Churches will have to return to meeting in secret

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012

The early church history was meeting in secret at the homes of Christians. This was done due to the persecution that came their way, as Christians were routinely thrown to the lions.

But today it seems we are returning to this level of persecution, so perhaps Christians need to begin meeting in secret again.

As for Canada, as churches are closed down by the state, they either meet in secret now illegally or give up their right to fellowship with each other.

The choice is theirs.

The early church history was meeting in secret at the homes of Christians. This was done due to the persecution that came their way, as Christians were routinely thrown to the lions.

But today it seems we are returning to this level of persecution, so perhaps Christians need to begin meeting in secret again.

As for Canada, as churches are closed down by the state, they either meet in secret now illegally or give up their right to fellowship with each other.

The choice is theirs.
Catacombs are nice and cozy places to meet.

The choice is theirs.
Is it even possible to meet in secret now with the technology we have?

And people have all been turned into snitches. Notice how many kids turned their parents in who went to Washington to protest.

My lion is hungry!

image-20161026-11265-1pikoh7.jpg

The choice is theirs.
Is it even possible to meet in secret now with the technology we have?

And people have all been turned into snitches. Notice how many kids turned their parents in who went to Washington to protest.
Lol. Guess that is why some mammals eat their young. Too bad humans never adopted that instinct.

One does not need a church to have a relationship with God.
Why did Christ set up the church?
When did Christ set up the church and tell everyone being gay is the worst offense known to humans? Christ had a ministry that traveled.
Matthew 16:18 18 And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it.

I'd say it's safe to say we can add Moonglow to the list of what won't overcome the church.

When did Christ set up the church and tell everyone being gay is the worst offense known to humans? Christ had a ministry that traveled.
Matthew 16:18 18 And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it.

I'd say it's safe to say we can add Moonglow to the list of what won't overcome the church.
A church is a building with no spirit, the Bible speaks of the church as the body of its members.

A church is a building with no spirit, the Bible speaks of the church as the body of its members.
A church CAN be only a building with no spirit.

Do you think Christ was talking about such a church?

I don't.

A church CAN be only a building with no spirit.

Do you think Christ was talking about such a church?

I don't.
What the church means in the bible and what you think it means is two seperate literary exemplifications.

Forum List

Back