Even the Pope is sick of the religious right

Crepitus

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2018

Pope forcibly removes leading US conservative, Texas bishop Strickland

Pope Francis on Saturday forcibly removed from office the bishop of Tyler, Texas, a conservative active on social media who has been a fierce critic of the pontiff and some of his priorities.

A one-line statement from the Vatican said Francis had “relieved” Bishop Joseph Strickland of the pastoral governance of Tyler and appointed the bishop of Austin as the temporary administrator.

Strickland, 65, has emerged as a critic of Francis, accusing him in a tweet earlier this year of “undermining the deposit of faith.” He has been particularly critical of Francis’ recent meeting on the future of the Catholic Church during which hot-button issues were discussed, including ways to better welcome LGBTQ+ Catholics.

The Vatican earlier this year sent in investigators to look into his governance of the diocese, amid reports he was making doctrinally unorthodox claims.

Conservatism is a creeping illness that can even infect the most dedicated humanitarians.

Or, on the other hand, most American Catholics think that the current Pope is a Leftist ("Revolution Theology") who is more concerned about "social justice" than preaching the Gospel. This is the guy who asked, "Who am I to judge?" when speaking of homosexual sodomy.

For the record, there is no such thing as "social justice." Justice can only pertain to individuals.

Or, on the other hand, most American Catholics think that the current Pope is a Leftist ("Revolution Theology") who is more concerned about "social justice" than preaching the Gospel. This is the guy who asked, "Who am I to judge?" when speaking of homosexual sodomy.

For the record, there is no such thing as "social justice." Justice can only pertain to individuals.
I think it's important to separate the person from the deed. Just because someone was born with gay tendencies doesn't mean he acts on them. Very much the same as an alcoholic.
Francis' actual quote was: “If someone is gay and he searches for the Lord and has good will, who am I to judge?” I totally agree with that. The problem is the atheist Marxist media blows that up to say "Pope approves of gay behavior" which is untrue. The media does this to stoke division in the Catholic Church.

This isn't to say I am uncritical of this pope. I don't like that he blasts and unseats conservatives. But I will say once again, the atheist media exaggerates some things he says and puts words into his mouth.

Conservatism is a creeping illness that can even infect the most dedicated humanitarians.
BTW no one was more conservative (by your definition) than JPII and Pope Benedict.
The present Pope is a Jesuit and even in his own order you are considered wrong by both sides :)

BTW again, do you know canon law, there is NO forcible removal. IN fact removal is not even what is done

"even the Roman Pontiff can deprive the bishop of office ONLY in response to an ecclesiastical “crime”—a clear offense against a defined provision of canon law. Such canonical proceedings are confidential, so we do not know exactly what offenses were cited. "

AND YOU SEEM UNAWARE OF THE PROCESS ITSELF
"In some particular circumstances, the competent authority can consider it necessary to ask a bishop to present his resignation from pastoral office, after having made known the reasons for the request and listening carefully to the reasons, in fraternal dialogue."

This rescript does little more than put in writing what popes have been doing. But it is noteworthy that it avoids language like "fire" or "dismiss"; rather, it speaks of "inviting" or "asking" a bishop to "offer his resignation." It also requires that the "reasons for the request" be made known to the bishop and the process involve a "fraternal dialogue."

In reality, bishops are not fired, but talked into resigning.

I love Strickland. He tells it like it is. I am hopeful the next pope will be from Africa. Conservatism is the essence of the true church. It is also the most compassionate.
I have been hopeful of an African Pope for a long time. This will smoke out all the fake liberals, and I think most liberals who speak on religious matters are trying to avoid Freedom of Religion, just something a couple of decades made me see :)

I have been hopeful of an African Pope for a long time. This will smoke out all the fake liberals, and I think most liberals who speak on religious matters are trying to avoid Freedom of Religion, just something a couple of decades made me see :)
What if the "African" pope is against colonialism and encourages African countries to do more nationalization of their resources?

Like, what if it this "African" pope is like a Desmond Tutu?

"In more recent years Tutu has become known for his strong advocacy on issues of sexuality, in particular the rights of lesbian and gay people. For instance, in 2013, he made global headlines with the clear and succinct statement, in typical Tutu fashion, that he: "would rather go to hell than to a homophobic heaven"

Hopefully that "African" pope would be a more evangelical type and wish death on gay people like Jesus taught (even tho he didn't).

not a christians.jpg

It took nearly two millennia for the enemies of the Catholic Church to realize they could not successfully attack the Church from the outside. Indeed, countless nemeses from Nero to Napoleon succeeded only in creating sympathy and martyrs for our Catholic Faith.
That all changed in the mid-19th century, when clandestine societies populated by Modernists and Marxists hatched a plan to subvert the Catholic Church from within. Their goal: to change Her doctrine, Her liturgy, and Her mission.
In this captivating and carefully documented book, Dr. Taylor Marshall pulls back the curtain on their nefarious plan, showing how these enemies of Christ strategically infiltrated the seminaries, then the priesthood, then the episcopacy, and eventually the cardinal-electors all with the eventual goal of electing one of their own as pope.
You'll come to see that the seemingly endless scandals plaguing the Church are not the result, as so many think, of cultural changes, or of Vatican II, but rather the natural consequences of an orchestrated demonic plot to destroy the Church.
In this gripping audio, you ll discover:
  • How popes of the 1800s discovered a plot to infiltrate the Church
  • How theologians suspected of being Modernists became Vatican powerbrokers.
  • How modifications in Catholic canon law enabled predator priests like Theodore McCarrick to stay in positions of power.
  • How Our Lady of La Salette gave a prophetic warning of the plot to infiltrate the Church.
  • How the chief architect of liturgical reforms was discovered to be a Freemason.
  • Archbishop Fulton Sheen s role in exposing the Communist infiltration of the priesthood.
  • How the confusing history of the Third Secret of Fatima relates to the infiltration of the Catholic Church.
  • That Pope Paul VI explained that Vatican II was not infallible.
  • How Pope Paul VI revoked the voting rights of cardinals over 80, thus guaranteeing that all voting cardinals were appointed by him.
  • How the criteria for sainthood shifted from a person s historical acts to his personal beliefs.
  • The complex roots of the St. Gallen Mafia and how they plotted to modify Catholic doctrine and elect Pope Francis.
https://www.amazon.com/Infiltration-Plot-Destroy-Church-Within/dp/B07T91WN3K/ref=sr_1_1?crid=1MTTO1US2AGUL&keywords=infiltration+taylor+marshall&qid=1699716044&sprefix=infiltration%2Caps%2C124&sr=8-1

Forum List

Back