Can you accept that Man is greater than God?

Well I would assume a creator would be better than his creation, but I guess anything is possible. Not likely tho

Have you bought into the supernatural creator God myth?

Which God and do you see that God as moral if it is the genocidal son murderer of the bible, Yahweh?

Regards
DL

You follow secular law and do not try to have your barbaric God's laws be the law of the land and that belief your view of your genocidal son murdering God's laws as being better than secular law.

Didn't say anything about me being a fan of Theocracy. Only govt I recognize IS a secular Govt. But I'm not willing to let them take my freedom or family sovereignty.

If you're all for stepping up to the greater good -- that's done ALL THE TIME without the force of man and the state. As in our volunteer military.. But I have no idea why you're all pissy about God testing Abraham with sacrificing his son. Govt USED to do that when the military was by draft. Testing families by TAKING their sons without the son's approval or the family consent.

THe 4 examples I pulled from your OP are just plain confused and wrong. And you ignore the bigger issue of which ARROGANT and IMPERFECT leaders do YOU trust to muck around in making MORAL/ETHICAL/FAMILY life decisions? Where's the competition to a simple ass Biblical Code? Name some names of the "annointed" that you trust to replace a Higher Authority. Be it as in God -- or simply as a belief in Natural Law that supercedes the faulty arrogant decisions of mere mortal men.

@Jeremiah (that's not her name now but I can't remember it) told me that even though I try to help the homeless, work with animals and more, that I am "wicked" and will burn in hell forever. You guys believe in some sick shit. Even ISIS only burns their victims for a short time and then allows them to die.
Because "helping" the homeless and "working" with animals is not the key to entering Heaven. You're like a small child who wonders why the plastic key to his powerwheel won't unlock the neighbors Lamborghini.

You're smug and arrogant and have decided for yourself what constitutes worthiness for heaven because doing so absolves you of having to put in the real work. Which is typical of progressives. Everything they do is aimed at avoiding work and getting what they want the easy way.

Let me ask you and Luddly and anyone else who cares to answer: what is so Goddamn hard about live and let live when it comes to God and religion? It's no skin off your ass if somebody is a Christian, why do you have to be such an a-hole?

Because it takes an A hole to make A holes recognize they are being A holes.

Why do we fight the evils of religions, ask any gay or woman or anyone with a moral sense.

Both Christianity and Islam have basically developed into intolerant, homophobic and misogynous religions. Both religions have grown themselves by the sword instead of good deeds and continue with their immoral ways in spite of secular law showing them the moral ways.

Jesus said we would know his people by their works and deeds. That means Jesus would not recognize Christians and Muslims as his people, and neither do I. Jesus would call Christianity and Islam abominations.

Gnostic Christians did in the past, and I am proudly continuing that tradition and honest irrefutable evaluation based on morality.

Now tell us why you are trying to protect such vile religions.

Regards
DL
The depth of your ignorance about Christianity is only exceeded by the stupidity resulting from that ignorance.

We place the lives of our wives and families above our own. God does not.

We would cure instead of kill. God kills.

We do not torture babies. God does.

We believe in freedom. God does not.

Don't even know what the 1st claim above means. But all the rest -- are meaningless unless you define "WE".. If "WE" = atheists -- those statements are blatantly false.

NOBODY should depend on the laws of man to be fair or reasonable. History proved that time and time again. The laws of God are "fairer". If you're in a concentration camp or living in a bombed out city like Raqqa Syria -- you're NOT turning to your god of "WE" for fairness and to validate your INNATE God given freedom and Liberty.

Trust me on that.

Trust you. LOL.

Not when you show so little wisdom or knowledge.

You questioned what this means.

"We place the lives of our wives and families above our own. God does not."

If you decided a human sacrifice from your family was required for some great purpose, would you step up or would you send your child to die?

If you are a normal parent, you will step up as you will see that as the moral and right thing to do.

Your God did the opposite so if you did the moral thing, your God obviously did the immoral thing.

You follow secular law and do not try to have your barbaric God's laws be the law of the land and that belief your view of your genocidal son murdering God's laws as being better than secular law.

Regards
DL

Perhaps you can tell me a law - any law - that doesn't have a basis in the Ten Commandments. Just pick one ---- "secular" law is a myth.

Can you accept that there's a 99% chance there's NO god?
No, but I'm pretty comfortable with the 100% belief there IS a God.

Which God, and if the bible God, why do you like a genocidal son murdering God?

Regards
DL
I like a God who establishes the guidelines by which to attain entry into Heaven, and I like a God who is adamant about the guidelines.

Your comment is rooted in ignorance, and fertilized with bullshit spread by the left.

Well I would assume a creator would be better than his creation, but I guess anything is possible. Not likely tho

Which God and do you see that God as moral if it is the genocidal son murderer of the bible, Yahweh?

Regards
DL

Why pose a question about God if you don't even believe?

Don't even know what the 1st claim above means. But all the rest -- are meaningless unless you define "WE".. If "WE" = atheists -- those statements are blatantly false.

NOBODY should depend on the laws of man to be fair or reasonable. History proved that time and time again. The laws of God are "fairer". If you're in a concentration camp or living in a bombed out city like Raqqa Syria -- you're NOT turning to your god of "WE" for fairness and to validate your INNATE God given freedom and Liberty.

Trust me on that.
The bolded : I dont see how that is even possible.

Fairer than mere men? Of course they are. Otherwise L'il Kimchee in NK wouldn't be a god making his country into starving dwarves. God's Commandments fit on a couple of ole stones. MAN'S commandments are too voluminous to fit on your computer.

Which men/women do you TRUST making your moral/ethical decisions for YOU??

And what I ADMIRE about people of faith is that they know HUMILITY. That's a key to peaceful societies. When they RECOGNIZE how humans fail on consistency, total knowledge and wisdom. HUMILITY is a beautiful thing. And the only way to REALLY get it --- it to recognize SOME kind of higher power that guarantees your freedom and liberties. The Founders put it exactly THAT way. They were very humble men. And they recognized how defective man-made law was. I'm a "Natural Law" spiritualist. Not much different to what they believed.

Who are the most arrogant people you know? Don't they want to make all your decisions FOR you? Are they annoying or not? HUMBLE people use power wisely... Especially POLITICAL power...
IDK man.. The "morality" of the bible isnt very moral. Genocide, tyranny, complete obedience, inconsistency etc.

Didn't say anything about me being a fan of Theocracy. Only govt I recognize IS a secular Govt. But I'm not willing to let them take my freedom or family sovereignty.

If you're all for stepping up to the greater good -- that's done ALL THE TIME without the force of man and the state. As in our volunteer military.. But I have no idea why you're all pissy about God testing Abraham with sacrificing his son. Govt USED to do that when the military was by draft. Testing families by TAKING their sons without the son's approval or the family consent.

THe 4 examples I pulled from your OP are just plain confused and wrong. And you ignore the bigger issue of which ARROGANT and IMPERFECT leaders do YOU trust to muck around in making MORAL/ETHICAL/FAMILY life decisions? Where's the competition to a simple ass Biblical Code? Name some names of the "annointed" that you trust to replace a Higher Authority. Be it as in God -- or simply as a belief in Natural Law that supercedes the faulty arrogant decisions of mere mortal men.

Following any living man, that can be argued or have discussions on his policy is better than following the dictates of an invisible guy in the sky.

That God is the lowest authority. Not the highest.

Mortal men, as Jesus said, are the light of the world.

Why do you fear to show your light and look for the light of an imaginary man made God?

If you recognize natural law, you might note that God goes against that with having Jesus needlessly murdered.

Regards
DL

Let me ask you and Luddly and anyone else who cares to answer: what is so Goddamn hard about live and let live when it comes to God and religion? It's no skin off your ass if somebody is a Christian, why do you have to be such an a-hole?

Because it takes an A hole to make A holes recognize they are being A holes.

Why do we fight the evils of religions, ask any gay or woman or anyone with a moral sense.

Both Christianity and Islam have basically developed into intolerant, homophobic and misogynous religions. Both religions have grown themselves by the sword instead of good deeds and continue with their immoral ways in spite of secular law showing them the moral ways.

Jesus said we would know his people by their works and deeds. That means Jesus would not recognize Christians and Muslims as his people, and neither do I. Jesus would call Christianity and Islam abominations.

Gnostic Christians did in the past, and I am proudly continuing that tradition and honest irrefutable evaluation based on morality.

Now tell us why you are trying to protect such vile religions.

Regards
DL
The depth of your ignorance about Christianity is only exceeded by the stupidity resulting from that ignorance.

You should check on your anger management.

Just because you cannot form an argument against a premise, you should not get so angry. Bully.

Do try to follow your bible.

Proverbs 3:12 For whom the Lord loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth.

Chastisement without correction just shows the hate in your miserable heart.

Regards
DL

Trust me on that.

Trust you. LOL.

If you decided a human sacrifice from your family was required for some great purpose, would you step up or would you send your child to die?

If you are a normal parent, you will step up as you will see that as the moral and right thing to do.

Your God did the opposite so if you did the moral thing, your God obviously did the immoral thing.

Regards
DL

Perhaps you can tell me a law - any law - that doesn't have a basis in the Ten Commandments. Just pick one ---- "secular" law is a myth.

Anti-slavery laws.

Regards
DL

Can you accept that there's a 99% chance there's NO god?
No, but I'm pretty comfortable with the 100% belief there IS a God.

Which God, and if the bible God, why do you like a genocidal son murdering God?

Regards
DL
I like a God who establishes the guidelines by which to attain entry into Heaven, and I like a God who is adamant about the guidelines.

Your comment is rooted in ignorance, and fertilized with bullshit spread by the left.

Yes, I see that you are brain dead and want some invisible guy in the sky to guide your every move.

Typical brain dead sheeple.

Regards
DL

Trust me on that.

Trust you. LOL.

Regards
DL

So no laws existed before the 10 Commandments? Interesting. I guess all those court documents about ancient egypt was a ruse.

Regards
DL

Why pose a question about God if you don't even believe?

Because, both Christianity and Islam have basically developed into intolerant, homophobic and misogynous religions. Both religions have grown themselves by the sword instead of good deeds and continue with their immoral ways in spite of secular law showing them the moral ways.

Regards
DL

Trust me on that.

Trust you. LOL.

Regards
DL

So no laws existed before the 10 Commandments? Interesting. I guess all those court documents about ancient egypt was a ruse.

There is almost nothing original in the Christian dogma and tradition.

Christianity plagiarized from most of the older traditions of those days.

They just did a poor copy past job.

Regards
DL

From a true Christian perspective all these arguments don't wash as the Christian premise is the God alone is perfect so our idea of morality means squat

Trust me on that.

Trust you. LOL.

Regards
DL

There is almost nothing original in the Christian dogma and tradition.

Christianity plagiarized from most of the older traditions of those days.

They just did a poor copy past job.

Regards
DL

Oh gosh lol dont get me started on that!

From a true Christian perspective all these arguments don't wash as the Christian premise is the God alone is perfect so our idea of morality means squat
then why did he make poisonous spiders?

then why did he make poisonous spiders?
Christians believe that all that is bad/evil in the world was caused by original sin.

They believe if Adam and Eve had not disobeyed God, we would be in a perfect world

Forum List

Back