Christ and the Old Testament Commandments

Steven_R

Tommy Vercetti Fan Club
Jul 17, 2013
Something that has been troubling me is the whole Old Commandments and whether or not it is necessary to follow them if one is a Christian. Specifically the argument that is troubling me is that there are certain non-Ten Commandments that can be ignored (dietary laws, circumcision, clothing, temple hierarchy, etc.) but others must be slavishly followed, namely homosexuality and slavery.

Who gets to make the determination which ones are to be followed and which ones don't? If Jesus said he has fulfilled the law and the old laws are no longer valid, why do some Christians go on about homosexuality being against God's law? If it's man's call (the Pope or Peter or Paul or whoever), they why is man's call which of God's laws get followed and which get ignored?

They have always just ignored the parts they don't like, prefering to keep only the parts that they think justify their hatred.

How Christ Fulfilled and Ended the Old Testament Regime | Desiring God

....but others must be slavishly followed, namely homosexuality and slavery.

I don't know why you'd bring up "slavery" but homosexuality goes completely against God's plan for mankind. The "gay lifestyle" is clearly immoral and "gay marriage" is a travesty as Christ defined marriage as being between one man and one woman.

There are plenty of God's laws being broken in modern society but homosexuality, abortion and adultery are having the most far-reaching and negative effects on humankind.

New Topics

Forum List

Back