Can't the popularity of Fox News be explained by the distribution of intelligence of the population?

Actually being informed is more important than I.Q.

Fox News is not relevant to either of those concepts.
Most of the youth vote are the most misinformed voters in America. If they watch the Daily Show or MSNBC they tend to not even hear about world events. Many couldn't even remember who the VP was or the Speaker of the House, didn't know a thing about ISIS, and he serious problems understanding current events.

I promise you "the youth" are not watching MSNBC. Hopefully not Fox News either.
If they did they wouldn't be so misinformed.

MSNBC is crap. Fox simply presents the news in an entertaining manner. So does the Daily Show, only Fox doesn't intentionally misrepresent events.

Well this is going nowhere.

For the record my eyes just rolled so far back into my head I may never be able to turn them back around.

Most of the youth vote are the most misinformed voters in America. If they watch the Daily Show or MSNBC they tend to not even hear about world events. Many couldn't even remember who the VP was or the Speaker of the House, didn't know a thing about ISIS, and he serious problems understanding current events.

I promise you "the youth" are not watching MSNBC. Hopefully not Fox News either.

MSNBC is crap. Fox simply presents the news in an entertaining manner. So does the Daily Show, only Fox doesn't intentionally misrepresent events.

For the record my eyes just rolled so far back into my head I may never be able to turn them back around.
Well, up the dosage then.

This is the first time I can remember that a political party decided that demonizing a news organization was the way to go. Your attitude is essentially the byproduct of that effort.

This is the first time I can remember that a political party decided that demonizing a news organization was the way to go. Your attitude is essentially the byproduct of that effort.

You do realize that your party has demonized EVERY news organization and by doing so have managed to create a single, efficient mouthpiece to control the thinking of their constituents. There is NO second opinion for conservatives because Fox News has the monopoly.

Rush Limbaugh calls the democrats "low information voters", now all the democrats liberals are here proving they are of low intelligence by stealing from Rush.

I guess it's smart to steal from the best.

See, the average IQ is 100. That means most people who watch the news are of average intelligence or below. These people tend to turn to Fox News which is a network that puts everything in simple black and white terms: Obama is 100% incompetent and republicans are 100% blameless. It does not overload viewers with too many pesky facts or nuance. Everything is simplified. This, of course, will attract dumb/average people. That, to me, explains why such bullshit propaganda is so popular: too many sheep watch it.

Fox slants the news for their viewers as does MSNBC. The reason they have more viewers is that America has become a land of victims and what could be more popular than someone who stands in opposition to your supposed oppressors?

You do realize that your party has demonized EVERY news organization and by doing so have managed to create a single, efficient mouthpiece to control the thinking of their constituents. There is NO second opinion for conservatives because Fox News has the monopoly.
Yeah, and you're a God Damned liar too.

Just like Nazis and other tyrants throughout history the greatest fear modern American liberal's have is... freedom of information. That's why they promote insane federal laws like "hush Rush" that restrict information and that's why they continually harp on a single news network when they have a dozen propaganda sources that nobody apparently trusts anymore.

To Republicans, Fox is an unbiased and reliable source of important news.

To the rest of the world, Fox is a laugh out loud joke with the most ignorant and idiotic followers.

I guess it's all a matter of perspective.

Forum List

Back