30% of Covid deaths not caused by Covid...DUH!!! We told you so and so did Trump!

Because it was far more effective than the COVID-19 vaccine and it was not experimental when used for mass immunization.
YES, it was.

A breakthrough occurred in 1949, when poliovirus was successfully cultivated in human tissue by John Enders, Thomas Weller and Frederick Robbins at Boston Children’s Hospital. Their pioneering work was recognized with the 1954 Nobel Prize.

Not long afterwards, in the early 1950s, the first successful vaccine was created by US physician Jonas Salk. Salk tested his experimental killed-virus vaccine on himself and his family in 1953, and a year later on 1.6 million children in Canada, Finland and the USA.

The results were announced on 12 April 1955, and Salk’s inactivated polio vaccine (IPV) was licensed on the same day. By 1957, annual cases dropped from 58 000 to 5600, and by 1961, only 161 cases remained.

Salk had a family of THREE.
Then he decided to test it on 1.6 million people?

Most people understand and accept that -
it was a pandemic of a cold.

Did people with 3 or more comorbidities suffer worse symptoms than just a cold - yeah, but that would make sense also.

The CDC admitted that they got everything wrong, lost all credibility and needed to do better.

(you never heard that did you).

Yep just a cold...that caused overall deaths to spike like they haven't spiked since 1918 Influenza "hoax".

You are a fringy nutbag, know yourself.

Yep just a cold...that caused overall deaths to spike like they haven't spiked since 1918 Influenza "hoax".

You are a fucking nutbag, know yourself.

Did you understand the part where I clearly stated that the elderly and those at risk should have been protected, because for them it was more than a cold?

We didn't do that this one and only time - for political purposes.
Your political purposes.

Did you understand the part where I clearly stated that the elderly and those at risk should have been protected, because for them it was more than a cold?

Your political purposes.
I had a friend get it early on. In her late fifties and healthy. She nearly died. Stroked out twice

How does your “plan” protect her and people like her?

Legitimate vaccination is based on sound, proven science. I associate the term “anti-vaxxer” and related language with kooks who are opposed to that; not with those of us who know better than to trust this dangerous experimental mRNA shit, that is •NOT• a vaccine; and for which the available empirical data, at best, cast serious doubts on its safety or efficacy.
The best empirical data shows the mRNA vaccine protects people from dying of COVID.

Seems pretty good to me.

There is no evidence the Chinese created the virus or did anything intentionally other than carelessly let it spread around the globe is the right answer.

Democrats said this was a conspiracy and those who talked about it needed to be censored for China.

YES, it was.

A breakthrough occurred in 1949, when poliovirus was successfully cultivated in human tissue by John Enders, Thomas Weller and Frederick Robbins at Boston Children’s Hospital. Their pioneering work was recognized with the 1954 Nobel Prize.

Not long afterwards, in the early 1950s, the first successful vaccine was created by US physician Jonas Salk. Salk tested his experimental killed-virus vaccine on himself and his family in 1953, and a year later on 1.6 million children in Canada, Finland and the USA.

The results were announced on 12 April 1955, and Salk’s inactivated polio vaccine (IPV) was licensed on the same day. By 1957, annual cases dropped from 58 000 to 5600, and by 1961, only 161 cases remained.

Salk had a family of THREE.
Then he decided to test it on 1.6 million people?
I have no clue as to why you want to fight about the development of the Polio vaccine vs the Covid vaccine and how long it took to development them You must be fun to live with.

Now for the FACTS!

"Salk, born in New York City in 1914, first conducted research on viruses in the 1930s when he was a medical student at New York University, and during World War II helped develop flu vaccines. In 1947, he became head of a research laboratory at the University of Pittsburgh and in 1948 was awarded a grant to study the polio virus and develop a possible vaccine. By 1950, he had an early version of his polio vaccine."

"Salk’s procedure, first attempted unsuccessfully by American Maurice Brodie in the 1930s, was to kill several strains of the virus and then inject the benign viruses into a healthy person’s bloodstream. The person’s immune system would then create antibodies designed to resist future exposure to poliomyelitis. Salk conducted the first human trials on former polio patients and on himself and his family, and by 1953 was ready to announce his findings. This occurred on the CBS national radio network on the evening of March 25 and two days later in an article published in the Journal of the American Medical Association. Dr. Salk became an immediate celebrity."

"In 1954, clinical trials using the Salk vaccine and a placebo began on 1.3 million American schoolchildren. In April 1955, it was announced that the vaccine was effective and safe, and a nationwide inoculation campaign began. Shortly thereafter, tragedy struck in the Western and mid-Western United States, when more than 200,000 people were injected with a defective vaccine manufactured at Cutter Laboratories of Berkeley, California. Thousands of polio cases were reported, 200 children were left paralyzed and 10 died."

"The incident delayed production of the vaccine, but new polio cases dropped to under 6,000 in 1957, the first year after the vaccine was widely available. In 1962, an oral vaccine developed by Polish-American researcher Albert Sabin became available, greatly facilitating the distribution of the polio vaccine. Today, there is no year-round transmission of poliovirus in the United States. Among other honors, Jonas Salk was awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom in 1977. He died in La Jolla, California, in 1995."
BY: HISTORY.COM EDITORS

Your political purposes.

Nope, not interested in your ignorant half baked musings about the pandemic.

By now the book was written on handling a pandemic like this and guess what, next time something like this rolls in we will also have initial shutdowns to flatten infection rates and prevent overloading of the healthcare system.

Bottom line for this discussion is that 2020 was disasterous and anyone who talks about the good ol' Trump economy is obviously missing a few screws.

I didn’t and don’t.

I see no evidence the Chinese created the virus or did anything intentionally other than carelessly let it spread around the globe
Really%20rotfl-M.gif

Stop, stop, I can't stand it! :D

I bet you believe that the Communist Chinese spy balloon President Biden allowed to "drift" all across our country WITHOUT gathering massive amounts of intelligence. That's so cute!

Nope, not interested in your ignorant half baked musings about the pandemic.

By now the book was written on handling a pandemic like this and guess what, next time something like this rolls in we will also have initial shutdowns to flatten infection rates and prevent overloading of the healthcare system.

Bottom line for this discussion is that 2020 was disasterous and anyone who talks about the good ol' Trump economy is obviously missing a few screws.
biden-malarkey-S.jpg

ANYONE not blaming Communist China for the release of COVID-19 and the incalculable toll on the world economy "is obviously missing a few screws".

biden-malarkey-S.jpg

ANYONE not blaming Communist China for the release of COVID-19 and the incalculable toll on the world economy "is obviously missing a few screws".
Does anything of what you've said mean that 2020 was NOT economically disasterous?

No silly, it doesn't.

Does anything of what you've said mean that 2020 was NOT economically disasterous?

No silly, it doesn't.
China unleashed this enhanced virus on the world. Trying to blame President Trump for this catastrophe is silly and was the exact intent of China.

China unleashed this enhanced virus on the world. Trying to blame President Trump for this catastrophe is silly and was the exact intent of China.
Dummy, I'm saying that OBJECTIVELY 2020 economy sucked, whatever the reason may be.

I know you've got your China conspiracies ready to go at a drop of a hat, but it doesn't make any sense as a response to this conversation.

Last edited:
Several pieces on the internet quote the times. That is the connection to the OP.

You can only get at the times itself if you pay.
I think it would be great if, when someone says "The NYT said _________", they quote the NYT (or whomever) instead of a third source.

There is a reason why they don't. Because the NYT likely did not say anything remotely close to what the third source is alleging.

Forum List

Back