony if we spent TRILLIONS on CO2 mitigation and lost TRILLIONS of economic development only to have that ice melt and flood the world from VOLCANIC activitiy....

3) The oceans have a LOT of issues.. They are NOT all GW related.. And for decades now, these issues are largely in the background noise because the media and leadership just screams CC memes as tho all other enviro issues don't matter....

It's all very ironic, that using the simple "protest chants" and memes about GW --- we've HOBBLED real enviro issues for DECADES (see forest mgt and wildfires for example).....

Really. IF they were so concerned about the environment, they would quit building houses and malls everywhere. There are hardly no woods left at all in my town. It is all "developed" now. It is very depressing.

I think cleaning up the oceans would be a heck of a lot easier than reversing climate change. You are right, with the left's hysteria, all other important environmental issues seem to have been forgotten.

Really. IF they were so concerned about the environment, they would quit building houses and malls everywhere. There are hardly no woods left at all in my town. It is all "developed" now. It is very depressing.

PGE in Cali is now circling the bankruptcy drain because the State of Cali REQUIRED them to waste so much money on wind/solar rather than keeping their distribution system safe.... It's a just a whisper after the fact that we discover the CAUSE of many recent Cali fires to be monsterous bad state mgt of public utilities....

And urban build-out at the fringe of the major forest IS a factor.. Because bringing power to those areas will be tricky to do in the Sierras or the foothills... Especially if you're FORCING the public utility to waste the bulk of their money elsewhere..

It's also because leftists don't generally accept "forest mgt" to be even a real thing.. The concept of "virginity" and roadless wilderness comes with a lot of risks... Especially if you're allowing growth and development at the same time on the fringes of those areas...

Where's the relationship?
Wet forests don't catch fire easily.
Remember, these are Australians, it would be pushing it to think they don't originate fires at the same rate every year, yet this year an area the size of Ireland has gone up in smoke.

Australia is naturally a DRY nation, about 35% of the country is a DESERT!

Australian Government website

"Apart from Antarctica, Australia is the driest continent in the world. About 35 per cent of the continent receives so little rain, it is effectively desert. In total, 70 per cent of the mainland receives less than 500 millimetres of rain annually, which classes it as arid, or semi-arid.

Australia's deserts, listed below, are distributed throughout the western plateau and interior lowlands. The total desert area equates to 18 per cent of the total mainland area of Australia."

LINK

The horrible fires are caused by the following, Arson, Weather, 2 year drought, with a climate change of an increasingly WETTER trend in the last 50 years, and CO2 enrichment building up more vegetation.

australia-rainfall-1900-2019.png

I have talked about it HERE

PGE in Cali is now circling the bankruptcy drain because the State of Cali REQUIRED them to waste so much money on wind/solar rather than keeping their distribution system safe.... It's a just a whisper after the fact that we discover the CAUSE of many recent Cali fires to be monsterous bad state mgt of public utilities....

And urban build-out at the fringe of the major forest IS a factor.. Because bringing power to those areas will be tricky to do in the Sierras or the foothills... Especially if you're FORCING the public utility to waste the bulk of their money elsewhere..

It's also because leftists don't generally accept "forest mgt" to be even a real thing.. The concept of "virginity" and roadless wilderness comes with a lot of risks... Especially if you're allowing growth and development at the same time on the fringes of those areas...

PG&E shares were trading north of $80 a share even with the renewable mandate ... that's mean healthy profits when buying these renewables ... there's always been plenty of money to do the maintenance and repairs all along ... the money was sent out as dividend payments instead ... profit before people ... you are absolutely wrong to say BPA power is a waste of money, that's dirt cheap electricity, cheapest in the nation ... 80 years old and just getting broken in, that carbon load gets amortized over centuries ...

Running power lines through the forest is a bad idea ... and that is a problem with California regulations ... too many people with too much money who like playing with matches ... north Santa Barbara county is wildfire country, but with enough bribes and kickbacks, we can get a building permit ... so even good regulations can be bought out ...

California is paying the costs today of sins committed 50 years ago ... I don't need to repeat how decades of fire suppression allowed fuel loads to build up, there's no forest management that can change that except to stop suppressing fires going forward ... the question is why today's forest management is causing wildfires ...

OCO the fire CO2 molecule

OCO the flood and hurricanes CO2 molecule

The O's switched sides

Your Venus "explanation" is just WRONG! The atmospheric pressure raises temperature not the All powerful CO2 molecule.

If it worked - at all - as the AGE cult proports, you'd be able to show us countless repeatable lab experiments linking the 120PPM increase in CO2 to temperature, but you don't, because you can't because a wisp of CO2 will not raise temperature

Also, is it your contention that Earth would have a 900F Surface temperature in a 100% CO2 atmosphere? Really?

We have to separate the difference between most pollution and climate change.

Forum List

Back