Chicago Public Schools eliminating sex-specific restrooms to 'increase gender equity'

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
So does this mean the doors can be locked, or can anyone just waltz inside regardless of their gender even if the opposite gender is already inside?
I swear to god, this country has gone insane!

Chicago Public Schools (CPS) is requiring all schools in the district to adopt new signage in an effort to make restrooms gender-neutral.

The initiative, which CPS is referring to as a "big step forward for gender equity," requires the schools to display language outside of restrooms informing students, whether they are male or female, that they may use the restroom that aligns with their gender identity.

I swear to god, this country has gone insane!
It has... and the average people who don't buy into this BS, are the ones suffering from it most. Care to start a betting pool on how long it will take the first rapes to occur?

Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but what is the maximum sentence for public urination? I wouldn't be surprised if certain people were to be guilty of such activity because they no longer know what bathroom is okay for them to do their personal business in. I wouldn't blame them. In order to get an important enough point across, sometimes a caption is not enough. A picture has to be painted in some way to go with whatever has already been said.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. Let me guess. It varies from one state compared to another.

So if my daughter is in a rest room, and a boy walks in, I'm supposed to understand this as increasing "gender equity".

Once again, the libs are making their own shithole. Anyone with the means to move or go to a private school will do so. The children of the people left will pay the price. It should be hard to believe, but nothing is hard to believe when it's a liberal government. Even Marx would be like, wow, didn't think that would work!

This is how the left targets children.

They would never force adults to use gender neutral bathrooms. I can guarantee that the faculty and staff bathrooms are "segregated," by gender. They're not going to make old Mrs. Winter take a dump while the new football coach is peeing in the urinal five feet away.

Here's how the media presents the "logic" behind this idea:

“We want to make an environment as respectful and inclusive as we can,” Education Program Manager Curran Cross said.

Some parents think the policy is not a big deal.

“I’m fine with it,” Mandal Golden said. “They’re not scared to use the washroom at home. We have boys and girls at home, it’s the same policy. Washrooms are generally private.”
Washrooms in schools are not generally private. I've been a public school teacher for decades and one thing I'm often asked to do as a male is to go into the boys bathroom and chase out a half a dozen boys who have gathered to talk and horseplay.

At home I shared a bathroom with my family, but we went in one at a time.

Here's the school/media spin on it:

Schools like LaSalle said safety has actually increased, according to student surveys.

Chicago Public Schools said its open to all feedback on the policy. You can email them at [email protected].

They just implemented the policy. I'm sure the girls are simply avoiding the restrooms and going to the nurse with a stomach ache so they can use that one. Surveys are not the way to measure safety, data about violent incidents tells the story.

Of course, Chicago can just follow Loudoun County's example and hide the information from parents.

I actually feel bad for anybody that openly identifies as trans in a high school. That's just asking for trouble.

The only scenario is if each bathroom is individual and can be locked. That I would accept.

I can't understand though how having bathrooms for men and women isn't equal. Aside from .02% of the population everyone is either a man or woman, each get their own bathroom, that's equal.

You go the bathroom that coresponds with the gender it says on your birth certificate. It's not everyone's responsibility to cater to a small percent of the public's fantasies.

The only scenario is if each bathroom is individual and can be locked. That I would accept.

I can't understand though how having bathrooms for men and women isn't equal. Aside from .02% of the population everyone is either a man or woman, each get their own bathroom, that's equal.

You go the bathroom that coresponds with the gender it says on your birth certificate. It's not everyone's responsibility to cater to a small percent of the public's fantasies.
Some college coed dorms have been doing this, and it has worked out well.

It's just another example of the left overtrying to be fair and equal (sexes aren't) thinking too much, and winding up in fantasyland. These deranged loons need ti be sued at the very least.

Already cases of dehydration among girls is being reported (some hospitalized). Caused by them not drinking water, out of fear of having to go to bathrooms with boys there.

Forum List

Back