Catholic bombshell?

Joshua Ben Joseph was commenting on marriage as it was practiced among Jews in the first century CE. The point was that there should not be divorce but Jewish law allowed divorce. Joshua Ben Joseph is rejecting Jewish law regarding divorce. So, nowadays when same sex marriage is allowed His teaching on divorce being wrong although allowed in Jewish law, would still stand. There is no rejection of same sex marriage in this text but there is a rejection of divorce which Protestants allow today.

There is no doubt Jesus was speaking of marriage between male and female. The discourse recorded in Matthew 19 clearly sets this out.
Of course the only type of marriage in the time of Joshua Ben Joseph was between a man and a woman. There was no need to comment on same sex marriage therefore. He was considering divorce in the text quoted in which there is no mention of same sex marriage since it did not exist.

So god is sitting around waiting for people to shack up so he can burn them? But he lets pedophile priests simply move to another parish to make some fresh victims? Kinda weird, no?

We first need to come to terms with God and who He is. God is all loving and good. He is just, which we can take as His commitment that He will right wrongs done to us. He is merciful, which we can take as He will be merciful to us as He also delivers justice to those we have wronged.

Is shacking up the ideal form of love or the ideal good? If it is not, then justice and mercy come into play.

As far as your comment on pedophile priests....you need to move forward several decades. You are living in the past.

Of course the only type of marriage in the time of Joshua Ben Joseph was between a man and a woman. There was no need to comment on same sex marriage therefore. He was considering divorce in the text quoted in which there is no mention of same sex marriage since it did not exist.

Can you show us where Jesus advocated that people create same sex sexual unions?

Can you show us where Jesus advocated that people create same sex sexual unions?
I have no knowledge of a text in which Jesus disapproves of same sex marriage.

I'm asking for a text that approves it or gives any indication of approval.

So god is sitting around waiting for people to shack up so he can burn them? But he lets pedophile priests simply move to another parish to make some fresh victims? Kinda weird, no?

We first need to come to terms with God and who He is. God is all loving and good. He is just, which we can take as His commitment that He will right wrongs done to us. He is merciful, which we can take as He will be merciful to us as He also delivers justice to those we have wronged.

Is shacking up the ideal form of love or the ideal good? If it is not, then justice and mercy come into play.

As far as your comment on pedophile priests....you need to move forward several decades. You are living in the past.

I'm asking for a text that approves it or gives any indication of approval.
Lack of disapproval is a tacit approval, let alone that Jesus himself was possibly gay.

Nature is full of same sex unions, all created by god. NEXT!

If god is all loving and good, why did he invent cancer... or deformed babies?

Lack of disapproval is a tacit approval, let alone that Jesus himself was possibly gay.
The topic never surfaced. When the topic of murder isn't under discussion, it doesn't mean people are tacitly approving it. Read what Jesus said about Eunuchs. That seems even more likely if we wish to enter the Land of Speculation.

Doesn't answer the question. Nature also contains parents eating their young. Is this the ideal? Does it mean we should advocate joining in?

1. Are you aware that without cancer, humans wouldn't be in existence?
2. What is really nice about my physical imperfections--of which I have plenty--is the only being not bothered by them is God.

Like for priest pedophilia?
You are a hammer looking for a nail. When I have more time, I'll explain the problem the Church had.

So how's that theory of yours about the probability of aliens existing in the universe coming along? Come to grips with it yet?
If you had better arguments you wouldn't need to keep creating these straw-men.

And if you had a more meaningful life, you wouldn't need to try to make yourself feel better. Which BTW, we both know has had the opposite effect on your ego. I wonder who you have been taking out your defeats on. Probably someone close to you I suspect.
Please criticize the argument and not the person making it.
You respond to trolls your way, and I'll respond to them my way. Fair enough?

Thanks Meriweather; then I wonder why the Pope did not just respond to the Cardinals by saying "my advice to the Argentines only applied to this single person and case; therefore the doctrine remains unsullied."

So what will (or might) happen if the Pope does not respond again? If the Cardinals' public letter is out there, then might not anyone comment or respond? Evidently what they did is extremely rare, but they did it formally and properly, so I wonder what will follow.
Maybe its our version of don't ask don't tell.
In the 1950's homosexuals were ostracized by society. Many fled to the The Church as a safe haven and became priests. Of the ~4700 priests who were identified by the John Jay Report, only about 200 were pedophiles. These were the ones who were predatory and fit the textbook definition of a pedophile. These were the ones who serially victimized young children. These were the ones who were convicted and imprisoned. The vast majority of the rest were homosexuals who made advances to teenage males. This occurred primarily from the 1960's to the 1980's and mirrored the free love movement of society. Now you know.

You are a hammer looking for a nail. When I have more time, I'll explain the problem the Church had.

So how's that theory of yours about the probability of aliens existing in the universe coming along? Come to grips with it yet?

And if you had a more meaningful life, you wouldn't need to try to make yourself feel better. Which BTW, we both know has had the opposite effect on your ego. I wonder who you have been taking out your defeats on. Probably someone close to you I suspect.
So, was it pre-ordained from the beginning of the Big Bang that intelligent beings would populate the universe like you claimed, or not? Time to make up your mind... If you can. :D
"In the very beginning, there was a void, a curious form of vacuum, a nothingness containing no space, no time, no matter, no light, no sound. Yet the laws of in and this curious vacuum held potential. A story logically begins at the beginning, but this story is about the universe and unfortunately there are no data for the very beginnings--none, zero. We don't know anything about the universe until it reaches the mature age of a billion of a trillionth of a second. That is, some very short time after creation in the big bang. When you read or hear anything about the birth of the universe, someone is making it up--we are in the realm of philosophy. Only God knows what happened at the very beginning." Leon Lederman, American experimental physicist and Nobel Laureate

And since we live in a universe where the laws of nature are such that given enough time and the right conditions, beings that know and create were pre-ordained to exist the moment that space and time came into existence. Yes.

You will not be responding to me again.

You will not be responding to me again.
That works for me.

You are making a logical fallacy argument. No wonder you don't believe in God.

The topic never surfaced. When the topic of murder isn't under discussion, it doesn't mean people are tacitly approving it. Read what Jesus said about Eunuchs. That seems even more likely if we wish to enter the Land of Speculation.
Jesus was likely gay because he:

- Only hung around with guys
- Only had sex with a woman once. "Once" means he didn't like it.
- Wore a dress.
- Always looks quite buff in all depictions of him.
- Rode the woman's ride of ancient times, the donkey.

Doesn't answer the question. Nature also contains parents eating their young. Is this the ideal? Does it mean we should advocate joining in?
If god created eating your young, which he did, then it's also a natural event. Is it ideal? No, otherwise god would have everyone eating their young. But god created same sex unions in nature, and I guess that everyone god creates isn't ideal, just natural.

1. Are you aware that without cancer, humans wouldn't be in existence?
2. What is really nice about my physical imperfections--of which I have plenty--is the only being not bothered by them is God.
God could have created a world without cancer. He didn't. He chose to also create deformed babies that live in constant pain until they die. Please try again.

Forum List

Back