Churches will have to return to meeting in secret

According to Christian theology, Christ began building his church after his crucifixion.
Etymology of the word ecclesia (church) is assembly. Remember, during is life time people assembled around Christ. Those who assembled around Christ during his life, continued to assemble after the crucifixion. At some point Christians began to build places for these assemblies, i.e. churches.
Buildings dedicated to Christian worship first appeared about the middle of the third century.

John the Baptist had disciples, too. Maybe the church started with him. Ecclesia is not just an assembly; it's an assembly of those called out.

The kingdom of God arrived during Christ's ministry, which he declared repeatedly in the present tense. In that ministry, he said "I will build my church" (future simple tense).

Buildings dedicated to Christian worship first appeared about the middle of the third century.

John the Baptist had disciples, too. Maybe the church started with him. Ecclesia is not just an assembly; it's an assembly of those called out.

The kingdom of God arrived during Christ's ministry, which he declared repeatedly in the present tense. In that ministry, he said "I will build my church" (future simple tense).
Yes. I am merely pointing out the word "Church" did not exist in the time of Christ. Jesus most likely used the Aramaic word which signified an assembly that worships God. A more accurate translation might be, "I will assemble the people to worship God."

Grin. Don't mind me--I am an etymology buff.

One does not need a church to have a relationship with God.
But we ARE instructed to meet with each other. Yes, you CAN be a Christian in isolation, but it's a whole lot better to be in a group.
I am sure it is yet God has proven he has no cures for those that attend church in mass and get sick and die, nor does he bear the cost of the illness that the pandemic has created.
That is because the god of this world, your god, Satan is who brought illness, sickness, death, war, famine and pestilence in to this world.

Christians are occupying enemy territory when they accept Christ.

Lucifer, now Satan, took over possession of The Earth, when the literal or metaphorical Adam and Eve forfeited their lordship over The Earth in The Garden of Eden when tempted by Lucifer-Satan to eat of the Fruit of The Knowledge of Good and Evil.

So you see, God allows illness, but He never introduced it. Your god Lucifer did.

Christ won back possession of The Earth at the crucifixion, for The Race of Adam who had lost it, when He came to Earth as The Second Adam to pay for The 1st Adam's sins, but He does not take Possession of The Earth and establish His Kingdom and restore The Earth until after The 7 Year Tribulation, and Battle of Armageddon where He crushes Evil and throws Satan, The AntiChrist and False Prophet in to Hell.

Last edited:

The early church history was meeting in secret at the homes of Christians. This was done due to the persecution that came their way, as Christians were routinely thrown to the lions.

But today it seems we are returning to this level of persecution, so perhaps Christians need to begin meeting in secret again.

As for Canada, as churches are closed down by the state, they either meet in secret now illegally or give up their right to fellowship with each other.

The choice is theirs.
haha, another "I got confused somewhere along the way and now think not getting special treatment is oppression" whinefest by religious folks.

Satan is who brought illness, sickness, death, war, famine and pestilence in to this world

And we should thank him for it. Without death and disease, our species, in fact no species on Earth, would have been able to evolve.

Why did Christ set up the church?
When did Christ set up the church and tell everyone being gay is the worst offense known to humans? Christ had a ministry that traveled.
Matthew 16:18 18 And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it.

I'd say it's safe to say we can add Moonglow to the list of what won't overcome the church.
liberals hate choice...if you choose to go to church, or choose own a gun, or choose to watch fox they will hate your guts forever...they hate choice

The early church history was meeting in secret at the homes of Christians. This was done due to the persecution that came their way, as Christians were routinely thrown to the lions.

But today it seems we are returning to this level of persecution, so perhaps Christians need to begin meeting in secret again.

As for Canada, as churches are closed down by the state, they either meet in secret now illegally or give up their right to fellowship with each other.

The choice is theirs.

LOL How stupid..

Why did Christ set up the church?
When did Christ set up the church and tell everyone being gay is the worst offense known to humans? Christ had a ministry that traveled.
Matthew 16:18 18 And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it.

I'd say it's safe to say we can add Moonglow to the list of what won't overcome the church.
A church is a building with no spirit, the Bible speaks of the church as the body of its members.

You don't have to have a dedicated building to be a church or have services.

Easy now...I side with Conservatives, I vote with Conservatives BUT they are the most nutless, spinless, big mouth pieces of shit that ever were. Come on man...they didn’t have the balls to keep heterosexual white Christians cool in a nation founded, built, run and funded by heterosexual white Christians. The Left has owned their sackless asses for decades....Sad but true.

Forum List

Back