Chris Christie - Trump Can’t Win

Mr. Christie said the midterms were an actual change point in the history of the party: that its central struggle can no longer be avoided. That struggle is how and why to put Mr. Trump in the rearview mirror. …​

The strongest argument: Mr. Trump can’t win, and if you truly seek to win you must disengage from him.​

“This is a baseball country,” Mr. Christie said. “It’s always three strikes and you’re out.” Mr. Trump struck out in 2018, 2020 and 2022. He never came close to a plurality of the popular vote. When Mr. Christie ended his tenure as chairman of the RGA, in 2014, there were 31 Republican governors. Next year there will be 26. The reason, he said, is that Mr. Trump weighs the party down and picks candidates based not on issues or electability but personal loyalty. It is an electoral narcissism that is killing the party.​

Three strikes and you’re out. Trump’s a loser! Time to move on.
Christie is right. There is NO candidate that can motivate the Dems more than trump. And Independents are NOT going to vote for a criminal or prospective criminal in the White House.

I DO NOT WANT A MAN WHO TREATS OUR COUNTRY'S SECRETS LIKE TOILET PAPER IN THE WHITE HOUSE.

Mr. Christie said the midterms were an actual change point in the history of the party: that its central struggle can no longer be avoided. That struggle is how and why to put Mr. Trump in the rearview mirror. …​

The strongest argument: Mr. Trump can’t win, and if you truly seek to win you must disengage from him.​

“This is a baseball country,” Mr. Christie said. “It’s always three strikes and you’re out.” Mr. Trump struck out in 2018, 2020 and 2022. He never came close to a plurality of the popular vote. When Mr. Christie ended his tenure as chairman of the RGA, in 2014, there were 31 Republican governors. Next year there will be 26. The reason, he said, is that Mr. Trump weighs the party down and picks candidates based not on issues or electability but personal loyalty. It is an electoral narcissism that is killing the party.​

Christie telling it like it is!

Christie is right. There is NO candidate that can motivate the Dems more than trump. And Independents are NOT going to vote for a criminal or prospective criminal in the White House.

I DO NOT WANT A MAN WHO TREATS OUR COUNTRY'S SECRETS LIKE TOILET PAPER IN THE WHITE HOUSE.

I recall during the fake toilet paper shortage people would store excess toilet paper in their garage.

I dunno. If they can successfully sell the idea that Dems are on a witch hunt, I see a lot of independents tilting toward Trump. Or at least not voting for Dems. It's not like Democrats are doing much to counter the witch hunt accusations.

At the end of the day, anyone who votes for Trump or Biden is basically fucking their country.

I dunno. If they can successfully sell the idea that Dems are on a witch hunt, I see a lot of independents tilting toward Trump. Or at least not voting for Dems. It's not like Democrats are doing much to counter the witch hunt accusations.

At the end of the day, anyone who votes for Trump or Biden is basically fucking their country.
Trump is like a broken record
Everything is a witch-hunt

A witch-hunt implies there is no evidence.
The trials will bring out tons of evidence and testimony of those who were there

Trump is like a broken record
Everything is a witch-hunt

A witch-hunt implies there is no evidence.
The trials will bring out tons of evidence and testimony of those who were there
Maybe. But I still think lots of independents, and most all Republicans, will see it that way. It's certainly not going to be the disqualification Democrats are hoping for.

The problem for the Republicans is that on one else can either!

Keeping them in a garage next to his most prized possession or in an unlocked storage room, in a building just about owned by the Chinese through 'charitable donations' is okay then?

Maybe. But I still think lots of independents, and most all Republicans, will see it that way. It's certainly not going to be the disqualification Democrats are hoping for.
I think moderates and independents have had their fill of Trump. Constant drama

These trials will bring a daily reminder of what Trump brings

Trump brought it on himself

Keeping them in a garage next to his most prized possession or in an unlocked storage room, in a building just about owned by the Chinese through 'charitable donations' is okay then?

Wrong is wrong. Illegal is illegal.

I think moderates and independents have had their fill of Trump. Constant drama
I think they've had their fill of Democrats too, which is a problem. For Democrats.

Dems need to invest their energy in finding a candidate who can unite the country. If they did that, they'd sweep the election and put Trump in his place. But they don't seem to have much interest in that approach. Stay the course!

They truthfully look at the state of the nation and Biden's track record/mental decay.......it's a no brainier....no pun intended.
58% say they still support Trump.

NPR/PBS NewsHour/Marist poll.

Forum List

Back