Pope Francis bewildered with Bible question

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012
1702046621824.png

VATICAN - At a rare town hall event at the Vatican, Pope Francis decided to field some questions to try and revive support due to his controversial position on a wide range of issues as many have accused him of being heretical throughout the world of Catholicism. "What is the most serious threat facing humanity and the church today", asked one of his followers. "That would have to be climate change. that is a no brainer." said Francis. "No liveable climate, no Catholic church and no Jesus as they all go up in smoke. Easy Peasy." Getting nervous about harder questions, he turned to a 6-year-old girl for a question instead. "Sir" peeped the girl shyly, "What is your favorite book of the Bible" The Pope then paused for a minute or two, and then said, "Well, um............I think the books at the beginning of the Bible are good........and..........um.........as well as the ones at the end of the Bible." "You don't like the books in the middle of the Bible"? asked the inquisitive and somewhat confused girl? "Sure I do!" exclaimed the Pope. "Ok" said the girl, "Which one do you like the most in the middle of the Bible" Quickly the Pope opened and closed a Bible behind and turned to the girl and said, "I like the book of Job the most" said the Pope. "But why?", asked the girl. "Because capitalism creates massive unemployment as no one can earn a decent living these days".

View attachment 869953

VATICAN - At a rare town hall event at the Vatican, Pope Francis decided to field some questions to try and revive support due to his controversial position on a wide range of issues as many have accused him of being heretical throughout the world of Catholicism. "What is the most serious threat facing humanity and the church today", asked one of his followers. "That would have to be climate change. that is a no brainer." said Francis. "No liveable climate, no Catholic church and no Jesus as they all go up in smoke. Easy Peasy." Getting nervous about harder questions, he turned to a 6-year-old girl for a question instead. "Sir" peeped the girl shyly, "What is your favorite book of the Bible" The Pope then paused for a minute or two, and then said, "Well, um............I think the books at the beginning of the Bible are good........and..........um.........as well as the ones at the end of the Bible." "You don't like the books in the middle of the Bible"? asked the inquisitive and somewhat confused girl? "Sure I do!" exclaimed the Pope. "Ok" said the girl, "Which one do you like the most in the middle of the Bible" Quickly the Pope opened and closed a Bible behind and turned to the girl and said, "I like the book of Job the most" said the Pope. "But why?", asked the girl. "Because capitalism creates massive unemployment as no one can earn a decent living these days".
I did 8 years of Catholic school and the Bible was Never a part of the curriculum. It`s a book written by men in an ancient time. "Slaves, obey your masters", the book tells us. The Pope and I are both anti-slavery.

I did 8 years of Catholic school and the Bible was Never a part of the curriculum. It`s a book written by men in an ancient time. "Slaves, obey your masters", the book tells us. The Pope and I are both anti-slavery.

Lie harder.

I'd have to guess that all the years of drug abuse between your -- ahem -- "Catholic education" -- cough, cough -- and the present day have numbed the noggin considerably.

Lie harder.

I'd have to guess that all the years of drug abuse between your -- ahem -- "Catholic education" -- cough, cough -- and the present day have numbed the noggin considerably.

We learned the Catholic Catechism, not the Bible. I was there and you were not and it was your good fortune not to be taught by nuns in the 60s. They would have kicked your dumb ass up and down the aisles on a daily basis. They had a low tolerance for stupid people.

It does say that because Slavery was a reality...and America had not yet come about ..you realize that don't you? Slavery was a reality..and a slave who obeyed and did well by his master was treated better than one that did not. The Bible also wanted slave owners to treat their slaves well and free them. God abhors slavery.

We learned the Catholic Catechism, not the Bible. I was there and you were not and it was your good fortune not to be taught by nuns in the 60s. They would have kicked your dumb ass up and down the aisles on a daily basis. They had a low tolerance for stupid people.
obviously youve yet to read it. Your dislike of catholic nuns has turned you off of the actual word of God?

View attachment 869953

Wow. This is what you right-wing nuts consider humorous? No wonder you guys are angry all the time.

Wow. This is what you right-wing nuts consider humorous? No wonder you guys are angry all the time.
Left wingers are angry all the time too anymore. I can't even tell the difference between right and left wingers save for the names and labels they use. It seems most people are just angry.

obviously youve yet to read it. Your dislike of catholic nuns has turned you off of the actual word of God?
These were Real nuns, the black and whites. I let bygones be bygones over 50 years ago and I still attend church every Sunday. I don`t need to read a book to know right from wrong. We don`t know if there really is a God and what his words would be.

These were Real nuns, the black and whites. I let bygones be bygones over 50 years ago and I still attend church every Sunday. I don`t need to read a book to know right from wrong. We don`t know if there really is a God and what his words would be.
I like your outlook. I have always found it immeasurably arrogant for humans to believe they know the will of God. Religion in general seems to have an unmitigated arrogance about God and the role of humans in the universe.

Yeah.

We know you.

And that you don't find it important says everything we ever needed to know about you.

Thank you.

Retard. You do realize that this did not actually happen. Supposed to be a joke. Hence in the Satire section.

Or, maybe not. You are a retard, after all. :itsok:

Retard. You do realize that this did not actually happen. Supposed to be a joke. Hence in the Satire section.

Or, maybe not. You are a retard, after all. :itsok:

Sure thing.

Thanks for dropping in and making my day complete by hurling your cute little second grade insult at me.

This place would never be the same without it.

Sure thing.

Thanks for dropping in and making my day complete by hurling your cute little second grade insult at me.

This place would never be the same without it.

You thought I was insulting you? Nah, just stating facts.

What do you call a guy who takes a joke seriously? Retard, comes to mind but I'm open to suggestions. :itsok:

You and the Pope can remain antislavery then.

Stix and stones baby!!

The rest of Christendom however, will continue their slave trade without you..

Mind your own beezwax!!!

Speaking of which, do you know of anyone who might be Interested in a Palestinian slave I picked up last week from Bibi? He will be on the old trading block tomorrow in Charleston SC.

:auiqs.jpg:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back