30% of Covid deaths not caused by Covid...DUH!!! We told you so and so did Trump!

Did you miss this part of the article....“almost one third of official recent Covid deaths have fallen into this category.”

Thank you for pointing that out.

However, the link also states:

As Deborah Birx, White House Coronavirus Response Coordinator under Donald Trump from 2020 to 2021, declared: “if someone dies with Covid-19, we are counting that as a Covid-19 death.” The same approach was adopted in most Western countries. This was rather surprising, especially in light of the fact that the overwhelming majority of “Covid-19 deaths” were patients with pre-existing illnesses (hypertension, diabetes, heart conditions, and so on) for which a direct causality from Covid was impossible to ascertain.

This was a completely novel approach. Until then, the standard method had been to consider the true cause of death the underlying disease — if someone suffering from end-stage cancer contracts pneumonia and dies, the cause of death is still cancer. Indeed, in March 2020 Walter Ricciardi, Scientific Advisor to the Italian Minister of Health for the Coronavirus Pandemic, reported that “on re-evaluation by the National Institute of Health, only 12% of death certificates have shown a direct causality from coronavirus.” Yet they were all counted as Covid-19 deaths. And the same thing was happening everywhere.

This is what came to be known as the death “by/with Covid” debate. Even worse, though, it soon became standard practice in virtually all the Western countries to classify every deceased person who had recently (or even not so recently) tested positive for Covid as a “Covid death”, even if the death was manifestly unrelated to the virus. Indeed, in several countries it wasn’t just fatalities with a positive Covid-19 test that entered the ranks, but also those where Covid-19 was simply suspected — as per World Health Organization guidelines.

As Ngozi Ezike, the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) Director, put it in April 2020: “technically, even if you died of a clear alternate cause, but you had Covid at the same time, it’s still listed as a Covid death. So, everyone who’s listed as a Covid death doesn’t mean that was the cause of death, but they had Covid at the time of death”. It would later emerge, in one American county, that “clear alternate causes” of death could include anything from injury and poisoning to motorcycle accidents and gunshot wounds.

So, overall, it’s safe to say that Covid-19 hospitalisations and deaths were massively overcounted — as even the New York Times now admits. This raises a number of very disturbing issues: was this simply the result of authorities erring on the side of caution by rounding up numbers, or was there a deliberate attempt to inflate the figures in order to stoke panic and fear in the population? And even more importantly, if many of the excess deaths weren’t caused by Covid itself, there’s only one logical conclusion: that they were caused by the political response to it.

So, the 1/3 number is simply a recent actual statistic. The Italians are actually saying about 1/8th (and not just recent).

We all knew the numbers were being overstated.

What was so strange as the ferocity with which people held onto the numbers during the early part of the pandemic.

I think it would be great if, when someone says "The NYT said _________", they quote the NYT (or whomever) instead of a third source.

There is a reason why they don't. Because the NYT likely did not say anything remotely close to what the third source is alleging.

My point was that the link takes you to an article that links to the Times. If you want to read the actual link, you have to pay for it.

My point was that the link takes you to an article that links to the Times. If you want to read the actual link, you have to pay for it.
I think the mods should crack down on 3rd party sourcing. Like if you wrote a paper saying X, Y, and Z and I wrote an article stating you said A, B and C and attributed it to you...can someone legitimately be able to stay that Hiker Guy says ________ by quoting me? And my interpretation of what you said may be completely innocent too with no malicious intent to mis-quote you.

My point is that if you put in your title that the New York Times says _______...you should have to quote the source directly. Pay wall or not.

Thank you for pointing that out.

However, the link also states:

As Deborah Birx, White House Coronavirus Response Coordinator under Donald Trump from 2020 to 2021, declared: “if someone dies with Covid-19, we are counting that as a Covid-19 death.” The same approach was adopted in most Western countries. This was rather surprising, especially in light of the fact that the overwhelming majority of “Covid-19 deaths” were patients with pre-existing illnesses (hypertension, diabetes, heart conditions, and so on) for which a direct causality from Covid was impossible to ascertain.

This was a completely novel approach. Until then, the standard method had been to consider the true cause of death the underlying disease — if someone suffering from end-stage cancer contracts pneumonia and dies, the cause of death is still cancer. Indeed, in March 2020 Walter Ricciardi, Scientific Advisor to the Italian Minister of Health for the Coronavirus Pandemic, reported that “on re-evaluation by the National Institute of Health, only 12% of death certificates have shown a direct causality from coronavirus.” Yet they were all counted as Covid-19 deaths. And the same thing was happening everywhere.

This is what came to be known as the death “by/with Covid” debate. Even worse, though, it soon became standard practice in virtually all the Western countries to classify every deceased person who had recently (or even not so recently) tested positive for Covid as a “Covid death”, even if the death was manifestly unrelated to the virus. Indeed, in several countries it wasn’t just fatalities with a positive Covid-19 test that entered the ranks, but also those where Covid-19 was simply suspected — as per World Health Organization guidelines.

As Ngozi Ezike, the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) Director, put it in April 2020: “technically, even if you died of a clear alternate cause, but you had Covid at the same time, it’s still listed as a Covid death. So, everyone who’s listed as a Covid death doesn’t mean that was the cause of death, but they had Covid at the time of death”. It would later emerge, in one American county, that “clear alternate causes” of death could include anything from injury and poisoning to motorcycle accidents and gunshot wounds.

So, overall, it’s safe to say that Covid-19 hospitalisations and deaths were massively overcounted — as even the New York Times now admits. This raises a number of very disturbing issues: was this simply the result of authorities erring on the side of caution by rounding up numbers, or was there a deliberate attempt to inflate the figures in order to stoke panic and fear in the population? And even more importantly, if many of the excess deaths weren’t caused by Covid itself, there’s only one logical conclusion: that they were caused by the political response to it.

So, the 1/3 number is simply a recent actual statistic. The Italians are actually saying about 1/8th (and not just recent).

We all knew the numbers were being overstated.

What was so strange as the ferocity with which people held onto the numbers during the early part of the pandemic.
We’ve been through this so many times.

Excess deaths showed that if anything, COVID deaths were UNDER counted

Did you understand the part where I clearly stated that the elderly and those at risk should have been protected, because for them it was more than a cold?

We didn't do that this one and only time - for political purposes.
Your political purposes.

Tell that to the millions who suffered through long covid, sometimes for months on end. Many of those were not at risk patients. Does a cold do that?

Except this thread is about the NYTimes admitting that isn't the case.

The NYtimes never admitted to any such thing. This is a fantasy you've created in your head. If the NYtimes actually admitted this why won't post the actual links from the nytimes saying this? This is so simple. This is the downfall of every conspiracy theorist, they never have any proof or evidence to back up a thing you're saying, just more fairytales you either made up on your own or heard from someone pumping their gas. This is what makes you the biggest dupes.

why won't post the actual links from the nytimes saying this?

Already answered that one.

Try not to jump in the middle of a thread and push such a stupid opinion. It's not a good look for anyone. And you already don't look very good.

Already answered that one.

Try not to jump in the middle of a thread and push such a stupid opinion. It's not a good look for anyone. And you already don't look very good.

No, you did not. Why won't you produce the links? Just do it right now.

New York Times Admits 30% of “COVID Deaths” Weren’t From COVID​

July 19, 2023
After years of subjecting the public to fear-mongering, The New York Times has admitted that nearly a third of “Covid deaths” weren’t actually caused by Covid-19.
The official number [of Covid-19 deaths] is probably an exaggeration because it includes some people who had [the] virus when they died even though it was not the underlying cause of death,”
In 2020, The Times attacked Trump when he suggested that the number of Covid deaths was exaggerated, claiming “most statisticians and public health experts say he is wrong” and arguing the number was in fact “far higher” than recorded.

So why did the BIASED MSM over exaggerate COVID deaths?
This study shows the reason why!
"Physiologically, people are more triggered by negative news than positive news. Scientists see it in skin conductance levels and heart rate variability.
Negative news attracts more viewers.
More viewers means more advertising revenue.

Very simple folks, COVID, Trump coverage, all of that made the biased MSM just salivate at the negative news.

Another example of good news not reported is I've tracked Covid cases from this site
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/ United States COVID Statistics Since 3/31/20.
But I've had to get the following statistic from this site: Provisional COVID-19 Deaths: Focus on Ages 0-18 Years | Data | Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
because it wasn't BAD NEWS!!!

Since I started tracking Covid out of 74 million kids in the USA under age 18... 1,847 have died. This is 0.00251%.

Yet we had school closings because of why? The teachers couldn't wear masks? I remember in my school days the teachers were in the front of the class, i.e.
at least 6 feet away. But just as we now know that 30% of Covid deaths were exaggerations..i.e.
The reason we weren't told that under 18 their bodies were growing, were more healthy, and those that died most likely had comorbidity... but we never heard that!
Folks those of you that still believe the MSM are truth tellers... grow up!

The kids are safe. They always have been.
It may sound strange, given a year of panic over school closures and reopenings, a year of masking toddlers and closing playgrounds and huddling in pandemic pods, that, according to the CDC, among children the mortality risk from COVID-19 is actually lower than from the flu.
The risk of severe disease or hospitalization is about the same.

And yet with all the above proof there will still be some of you that don't follow the FACTS, the reality, the truth
because you still believe the BIASED MSM that sells negative news!
So that's why we don't have a names list of the dead?

So that's why we don't have a names list of the dead?
Could be but the point of my post was that the BIASED MSM daily during Trump's time daily reminded us of COVID. But at almost NO time did I
ever hear /see any information that comorbidity especially over age 65 created the most deaths! But the MSM grossly misinformed us about the age
of Covid cases, i.e. less than 1,847 as of today, have died that were under age 18! 74 million under 18 and they close the schools! So the biased MSM, teachers Unions et.al. have affected kids education.
An analysis of 2021 spring state test data across 12 states found that districts that offered more access to in-person options saw smaller declines in math and reading scores than districts that offered less access. In reading, the effect was much larger in districts with a higher share of Black and Hispanic students. COVID Hurt Student Learning: Key Findings From a Year of Research
And why did the MSM strongly endorse the closing of schools? As a way of hurting Trump short term and now 2024... motto will be "do we want
to shut down schools again...because of Trump
?!!!

Little do most people know the following FACTS!

MSMdonations.png

remember they told you in NYC the bodies were stored in refrigerated trucks?
LIES LIES LIES

Forum List

Back