Children Can Pray in Public School! Yippee!

Its all good until some kid is practicing the "wrong" religion. Then we'll see how far the yippees go then

So have you seen a lot of Christians targeting Muslim schools?

No?

Okay then.

Meanwhile, let's consider reality:

300 Armed Muslims Attack Christian Boys School in Pakistan in Retaliation to Charlie Hebdo s Prophet Muhammad Drawings

That response has exactly nothing to do with what I said. You couldnt link the two with chain and a padlock
There was a huge meltdown a couple of weeks ago by her compatriots over some university playing the muslim call to prayers. In fact the outcry was so huge and fearful that the university decided not to do it.

Yeah thats because they are allllll about protecting "religious freedom" which means they feel free to denegrate other peoples religion they dont like

"....they feel free to denegrate (sic) other peoples religion they dont (sic) like."

Let me consider all of the examples you've provided....

Hmmm......

I see you saved me a great deal of time.

As long as the Muslim ululating is followed by Amazing Grace, I could care less.

But since it's not, fuck Islam.

Its all good until some kid is practicing the "wrong" religion. Then we'll see how far the yippees go then

No?

Okay then.

300 Armed Muslims Attack Christian Boys School in Pakistan in Retaliation to Charlie Hebdo s Prophet Muhammad Drawings

That response has exactly nothing to do with what I said. You couldnt link the two with chain and a padlock
There was a huge meltdown a couple of weeks ago by her compatriots over some university playing the muslim call to prayers. In fact the outcry was so huge and fearful that the university decided not to do it.

Yeah thats because they are allllll about protecting "religious freedom" which means they feel free to denegrate other peoples religion they dont like

"....they feel free to denegrate (sic) other peoples religion they dont (sic) like."

Let me consider all of the examples you've provided....

Hmmm......

I see you saved me a great deal of time.

You're right, we're at a time when everyone loves muslims. :rolleyes:

No?

Okay then.

Please. You're lauded as the #2 "random association" retard on this site. You can't follow a conversation yourself, and so accuse others of going off topic...simply because you don't understand what's being said.

No?

Okay then.

Please. You're lauded as the #2 "random association" retard on this site. You can't follow a conversation yourself, and so accuse others of going off topic...simply because you don't understand what's being said.

Thanks for letting me know all about me but again...You're response has nothing to do with anything I posted at all. Thanks tho your opinion is welcome

Shut the fuck up, POS. Christians don't target Islamic grade schools.

Not a fan of freedom eh?

Meh... to each her own. Just keep your Sharia Law and/or similar religious based nonsense to yourself.

Fortunately, relative freedom still reigns and so, no... I will NOT shut the fuck up.

As far as your irrelevant, sweeping generalization about Christians, Muslims and school-children goes...
Typical. :rolleyes:

Muslim call to prayer at public paid for school can't be far behind.

Freedom of religion is as freedom of religion does...

What's good for the Christian is good for the Muslim and the Witch, and the Satanist, and worshipers of The Flying Spaghetti Monster, a.k.a. Pastafarians, and the…

Muslim call to prayer at public paid for school can't be far behind.

Freedom of religion is as freedom of religion does...

What's good for the Christian is good for the Muslim and the Witch, and the Satanist, and worshipers of The Flying Spaghetti Monster, a.k.a. Pastafarians, and the…
Mmmmm....pastafarian, that's a religion I can get behind.

This mayor seems to be catering to the lowest common denominators we have and busting up the constitution in the process. I'm sorry I voted for him. Very sorry. Democrats and Republicans are equally bad for the country.

This mayor seems to be catering to the lowest common denominators we have and busting up the constitution in the process. I'm sorry I voted for him. Very sorry. Democrats and Republicans are equally bad for the country.

Now, focus like a laser, and explain this: "....busting up the constitution in the process."

How so?

Prayer......to be introduced into pre-K education in the Big Apple???

Yep!

1. "New York City Eases Pre-K Rules to Allow Prayer Breaks

2. ...some children attending taxpayer-funded prekindergarten programs in New York City may have school on Christmas and Thanksgiving. And their school day may be interrupted by a period for religious prayers.

3. .... a compromise by Mayor Bill de Blasio’s administration that is intended to increase participation by Orthodox Jewish and other private schools in his signature initiative.

4. ...new prekindergarten programs are run by private organizations, including religious schools, that are compensated by the city. But many Orthodox schools have stayed away....

gmc15640920180316020800.jpg

5. The new guidelines, first reported this week by Hamodia, a Jewish newspaper, do not cut the total amount of time per week required for secular instruction. But schools may now spread the hours over six days,....

6. ...the city had drawn a line at permitting prayer during the school day.

7. ...programs will be allowed to have one “short break” during the secular school day for “nonprogram activities,”...

8. The break, city officials said, is geared toward allowing children to pray after lunch,...

9. ....Donna Lieberman, executive director of the New York Civil Liberties Union.
“The prayer break is an attempted end run around the prohibition against religious education and prayer in city-funded pre-K programs,” she said. Taken together, she added, the regulations “add up to a religious school funded with taxpayer money.”

10. Rabbi David Zwiebel, executive director of Agudath Israel, an ultra-Orthodox umbrella organization, supported the changes and predicted they would lead to at least a modest increase in participation."
New York City Eases Pre-K Rules to Allow Prayer Breaks

Could be a breach in the myth that the Constitution doesn't countenance religion in the public arena.

About time.
They always could.

Yep!

2. ...some children attending taxpayer-funded prekindergarten programs in New York City may have school on Christmas and Thanksgiving. And their school day may be interrupted by a period for religious prayers.

3. .... a compromise by Mayor Bill de Blasio’s administration that is intended to increase participation by Orthodox Jewish and other private schools in his signature initiative.

4. ...new prekindergarten programs are run by private organizations, including religious schools, that are compensated by the city. But many Orthodox schools have stayed away....

5. The new guidelines, first reported this week by Hamodia, a Jewish newspaper, do not cut the total amount of time per week required for secular instruction. But schools may now spread the hours over six days,....

7. ...programs will be allowed to have one “short break” during the secular school day for “nonprogram activities,”...

8. The break, city officials said, is geared toward allowing children to pray after lunch,...

9. ....Donna Lieberman, executive director of the New York Civil Liberties Union.
“The prayer break is an attempted end run around the prohibition against religious education and prayer in city-funded pre-K programs,” she said. Taken together, she added, the regulations “add up to a religious school funded with taxpayer money.”

10. Rabbi David Zwiebel, executive director of Agudath Israel, an ultra-Orthodox umbrella organization, supported the changes and predicted they would lead to at least a modest increase in participation."

Could be a breach in the myth that the Constitution doesn't countenance religion in the public arena.

About time.

the orthodox have their own schools.

Yep!

About time.

the orthodox have their own schools.

orthodox what? you need a bit of time in the remedial
reading room

Yep!

About time.
You cannot prevent someone from praying. It's ridiculous to think that you can. You are not required to get on your knees, or even pray out loud. Jesus told us to pray without ceasing. You can pray anytime or anywhere you want to. Prayer is simply a conversation with God. No one has the power to stop someone from doing so.

Forum List

Back