Zone1 Biden commemorates the 80th anniversary of the repeal of the Chinese Exclusion Act

What I mean by "Oriental" is China, and nations that learned civilization from China, specifically Korea, Japan, and Vietnam. I do not use the word "Oriental" as a term of derogation, because I prefer Orientals to people of my own race.
I understand and am not judging.

The adjective oriental, which carries strong associations with colonialism and with language that others and exoticizes, is usually considered offensive when used by non-Asian people to describe people of various Asian identities. Its use to describe elements of Asian culture”

Definition of ORIENTAL

https://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=112465167

The term ‘Oriental’ is outdated, but is it racist?

I understand and am not judging.

The adjective oriental, which carries strong associations with colonialism and with language that others and exoticizes, is usually considered offensive when used by non-Asian people to describe people of various Asian identities. Its use to describe elements of Asian culture”

Definition of ORIENTAL

https://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=112465167

The term ‘Oriental’ is outdated, but is it racist?
Once on Quora I asked if "Oriental" is a derogatory term. None of the Orientals who responded said that it is. One Oriental was surprised by the question.

I have even been told that I am not supposed to use the word "Negro" any more, even though Martin Luther King, Jr. used if fifteen times in his "I have a dream" speech.

I am not supposed to use the term "colored people," although "people of color" is approved of. Nevertheless, NAACP means "National Association for the Advancement of Colored People." They have not changed their name yet.

Who makes up these rules, and why am I supposed to obey them? I was never consulted.

I am a white Gentile of European ancestry. I prefer Orientals to people of my own race.

I learned that Orientals existed when I was six or seven. I watched a television documentary on Japanese school children. I remember thinking, "Some white girls are pretty. Some are not. All Japanese girls are pretty. I soon learned that Chinese girls look just as pretty.

Oriental women are more feminine than white women. That is probably because they have less testosterone.

I have even been told that I am not supposed to use the word "Negro" any more, even though Martin Luther King, Jr. used if fifteen times in his "I have a dream" speech.

The political left doesn’t believe in MLK’s message any more. He has basically been stealth canceled.

The UNCF sure doesn’t give the word a prominent place on its website. United Negro College Fund Home Page - UNCF

Meanwhile, just hours ago on Fox News…

“Annual Mayor's Masked Ball raises $4M for United Negro College Fund” Annual Mayor's Masked Ball raises $4M for United Negro College Fund
I am not supposed to use the term "colored people," although "people of color" is approved of. Nevertheless, NAACP means "National Association for the Advancement of Colored People." They have not changed their name yet.
Good luck using “colored people”. 10 years from now “people of color” will be super offensive. Victim status must be maintained by always finding something new to be offended by.

I am a white Gentile of European ancestry. I prefer Orientals to people of my own race.
I agree with much of what you are saying. This is just dumb though. Not because Asians aren’t super cool but because having a preference for one race over another is the same position that every racist ever has had. Even if you are not favoring your own race.

Judge a man not by the color of his skin, but by the content of his character.” - MLK
All Japanese girls are pretty. I soon learned that Chinese girls look just as pretty.

Oriental women are more feminine than white women. That is probably because they have less testosterone.

I don’t know about the T thing but Asian women are indeed beautiful.

we have a considerably less than one standard deviation difference between Asian IQ — North Asian IQ — and white IQ. I think that, too, is a result of genetics, and I think that that is what explains the dominance of Asians in certain fields, and their lower rates of illegitimacy compared to whites, their lower crime rates, their better achievement in school, their higher average incomes...

East Asians have a mean IQ of 105, which is only 5 points above the European average. People need to stop whining about the minute difference. East Asians may be better at taking exams but not all of them are smart. Their higher average incomes in America cannot be attributed to the IQ gap. Only elite Asians with money can immigrate legally to the US, excluding the working class.

Last edited:
And Joe would know, he was there for the original signing of it into law. :smoke:

There goes Capt. Bedpan yet again, extolling and advocating for everyone and anything on this planet but plain old Joe Taxpayer.
Chinese Americans pay taxes.

Forum List

Back