Can the US intercept missiles?

No missiles arrived 'afterwards'.
I am not about missiles. I am about the military personnel which returned to the base after bombing and which should have found the bodies of those presumably killed.
The Iranian backed militias claim the injured and dead were removed quickly in helicopters.
So, how these militias were able to count
them? And why didn't they make any photos?
They didn´t count. They reported "at least 80 dead".

Imagine the value of the footage of such casualties.
The Iranian terrorist groups would be running that video non-stop.
Doesn't exist.
Sorry, comrade.
The fact that Iran can attack US bases without consequences is a major victory for Iran.
That is what is ignored in the US. Trump gambled and bluffed. It is actually a major humiliation.

I am not about missiles. I am about the military personnel which returned to the base after bombing and which should have found the bodies of those presumably killed.
The Iranian backed militias claim the injured and dead were removed quickly in helicopters.

Doesn't exist.
Sorry, comrade.
The fact that Iran can attack US bases without consequences is a major victory for Iran.
That is what is ignored in the US. Trump gambled and bluffed. It is actually a major humiliation.

I'll trade killing major leaders of Iranian terror groups for ballistic missile strikes that don't hit anything or kill anyone, every day of the week.

The only real question left is....did they miss on purpose or did their Russian bought missiles just suck?

It is actually a major humiliation.

81552255_2700838949999755_304247460249731072_n.jpg

On the other hand...…..

Doesn't exist.
Sorry, comrade.

I'll trade killing major leaders of Iranian terror groups for ballistic missile strikes that don't hit anything or kill anyone, every day of the week.

The only real question left is....did they miss on purpose or did their Russian bought missiles just suck?

On the other hand...…..
The killing of Soleimani was nothing but terrorism.

Doesn't exist.
Sorry, comrade.

On the other hand...…..
The killing of Soleimani was nothing but terrorism.

Are you sad when terrorists are blown up?

Trump receiving Iranian missiles could turn out to be a major game changer on the world stage. Not only are there no reactions but also no missiles were intercepted.
Trump could not react to the Iranian retaliation without exposing 5000 more US troops to Iranian attacks.

I've mentioned this a few times only to receive laughable response. Think I even asked about it on the night it happened. Good question. If missile defense systems can't stop tens of missiles, what are we gonna do when they have to stop hundreds?

Doesn't exist.
Sorry, comrade.
That is one point of view.
Another one is that the US allowed the situation to de-escalate by saving the Iraninan regime's faces with little damage and no casualities.

Well, the casualities were afterwards. When those idiots shot down a Ukrainian jet with mostly Iranians on board.

Doesn't exist.
Sorry, comrade.
Another one is that the US allowed the situation to de-escalate by saving the Iraninan regime's faces with little damage and no casualities.

Well, the casualities were afterwards. When those idiots shot down a Ukrainian jet with mostly Iranians on board.
But killing Soleimani doesn´t sound like de-escalation. They simply didn´t expect an Iranian response.

Doesn't exist.
Sorry, comrade.

But killing Soleimani doesn´t sound like de-escalation. They simply didn´t expect an Iranian response.

But killing Soleimani doesn´t sound like de-escalation.

They've been attacking our soldiers for years.
And now our embassy. That doesn't sound like de-escalation.

Doesn't exist.
Sorry, comrade.

De-escalation after the killing of Suleimani.

Of course they expected. Moreover, it virtually were Iranians themselves who warned them through the Iraqis.

You forgot the 179 dead Ukrainians. Too bad all the dead were all non-Americans. Funny how all those Ukrainians were visiting Iran. Hopefully no one Joe Biden knows.
There were 9 Ukrainian crew members, and 2 among the passengers.
The majority of victims were the citizens of Iran and Canada.
And I don't know how it is appropriate to use the word 'funny' in this context.

What a funny coincidence, that there are almost 200 Iranians and Canadians all flying to Ukraine, Joe Biden loves Ukraine, and now the Iranian Lt. Governor of Washington has a bunch of Iranian friends traveling back and forth to Canada who doesn't want them stopped and questioned!

The Lieutenant Governor of Washington state was born in Baltimore.
[
So what? I never said he wasn't American. Just an Iranian-American.

Yes, you did. I put it in red text. Don't you even read what you wrote?

Being born in the US makes him an American.

You forgot the 179 dead Ukrainians. Too bad all the dead were all non-Americans. Funny how all those Ukrainians were visiting Iran. Hopefully no one Joe Biden knows.

What a funny coincidence, that there are almost 200 Iranians and Canadians all flying to Ukraine, Joe Biden loves Ukraine, and now the Iranian Lt. Governor of Washington has a bunch of Iranian friends traveling back and forth to Canada who doesn't want them stopped and questioned!

[

Apparently you don't. I just posted an entire thread dedicated to the other guy the other day.

Lt. Gov. Habib Insulted We Are Giving Iranians Extra Scrutiny?

The guy is of iranian decent, just as I am german. That makes him Iranian, whether he's born there or not. I could be born in Iran, but I'm not of Persian decent. But unlike him, I put America first, I don't go around putting what is best for my other iranian friends ahead of the country.

[

Apparently you don't. I just posted an entire thread dedicated to the other guy the other day.

Lt. Gov. Habib Insulted We Are Giving Iranians Extra Scrutiny?

The guy is of iranian decent, just as I am german. That makes him Iranian, whether he's born there or not. I could be born in Iran, but I'm not of Persian decent. But unlike him, I put America first, I don't go around putting what is best for my other iranian friends ahead of the country.

Now, you have it right!

The rest of your post is garbage.

There are possible explanations for why the missiles were not intercepted:

Two types were used, the Fateh 313, that could have avoided interception with a high velocity and Qiam, that has a small radar signature and possibly has electronic measures that apply a "ghost missile" for the hostile radar.

Análisis revela por qué EEUU no pudo interceptar misiles de Irán
A question remains whether there was an order to intercept the missiles. I think there wasn't.

Two types were used, the Fateh 313, that could have avoided interception with a high velocity and Qiam, that has a small radar signature and possibly has electronic measures that apply a "ghost missile" for the hostile radar.

A question remains whether there was an order to intercept the missiles. I think there wasn't.

Because of the location of those bases, there was no missile defense system in place at the time of the attack. You could order an intercept, but if you had no equipment to do it, how would that work?

Because of the location of those bases, there was no missile defense system in place at the time of the attack. You could order an intercept, but if you had no equipment to do it, how would that work?
Well, of course if there weren't these systems there, then such an order would be meaningless.

But my point wasn't about that. Let's imagine, if there were such systems and they intercepted all Iranian missiles (or the vast majority),) then what would have happened? The Iranian regime wouldn't be satisfied and they would seek another way for revenge. This could lead to another attacks and further escalation.

And what we have now? All are satisfied. The US got rid of powerful enemy with insignificant backlash; the Iranian regime was able to save their face.

If the was a possibility for such an order, it may well be that it wouldn't be given.

Well, of course if there weren't these systems there, then such an order would be meaningless.

But my point wasn't about that. Let's imagine, if there were such systems and they intercepted all Iranian missiles (or the vast majority),) then what would have happened? The Iranian regime wouldn't be satisfied and they would seek another way for revenge. This could lead to another attacks and further escalation.

And what we have now? All are satisfied. The US got rid of powerful enemy with insignificant backlash; the Iranian regime was able to save their face.

If the was a possibility for such an order, it may well be that it wouldn't be given.

Why would the Iranians not be satisfied that their weapons were intercepted vice the fact that they did very little damage and caused no casualties?

The result would be exactly the same. All you have is a speculation that Trump would knowingly sacrifice troops lives? Is that what you are really asking?

No, not a chance in hell.

Forum List

Back