China: Police arrest Christians participating in Zoom Easter worship service

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
Several members of China’s heavily persecuted Early Rain Covenant Church were arrested by communist authorities for participating in an online Easter worship service on Zoom and ordered to cease all religious activity.

Persecution watchdog group International Christian Concern reports that the Christians were participating in a Zoom worship service from their homes on Easter Sunday when six leaders were arrested and detained by the Public Security Bureau.

The 5,000-member Sichuan house church, led by pastor Wang Yi, has not been able to gather in person since the communist regime shut down the church in 2018 and arrested their pastor and other leaders. Since then, it has opted to gather online.

A member of ERCC told ICC, “At that time I was also in the Zoom call, but there was a long period of time where I did not hear a thing. I thought it’s the network connection issue at first, but I soon heard a quarrel erupt. Our co-worker Wang Jun was questioning some people, [saying], ‘Who are you to do this [to us]?’”

This does not help China at all.

Several members of China’s heavily persecuted Early Rain Covenant Church were arrested by communist authorities for participating in an online Easter worship service on Zoom and ordered to cease all religious activity.

Persecution watchdog group International Christian Concern reports that the Christians were participating in a Zoom worship service from their homes on Easter Sunday when six leaders were arrested and detained by the Public Security Bureau.

The 5,000-member Sichuan house church, led by pastor Wang Yi, has not been able to gather in person since the communist regime shut down the church in 2018 and arrested their pastor and other leaders. Since then, it has opted to gather online.

A member of ERCC told ICC, “At that time I was also in the Zoom call, but there was a long period of time where I did not hear a thing. I thought it’s the network connection issue at first, but I soon heard a quarrel erupt. Our co-worker Wang Jun was questioning some people, [saying], ‘Who are you to do this [to us]?’”

Actually it gives godless Christian hating libs in America another reason to defend china

Sheesh. I hope it doesn't give our elected ones any ideas. They're already thinning out the jails in order to make room for the Pastors.

It has nothing to do with Christianity. China doesn't like Zoom. If they would have used Skype none of this would have happened.

A real Pope would call for a worldwide boycott of everything Made in China

It has nothing to do with Christianity. China doesn't like Zoom. If they would have used Skype none of this would have happened.

I don't like Zoom either. Is this all I have to do to make it go away?

Commies have only one God;

SATAN

hqdefault.jpg

On the other hand, Chinese have yet to have a government they won't fight against. They fought each and every single government existed in the past 1000 years without exception, especial in the name of religion. Which comes first, egg or chicken.

The foundation of Red China is endorsed by Chinese in majority back then. They overthrew the ROC government of which both the president Chiang and his wife the first lady are Christians. It is the Chinese in majority which decided to give up Christianity and to worship communism. Again, which comes first, egg or chicken.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back