CDC basically says we don’t have to wear masks anymore!

Oh, God, it's so true. Remember when Fauci briefly was promoting wearing two or more masks? This was cartoonist heaven, so he quickly stopped.

Huh! Made me think. I bet there WILL be a lot of backtracking on a lot of really unacceptable Dem stuff before the midterms --- I should watch for that. I bet they'll stop the business with male swimmers taking all the prizes by fraudulently joining women's teams. I bet the CRT stuff will "lighten." I bet all the vaccine mandates and mask mandates stop, and that even in the teeth of a virulent epidemic like this Omicron coming at us. If the epidemic just gets worse and worse, they can't really continue to persuade people they are right about the vaccine mandates and masks. I bet some of the awful leftwing Cancel Culture stops, but not enough.

A lot of things they really can't stop, however. The massive crime wave going on, the pandemic worsening --- unless they luck out and it just stops! It could. The inflation and economy worsening. They could, but they don't, stop the open border illegal migrations. They DID suddenly stop giving huge damage awards to illegals who had families separated at the border: that shows what is going to happen on behalf of the midterms, IMO. Foreign policy is a lose--lose situation: either we'll let Russia and China take Ukraine and Taiwan, or we'll fight a huge war and lose. Neither will be popular: lose--lose.

They can't really stop any of it; there's not enough time, and their people are too inculcated. Look at Vermont, perfectly healthy people clogging up ERs to get PCR tests because they're asymptomatic but tested + on an antigen test. That's because 41% of Dems believe that fully FIFTY PERCENT of people dx with Covid-19 go to the hospital. That's right. When you teach your people such terrible misinformation, UNteaching them in a few months is near to impossible. Info here:

As for all the "woke" stuff--same, but for longer duration. Such a long time that it has become a religion for many. It is so toxic that the Left has lost the culture over it, but the 30% or so of Americans that are still into pronouns, trans rights and etc will not give up. And what are the Dems to do with them--sell them up the river? They can't afford that.

Hoist. Petard. You know the rest.

The 1918 flu ---- just stopped! After a year and a half (getting lethally worse; this was a disease that DID get worse, much worse in the second surge) it just vanished. They'll do that. Often they'll come back after 15 years or so. Sometimes for several waves, and then be really gone.

Well, we think so, anyway ----
The theory is that the 1918 flu just mutated and mutated, and weakened and weakened, and it still has remnants showing up as a cold. Looks like this is what is happening with COVID.

They can't really stop any of it; there's not enough time, and their people are too inculcated. Look at Vermont, perfectly healthy people clogging up ERs to get PCR tests because they're asymptomatic but tested + on an antigen test. That's because 41% of Dems believe that fully FIFTY PERCENT of people dx with Covid-19 go to the hospital. That's right. When you teach your people such terrible misinformation, UNteaching them in a few months is near to impossible. Info here:

As for all the "woke" stuff--same, but for longer duration. Such a long time that it has become a religion for many. It is so toxic that the Left has lost the culture over it, but the 30% or so of Americans that are still into pronouns, trans rights and etc will not give up. And what are the Dems to do with them--sell them up the river? They can't afford that.

Hoist. Petard. You know the rest.
We will never win over the 30% indoctrinated to the left. But no worries. The election is decided by independents, and they are leaning 2:1 for the Republican.

They can't really stop any of it; there's not enough time, and their people are too inculcated. Look at Vermont, perfectly healthy people clogging up ERs to get PCR tests because they're asymptomatic but tested + on an antigen test. That's because 41% of Dems believe that fully FIFTY PERCENT of people dx with Covid-19 go to the hospital. That's right.
Quite a stat; and I believe it. I have known about the Walking Worried forever, a huge problem in any epidemic, not just this one, and this one has to be the worst of all for that because of all the propaganda. So a lot of Dems think fully 50% of people diagnosed with a positive Covid test are hospitalized? I would worry that they are thinking 50% of people with a positive diagnosis SHOULD go to the hospital!! Which would explain why hospitals are trying to close their doors and run people off now. I do not have a good feeling about January. But we'll see, I shouldn't borrow trouble, nothing has happened till after it happens.

The theory is that the 1918 flu just mutated and mutated, and weakened and weakened, and it still has remnants showing up as a cold. Looks like this is what is happening with COVID.
I don't believe that because it was too sudden a stop. SARS did that too (and I'd have bet against them stopping that one and it had a 9% mortality rate!!). The English Sweat (started 1485, we know where and when, even why: mercenary soldiers) stopped suddenly, after four or five waves; The Plague of Pericles was possibly a virus; it ended suddenly, too. The big influenzas come to a stop after their year, too. I think I caught all the named ones, somehow. Viruses sometimes just stop, suddenly.

And sometimes not ------------------------ smallpox. Measles. Millennia. Oh, well.

BTW Fauci has started saying "requirements" instead of mandates.
"You know, there's requirements that you might want to get if you want to get into college, where you want to go to a university or you want to work in certain places," he said.
"When you make vaccination a requirement, that's another incentive to get more people vaccinated. If you want to do that with domestic flights, I think that's something that seriously should be considered," he said. - US government should consider vaccination requirement for domestic air travel, Fauci says

You know, because the term "mandate" is toxic.

How so? I suppose since Omicron is basically just a cold, the CDC has reduced requirements for those who test positive: just 5 days of quarantine and 5 days of strict mask-wearing.

So, that would mean that people who don’t have COVID don’t have to wear mask or at least not be strict about it. Combined with Biden’s admission that there’s no federal solution to COVID - big turnaround from his claim that he’d solve it if elected, huh? - it seems that the Democrats realize they can’t keep the fear-mingering going over what is essentially a cold or flu.

What’s great is we’re going to see leftists walking around wearing masks for years after they don’t need to.

What’s great is we’re going to see leftists walking around wearing masks for years after they don’t need to.
Ugh.

If I might vent, I was just refused entry to a restaurant. Here’s the setup: this was a restaurant in a shopping mall, with an “outer cafe” part that jutted into the mall. All I needed to do was walk the 10 feet from the entrance of the restaurant to the “outer cafe” table - and I was VERBOTEN!

I live in a very liberal area.

"You know, there's requirements that you might want to get if you want to get into college, where you want to go to a university or you want to work in certain places," he said.
"When you make vaccination a requirement, that's another incentive to get more people vaccinated. If you want to do that with domestic flights, I think that's something that seriously should be considered," he said. - US government should consider vaccination requirement for domestic air travel, Fauci says

Thanx for warning us of this! That term is "no longer operational," huh? Okay, I can get just as mad about the word "requirement," the fascists. :mad:

Ugh.

If I might vent, I was just refused entry to a restaurant. Here’s the setup: this was a restaurant in a shopping mall, with an “outer cafe” part that jutted into the mall. All I needed to do was walk the 10 feet from the entrance of the restaurant to the “outer cafe” table - and I was VERBOTEN!

I live in a very liberal area.
These types are piling up a lot of hatred against themselves.

That's because masks are quickly becoming old news. They don't have the same effect they used to on people and most people don't care about wearing a face diaper anymore.

It's all about the vaccines, boosters, and covid pills now.

Kinda like when man made global warming turned into climate change when the predicted warming didn’t happen.

We gave them up a long time ago. Only the medical places really require them anymore. Hell they finally tore the mask stickers down at work because no one obeyed anymore anyway.

Great to live in a Red State.

Forum List

Back