Chris Wallace Faces Intense Backlash, Including From Colleagues, Over Bias During Debate

Billiejeens

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2019
Fox News host Chris Wallace, a registered Democrat, faced intense backlash on Tuesday night for what was widely deemed as bias in the debate in the favor of Democrat Joe Biden and against Republican President Donald Trump.

One of the issues that Wallace was called out for the most was how he appeared to let Biden interrupt Trump but would jump in to interrupt Trump when Trump would talk over Biden.

BJ -
Most objective people knew going in that Wallace is a never trumper who would do what he did.
No one should have been shocked.

2D1B8DD5-109D-4333-8264-10F2205B7BA3.jpeg

No one should have been shocked.
No, not shocked. Disappointed.

He may have thought he was doing ole Joe a favor, but I think the people could see how weak it made him. Wallace is just a small part of the problem. The fake news is everywhere, and it simply will not let people get a clear picture of what's what, unless they have been heavily focused all along. Most people are not.

Trump would not let Biden complete a sentence
Biden was tap-dancing and would not answer the questions.
So that "debate" devolved into a talking point shouting match.

I was a little surprised that the President came out so combative, might have been better to wait and see if Biden could finish a sentence with an actual logical ending a couple of times before interrupting.

let Trump be Trump - for sure
Also let Biden be Biden.

Some observations:

I don't particularly like Chris Wallace, but he is no leftist, as far as I can tell.

It seemed like Trump would interrupt Joe while Joe was about to make a huge mistake and say something really stupid, and Chris would try to keep Trump from stopping Joe from gaffing.

At the same time, Wallace appeared to be doing his best to prevent an outright slaughter on the police/law and order issue.

Wallace talked about "climate change" as if it were a fact/"settled science" and expected Trump to accept that framing.

Wallace didn't give Trump a fair shot to actually condemn any alleged white supremacist organizations, as if it were factual that Trump would not condemn such groups.

Wallace did allow both to throw around accusations at each other.

The entire thing was a chimp pooh-flinging contest.

Yeah, and each time that Trump jumped on Biden ---it was to correct Biden from telling one blatant lie after another about trump. Trump effectively stopped Biden from doing lib commercial talking points using just made up lies about Trump. Trump won................even though Joe was lucid. Facts matter and the libs still can't grasp this concept.

I was a little surprised that the President came out so combative, might have been better to wait and see if Biden could finish a sentence with an actual logical ending a couple of times before interrupting.

let Trump be Trump - for sure
Also let Biden be Biden.
Meh. Trump needs to be more "presidential" and at least act as if he has character and poise.
Biden would not answer the questions for fear of upsetting the progs.
Trump could have won the debate on points, but chose to beat the crap out of old tired Biden.

Yeah, and each time that Trump jumped on Biden ---it was to correct Biden from telling one blatant lie after another about trump. Trump effectively stopped Biden from doing lib commercial talking points using just made up lies about Trump. Trump won................even though Joe was lucid. Facts matter and the libs still can't grasp this concept.
I agree that Biden was lying his ass off.
But calling out Biden's lies was Wallace's job, Trump should have let Wallace question Biden instead of being obnoxious.

But calling out Biden's lies was Wallace's job, Trump should have let Wallace question Biden instead of being obnoxious.

There's an issue there.
The President knew that Wallace had no intention of doing that.

There's an issue there.
If there is no real time "fact checking" then both men will just lie their asses off.

There's an issue there.
If there is no real time "fact checking" then both men will just lie their asses off.
The Dr. Sardonicus look of Biden and other Progs is growing old. The snicker, put me downs and dismissal of people is their trademark. How he acted towards Trump is how he acts towards people who disagree with him in any way.

Someone needed to fact-check Wallace.

One incident that convinced me he favored Biden was when he claimed that in 2018, five states allowed mail-in ballots, completely ignoring the distinction Trump made between mail-in ballots and solicited ballots.

Before this year, I had never heard of states mailing out ballots en masse to their citizens. Wallace is not only biased, but he's stupid.

So that's the Trump cult official excuse for losing so badly. "WAAAAAA! THE WILDLY RIGHT-WING FOX NEWS MODERATOR WAS REALLY BIASED FOR THE DEMOCRAT!".

That's yet another reason why it's good be a Democrat. Winners don't have to whimper out butthurt excuses for losing that make them look craven and crazy.

When one candidate is out of control and one candidate is upsetting the proceedings

Telling THAT candidate to knock it off is not bias

So that's the Trump cult official excuse for losing so badly. "WAAAAAA! THE WILDLY RIGHT-WING FOX NEWS MODERATOR WAS REALLY BIASED FOR THE DEMOCRAT!".

That's yet another reason why it's good be a Democrat. Winners don't have to whimper out butthurt excuses for losing that make them look craven and crazy.
Trump did a poor job of taking Chris Wallace's false left-wing talking-point questions and correcting the frame. That's on Trump. Debate 101 is correcting the frame.

Every question Chris Wallace asked should have been corrected by Trump.

Trump cannot expect anyone to correctly frame the issues. That's because only the jackasses get to moderate.

Of course Trump is going to be fighting with the moderator. All the moderators are going to incorrectly framed the issues toward the left wing talking points. He better get used to that and start dealing with the frame or he will continue to look unprepared and disjointed.

Forum List

Back