Arguments for Atheism as a Religion

MaxGrit

Beloved
Mar 21, 2014

Creation vs Nothing: It takes a lot of faith to believe in the religion of materialism.

Last edited:
"For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth. For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse. For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened. Claiming to be wise, they became fools, and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images resembling mortal man and birds and animals and creeping things.

Therefore God gave them up in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, to the dishonoring of their bodies among themselves, because they exchanged the truth about God for a lie and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever! Amen."

Romans 1 (ESV)

Last edited:
A basic question: Do you believe that human beings are the highest form of intelligence in the universe? If yes, you are an atheist. If no, then you allow for the existence of a superior intelligence. By definition that intelligence would be god-like to us, just as we are god-like to lesser entities. However, the idea that we can fully understand that intelligence is as absurd as believing that there is no higher intelligence in the first place.

A basic question: Do you believe that human beings are the highest form of intelligence in the universe? If yes, you are an atheist. If no, then you allow for the existence of a superior intelligence. By definition that intelligence would be god-like to us, just as we are god-like to lesser entities. However, the idea that we can fully understand that intelligence is as absurd as believing that there is no higher intelligence in the first place.
Whatever the case, this superior, pan-galactic all powerful being's top priority in this vast Universe with an infinity of stars and galaxies... Is hatin teh gheys!!! :badgrin:

God is infinite in that he created all the stars and galaxies, but he also has microscopic vision, and can see every cell and the blood flowing through your body.

God knows every time a bird falls from the sky. Jesus explicitly said so.

So yes, God is concerned with the big stuff AND the small stuff.

I disbelieve all the same religions that you do, except for one.

Creation vs Nothing: It takes a lot of faith to believe in the religion of materialism.

What are you talking about?

Religion is to Atheism as Collecting Stamps is to not collecting stamps.

My not believing in any one- or all- of the various religions and gods of the world is nothing more than that- I don't believe what you do.

But a lesser animal is wrong if it thinks we are gods just because we are a superior intelligence.

God is infinite in that he created all the stars and galaxies, but he also has microscopic vision, and can see every cell and the blood flowing through your body.

God knows every time a bird falls from the sky. Jesus explicitly said so.

So yes, God is concerned with the big stuff AND the small stuff.

If you could have snapped your fingers and stopped those planes from flying into those buildings on 9 11 would you have done it? So you are kinder than your own god.

And anything that would hide and say if we don't believe you that it exists will send us to burn in hell forever is sadistic and not worth worshipping.

There might be higher life forms in another solar system or in another galaxy. I just don't think the Abraham god exists.

The universe is all there is was and will ever be. Why does a god have to exist? Maybe the universe is eternal. No beginning no end.

I wish these God people would hurry up and get Atheism or Science officially declared a religion so I can declare myself a Minister and declare my home a church so I can take advantage of all of the SPECIAL religious tax benefits. All these accusations without the benefits is worthless.

I wish these God people would hurry up and get Atheism or Science officially declared a religion so I can declare myself a Minister and declare my home a church so I can take advantage of all of the SPECIAL religious tax benefits. All these accusations without the benefits is worthless.

I'd like to congregate with like minded people once a week too. But would theists come and kill us? I wouldnt feel safe in this overly theist nation.

Their endgame though, is to ban science from school, like the Boko Haram wannabees down in Oklahoma are trying to do with advanced placement classes

Forum List

Back