China continues its persecution and execution of Christians, but no one talks about it

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
This heartbreaking narrative is regularly ignored by the Marxist-Atheist media, while village atheists ridicule and laugh at the whole topic.

That doesn't make it any less real.

China's new law: Christian persecution worst since Mao's Cultural Revolution

Reggie, please tell the world about the terrible suffering of Christians in China. There has been a harsh revision of the regulations regarding religions in China, and the Chinese government has since tightened up its controls in all religions, including Christians.

Foreigners look at Shanghai and are impressed with the wealth and apparent modernity of China. But they don’t see the terrible atrocities committed in the “reeducation camps” in Xinjiang, among the Uyghur Muslims. And they don’t see how the Christians are being persecuted as well.

As an attorney in China, I worked closely in the court system. The Chinese court system is not an independent branch of the government, like the American court system. There is no separation of powers in China. The Chinese courts are controlled by the government. They are designed to execute national policy, not justice.

In the courts, I was told that Christianity was the “opium of the people,” designed to pollute Chinese minds and overturn the Communist government. The Chinese government and its court system regard Christianity as a threat, an enemy, because Communism is atheistic, and they believe that Christianity will make the country unstable. They want Christianity to stay small.

This is true of all religions. The CCP also heavily persecutes Tibetan Buddhists, Uyghur Muslims and Falun Gong practitioners. Anyone who worships a divine being is the enemy of the Chinese Communist Party.

When the CCP arrests a pastor, the criminal charge is that he is a “traitor” who is “threatening national security.” These pastors have no right to legal representation. If they have someone brave enough to be their lawyer, the pastor can be beaten up before seeing that lawyer. And their attorney can be beaten as well.

Though some are real Christians, many pastors of the official, registered churches are not believers. They are government workers, paid by the government. This is one reason that many Christians choose not to go to the Three-Self, officially registered churches.

“Three-Self” is a characteristically Chinese way of abbreviating “self-governance, self-support, self-propagation.” For example, Catholic believers in China are not allowed to accept the leadership of pope. Chinese churches can have no relationships with churches outside of China. They cannot receive foreign funding, teaching or leadership.

There are two huge changes in the law regarding religious practice in China.

First, the new law greatly expands the government departments that can persecute religious believers. Under the previous law, only the Religious Affairs Bureau would enforce religious restrictions. Under the new law, every layer of government can regulate religious affairs. The fact that there are so many more officials cracking down on unregistered churches puts tremendous pressure on the members of those churches. As part of President Xi’s crackdown, Chinese Christians are facing the most persecutions since the Cultural Revolution in the 1960s.

I know of an incident in which some Chinese Christian missionaries went to a Christian conference. This was November 2018, in Thailand. Chinese Communist spies also went to this conference and secretly recorded the attendees. Many of the missionaries were arrested upon their return to China.

Friends of mine were watching a documentary regarding Tiananmen Square in their own living room in Shenzhen, a city in Guangdong province. They were arrested and remain under surveillance.

Second, the new law makes informal gatherings clearly illegal. The churches have no freedom of assembly. If a group of believers gathers to pray, and they are not registered, the new law makes this gathering strictly forbidden. Before, such gatherings were strongly discouraged, but not technically illegal.

Under this new law, the house churches in my area have been forced to make an impossible choice. Either they must dissolve, if they refuse to register; or, they must register with the government. Those who register are concerned about surveillance of the church and its members. In addition, their sermons and teachings will be monitored. Believers are also worried that the church’s tithes and offerings could be confiscated by the government, and that their land lines may be monitored by the Chinese equivalent of the CIA.

Being the member of a house church in China is dangerous. Most of the members of underground churches in my area are young. Today, I would not have the freedom to be a Christian in China. If I were to lead a women’s prayer meeting in my own living room, I could get arrested and face criminal charges as well as a heavy fine. I could be jailed, tortured and killed before trial. If I made it to trial, the trial would not be fair, because the purpose of the court system is to advance national policy, such as to keep Christianity from spreading.

In a remote area, cadres took down religious images and replaced them with pictures of [President] Xi Jinping. The Chinese Communist Party does not want you to believe in God, but in the Party. Xi Jinping is like Chairman Mao, centralizing power into his own hands. He has changed the Chinese constitution to remove term limits. He will be dictator for life!

Some brave underground churches continue to meet secretly. They have to sing their hymns very quietly to avoid detection. Many churches, once discovered, are kicked out by the landlord and have to move from place to place every week.

The Chinese government does not like evangelists. I know a traveling preacher who disappeared in 2004-5.

The China/Vatican deal has been a terrible thing for Chinese Catholics. Perhaps the Vatican does not know how Catholics have been jailed and tortured for their faith. The Chinese government has been inhumane to religious believers, including Catholics.

Reggie, please tell the world about the suffering of Christians in China. They are discouraged and afraid. Can you help us? Can you pray for us?

The Turkish government is also hostile to Christianity and repeatedly tries to gin up a public campaign against them.

Turkish Document Leak Reveals Campaign Against Christians | Persecution

10/02/2019 Turkey (International Christian Concern) – Confidential documents obtained by the Nordic Monitor, an NGO which monitors radical extremist trends, show that Turkey’s National Security Council (MEK) had created a plan to fabricate a threat posed by Christians as part of social engineering.

The documents show that the legal activities of Christians, including Catholics, Orthodox, and Protestants, are viewed as a security threat to the “sustainability and viability of the Turkish state.” The document includes policy recommendations for increasing pressure on Christians and identifies 54 evangelists as active in Turkey. The documents confirm that Turkey has profiled several Christian groups in country and abroad, and has proposed measures intended to halt their work. All government agencies, ranging from the military to the police, were instructed to take these measures.

Turkey has increased the persecution of Christians following the failed coup attempt in 2016. Although the constitution says that the country is secular, it also protects the concept of Turkishness, which says that all true Turks are Muslim. As a result, Turkey’s history shows oscillation between the extremes of secularism and Islamism, both of which create serious challenges for Christians. The failed coup attempt three years ago marked a more intense swing towards Islamic nationalism.​

The Impossible Future of Christians in the Middle East

Evan had been injured by an explosion near a U.S. Army base in Mosul in 2004. Catrin worried about him driving back and forth to the base along highways that cross some of the most contested land in Iraq. Even after he stopped working for the military, they feared he might be a victim of violence. That fear was compounded by their faith: During the war years, insurgents consistently targeted Christian towns and churches in a campaign of terror.

The Almakos had watched neighbors and friends wrestle with the same question: stay, or go? Now more and more Christians in the region were deciding to leave. The graph of the religion’s decline in the Middle East has in recent years transformed from a steady downward slope into a cliff. The numbers in Iraq are especially stark: Before the American invasion, as many as 1.4 million Christians lived in the country. Today, fewer than 250,000 remain—an 80 percent drop in less than two decades.

The Almakos resolved to go. They spent their remaining time in Karamles agonizing over what to bring with them, and what to leave behind. “You don’t know what you’re going to take,” Evan told me. “You have to discuss a lot of things: that one important, that one not important.” In the end, choosing among their possessions proved too difficult. They decided to leave nearly every keepsake and heirloom, including boxes of pictures of their family and of their two young children, Ayoob, then 12, and Sofya, 10. Catrin insisted on taking one sentimental item, a small cloth weaving of Jesus made in Italy.​

a02ab608c.jpg

SCHILLING: Nigerian Christians Are Being Persecuted — The US Should Help
In just one six-month period in 2018, the Christian Association of Nigeria estimates that 6,000 Christians were murdered in the region. The NGO Humanitarian Aid Relief Trust (HART) has described the killings as filling all the criteria of a genocide. And yet the Nigerian government, under President Buhari, has done absolutely nothing to prevent or even deter the killings. Buhari is also a Muslim Fulani, and his fellow Fulanis represented a critical voting bloc that helped him emerge victorious in his recent re-election campaign that was marred by overwhelming evidence of voter intimidation and vote tampering.​

Nigeria: Priest says persecution of Christians part of President’s plan for “Islamization of Nigeria”

Christian persecution in Muslim countries is rooted in Islamic supremacist hate and intolerance of pluralism; it is also rooted in Islamic doctrine, which divides the world into the House of War (Dar al Harb) and the House of Islam. In normative Islam, it is the duty of Muslims to force disbelievers (the House of War) to become believers or accept the hegemony of Islamic law (the House of Islam) as a primary duty. If infidels refuse to become Muslims, then they are relegated to the inferior status of dhimmitude, and face a range of abuses.

In Nigeria, where the persecution of Christians is at alarming levels, local prelates have issued a warning:

The ongoing slaughter of Christians in Nigeria is part of a “hidden agenda” to convert the nation to Islam, an agenda that reaches to the highest echelons of the nation’s leadership. Father Valentine Obinna, a priest of the Aba diocese in Nigeria, told the online Catholic news outlet Crux that the recent murders of priests and other Christians are not isolated events but are tied to a long-term program of the “Islamization of Nigeria.”

Islamization does not stop in Nigeria. It is the plan for the world, in accordance with normative Islam.​

This heartbreaking narrative is regularly ignored by the Marxist-Atheist media, while village atheists ridicule and laugh at the whole topic.

That doesn't make it any less real.

China's new law: Christian persecution worst since Mao's Cultural Revolution

Reggie, please tell the world about the terrible suffering of Christians in China. There has been a harsh revision of the regulations regarding religions in China, and the Chinese government has since tightened up its controls in all religions, including Christians.

Foreigners look at Shanghai and are impressed with the wealth and apparent modernity of China. But they don’t see the terrible atrocities committed in the “reeducation camps” in Xinjiang, among the Uyghur Muslims. And they don’t see how the Christians are being persecuted as well.

As an attorney in China, I worked closely in the court system. The Chinese court system is not an independent branch of the government, like the American court system. There is no separation of powers in China. The Chinese courts are controlled by the government. They are designed to execute national policy, not justice.

In the courts, I was told that Christianity was the “opium of the people,” designed to pollute Chinese minds and overturn the Communist government. The Chinese government and its court system regard Christianity as a threat, an enemy, because Communism is atheistic, and they believe that Christianity will make the country unstable. They want Christianity to stay small.

This is true of all religions. The CCP also heavily persecutes Tibetan Buddhists, Uyghur Muslims and Falun Gong practitioners. Anyone who worships a divine being is the enemy of the Chinese Communist Party.

When the CCP arrests a pastor, the criminal charge is that he is a “traitor” who is “threatening national security.” These pastors have no right to legal representation. If they have someone brave enough to be their lawyer, the pastor can be beaten up before seeing that lawyer. And their attorney can be beaten as well.

Though some are real Christians, many pastors of the official, registered churches are not believers. They are government workers, paid by the government. This is one reason that many Christians choose not to go to the Three-Self, officially registered churches.

“Three-Self” is a characteristically Chinese way of abbreviating “self-governance, self-support, self-propagation.” For example, Catholic believers in China are not allowed to accept the leadership of pope. Chinese churches can have no relationships with churches outside of China. They cannot receive foreign funding, teaching or leadership.

There are two huge changes in the law regarding religious practice in China.

First, the new law greatly expands the government departments that can persecute religious believers. Under the previous law, only the Religious Affairs Bureau would enforce religious restrictions. Under the new law, every layer of government can regulate religious affairs. The fact that there are so many more officials cracking down on unregistered churches puts tremendous pressure on the members of those churches. As part of President Xi’s crackdown, Chinese Christians are facing the most persecutions since the Cultural Revolution in the 1960s.

I know of an incident in which some Chinese Christian missionaries went to a Christian conference. This was November 2018, in Thailand. Chinese Communist spies also went to this conference and secretly recorded the attendees. Many of the missionaries were arrested upon their return to China.

Friends of mine were watching a documentary regarding Tiananmen Square in their own living room in Shenzhen, a city in Guangdong province. They were arrested and remain under surveillance.

Second, the new law makes informal gatherings clearly illegal. The churches have no freedom of assembly. If a group of believers gathers to pray, and they are not registered, the new law makes this gathering strictly forbidden. Before, such gatherings were strongly discouraged, but not technically illegal.

Under this new law, the house churches in my area have been forced to make an impossible choice. Either they must dissolve, if they refuse to register; or, they must register with the government. Those who register are concerned about surveillance of the church and its members. In addition, their sermons and teachings will be monitored. Believers are also worried that the church’s tithes and offerings could be confiscated by the government, and that their land lines may be monitored by the Chinese equivalent of the CIA.

Being the member of a house church in China is dangerous. Most of the members of underground churches in my area are young. Today, I would not have the freedom to be a Christian in China. If I were to lead a women’s prayer meeting in my own living room, I could get arrested and face criminal charges as well as a heavy fine. I could be jailed, tortured and killed before trial. If I made it to trial, the trial would not be fair, because the purpose of the court system is to advance national policy, such as to keep Christianity from spreading.

In a remote area, cadres took down religious images and replaced them with pictures of [President] Xi Jinping. The Chinese Communist Party does not want you to believe in God, but in the Party. Xi Jinping is like Chairman Mao, centralizing power into his own hands. He has changed the Chinese constitution to remove term limits. He will be dictator for life!

Some brave underground churches continue to meet secretly. They have to sing their hymns very quietly to avoid detection. Many churches, once discovered, are kicked out by the landlord and have to move from place to place every week.

The Chinese government does not like evangelists. I know a traveling preacher who disappeared in 2004-5.

The China/Vatican deal has been a terrible thing for Chinese Catholics. Perhaps the Vatican does not know how Catholics have been jailed and tortured for their faith. The Chinese government has been inhumane to religious believers, including Catholics.

Reggie, please tell the world about the suffering of Christians in China. They are discouraged and afraid. Can you help us? Can you pray for us?
Yep like I have been posting since 2016, China loves the Democrats for taking the focus off of their atrocities and making Russia the boogeyman.

China is the scourge of the planet given how big they are, how much they pollute, how much they cheat and steal from the US and the world and how barbaric they are with innocent people.

Forum List

Back