Can someone please explain to me the lefts obsession with masks?

Well, this may come as a shock to you but we are in the middle of a global pandemic. There is a disease called covid 19 that has killed hundreds of thousands of people and sickened millions. The masks have been proven to reduce the transmission of the virus, slowing the progression of the disease.

Strange that you haven't heard of it. This has been headlines for months on end, the subject of briefings, press conferences, TV specials, and so on. You really should get the out of the RWNJ "news" bubble occasionally and see what's really happening.
Most of the homemade cloth masks the public is wearing are not water resistant or worn correctly. So really they are of minimal help. Although they may make you feel better. And they are only selectively enforced.
Lol, every little bit helps, and selective enforcement is on you damn tRumplings.
Democratic states have allowed a 79 day riot in the middle of a pandemic. They are clearly not concerned about COVID. So spare me...
"Allowed"?

Please try to be serious.
Yes allowed. Police have been ordered to stand down. NG refused and vandals and arsonists let go without charges filed.
Lol, you have yet to show a 79 day "riot" even took place.

Lmao.

I would invite you to my place LMAO to stand on my roof to listen for gun fire and watch people go down------but I am in
LOCKDOWN and not "receiving". Actually----my neighborhood has

endemic rioting for the past 30 years---but the viral epidemic has rendered even the endemic situation
VIRAL

Now...I already know they are selective with enforcement ( and the politicians and media only wear them on camera). And ...be serious...the nursing home fiasco proves they don’t really care about the elderly. I’m finding it hard to believe that they are that concerned over all. What is the political point? What does it prove? Anyone?
This post proves your ignorance of simple biology and your willingness to replace science with identity politics.....or, you could be a Russian bot.
The lefts obsession with masks IS based on identity politics. If it wasn’t...they wouldn’t exempt the rioters because of their skin color.
And your point is you’re going to side with a collection of stupid people instead of science ? Being dumb is Result of identity politics. Why else would you think you are smarter then every medical research facility in The world. You get your news from Fix and the check out mags.
Did science tell Democrats it was a good idea to house a risk group with infected patients? The left only claims “ science” when it’s convenient.
Because you know so little about science, everything you say is suspect self serving and out of context. You find one example that confuses you and suddenly you’re an expert. Amazing.
Are you really claiming that the lefts selective enforcement of masks is based on science?
Yeah, it cuts down on globull warming.
You sure. Wearing masks makes my sunglasses fog up...you know since they are so effective and all.

it is the vapor you exhale----try not to breathe
Right ...vapor that is escaping the mask.
If water vapor is escaping your mask and the virus is 0.5 microns is size (much smaller than water) how is the mask stopping it? It isn't. The only thing a mask does is slow large droplet transmission. That is why it is less than 30% effective. Your wearing the mask is only effective if you are the one sick. It does nothing to protect you on inhalation.

Well, this may come as a shock to you but we are in the middle of a global pandemic. There is a disease called covid 19 that has killed hundreds of thousands of people and sickened millions. The masks have been proven to reduce the transmission of the virus, slowing the progression of the disease.

Strange that you haven't heard of it. This has been headlines for months on end, the subject of briefings, press conferences, TV specials, and so on. You really should get the out of the RWNJ "news" bubble occasionally and see what's really happening.
Most of the homemade cloth masks the public is wearing are not water resistant or worn correctly. So really they are of minimal help. Although they may make you feel better. And they are only selectively enforced.
Lol, every little bit helps, and selective enforcement is on you damn tRumplings.
Hydroxychloroquine works too
when used early in the disease progression it sure does.. The drug combo is over 91% effective when used early.
Please stop spreading misinformation. You are going to get people killed.
Not according to science
You're a tRumpling. You wouldn't recognize science if I wrapped it around a wet fish and slapped you with it.
Your killing people to win an election.. karma is Haunting
This thread started out ridiculously stupid and has now degenerated to abysmally stupid.

Congratulations.
Only because you don’t like their opinions.

Wearing a mask is not a political test it is an I.Q. test.

Oh? Show us a single study that shows any sort of real benefit for wearing them. Then come up with another study that shows wearing them outdoors is better than letting the Sunlight do its job.

UV radiation from the Sun destroys the virus in less than two minutes.

C'mon mr. Smarty pants.

Show us the science.

the mask does one GOOD thing----it catches your SPIT. SPIT is dangerous to those in your vicinity. You do
not need a STUDY-----the TUBERCULOSIS era
which offed millions should be enough for anyone

Now...I already know they are selective with enforcement ( and the politicians and media only wear them on camera). And ...be serious...the nursing home fiasco proves they don’t really care about the elderly. I’m finding it hard to believe that they are that concerned over all. What is the political point? What does it prove? Anyone?
This post proves your ignorance of simple biology and your willingness to replace science with identity politics.....or, you could be a Russian bot.
The lefts obsession with masks IS based on identity politics. If it wasn’t...they wouldn’t exempt the rioters because of their skin color.
And your point is you’re going to side with a collection of stupid people instead of science ? Being dumb is Result of identity politics. Why else would you think you are smarter then every medical research facility in The world. You get your news from Fix and the check out mags.
Did science tell Democrats it was a good idea to house a risk group with infected patients? The left only claims “ science” when it’s convenient.
Because you know so little about science, everything you say is suspect self serving and out of context. You find one example that confuses you and suddenly you’re an expert. Amazing.
Are you really claiming that the lefts selective enforcement of masks is based on science?
You sure. Wearing masks makes my sunglasses fog up...you know since they are so effective and all.

If water vapor is escaping your mask and the virus is 0.5 microns is size (much smaller than water) how is the mask stopping it? It isn't. The only thing a mask does is slow large droplet transmission. That is why it is less than 30% effective. Your wearing the mask is only effective if you are the one sick. It does nothing to protect you on inhalation.
Exactly

did someone CLAIM that it protects the wearer?

Oh? Show us a single study that shows any sort of real benefit for wearing them. Then come up with another study that shows wearing them outdoors is better than letting the Sunlight do its job.

C'mon mr. Smarty pants.

Show us the science.
I keep asking for the science...None of them can come up with it.

If "the experts" told these schlubbs that wearing their underwear on the outside of their pants prevented the virus from spreading, they'd go right ahead and do that.

C'mon mr. Smarty pants.

Show us the science.

the mask does one GOOD thing----it catches your SPIT. SPIT is dangerous to those in your vicinity. You do
TB is very differnt than this virus. TB can only live in sputum where this virus can live in dry air. Masks are very good at stopping TB and not so good with a virus..

I'm not obsessed with a mask, but because the virus is airborne, and masks have been proven to be a good safeguard, that is why I think wearing one in public is a good idea.

And no, I don't do it because of politics, I do it because I don't want to catch COVID 19 and die. I'm in the age group that is most likely to die (56).
Masks do not stop you from catching the wuhan virus
Nope, they stop you from spreading it to others.
Don't you kids ever pay attention?
You: I do it because I don't want to catch COVID 19 and die.
That was you statement maybe you should pay more attention to what you write.

If it spreads, we're all more likely to catch it.

How much more stupid can Trumpsters pile on?

(see below).
Everyone is going to catch it anyway. This whole practice was to flatten the curve not avoid getting COVID.
Well, you didn't really believe that the goalposts were going to move themselves, didja?
Actually I knew the second the states were allowed to shut everything down we were going to see this BS happen.

C'mon mr. Smarty pants.

Show us the science.
Where is your study showing that mask have zero benefits? They do recommend you wear a mask outside if you are in groups of people but not when your alone.

Our search identified 172 observational studies across 16 countries and six continents, with no randomised controlled trials and 44 relevant comparative studies in health-care and non-health-care settings (n=25 697 patients). Transmission of viruses was lower with physical distancing of 1 m or more, compared with a distance of less than 1 m (n=10 736, pooled adjusted odds ratio [aOR] 0·18, 95% CI 0·09 to 0·38; risk difference [RD] −10·2%, 95% CI −11·5 to −7·5; moderate certainty); protection was increased as distance was lengthened (change in relative risk [RR] 2·02 per m; pinteraction=0·041; moderate certainty). Face mask use could result in a large reduction in risk of infection (n=2647; aOR 0·15, 95% CI 0·07 to 0·34, RD −14·3%, −15·9 to −10·7; low certainty), with stronger associations with N95 or similar respirators compared with disposable surgical masks or similar (eg, reusable 12–16-layer cotton masks; pinteraction=0·090; posterior probability >95%, low certainty). Eye protection also was associated with less infection (n=3713; aOR 0·22, 95% CI 0·12 to 0·39, RD −10·6%, 95% CI −12·5 to −7·7; low certainty). Unadjusted studies and subgroup and sensitivity analyses showed similar findings.

Now show me your data, dumby pants...

Last edited:
I'm not obsessed with a mask, but because the virus is airborne, and masks have been proven to be a good safeguard, that is why I think wearing one in public is a good idea.

And no, I don't do it because of politics, I do it because I don't want to catch COVID 19 and die. I'm in the age group that is most likely to die (56).
Masks do not stop you from catching the wuhan virus
Nope, they stop you from spreading it to others.
Don't you kids ever pay attention?
You: I do it because I don't want to catch COVID 19 and die.
That was you statement maybe you should pay more attention to what you write.

If it spreads, we're all more likely to catch it.

How much more stupid can Trumpsters pile on?

(see below).
Everyone is going to catch it anyway. This whole practice was to flatten the curve not avoid getting COVID.
Well, you didn't really believe that the goalposts were going to move themselves, didja?
Actually I knew the second the states were allowed to shut everything down we were going to see this BS happen.
The only way the states could shut down was by Trump declaring a national health emergency and having the states follow his lead in which he did at the behest of the CDC and the NIH. Why do you always try to make Trump the victim of his own actions and declarations?

Those who don't wear masks are known for not washing their hands after going to the restroom also. Fact.

C'mon mr. Smarty pants.

Show us the science.
I keep asking for the science...None of them can come up with it.

If "the experts" told these schlubbs that wearing their underwear on the outside of their pants prevented the virus from spreading, they'd go right ahead and do that.
You didn't look very hard but we know you have a political agenda..

Last edited:

Democratic states have allowed a 79 day riot in the middle of a pandemic. They are clearly not concerned about COVID. So spare me...
"Allowed"?

Please try to be serious.
Yes allowed. Police have been ordered to stand down. NG refused and vandals and arsonists let go without charges filed.
Lol, you have yet to show a 79 day "riot" even took place.

Lmao.
Maybe you should stop watching progressive propaganda and drive to Seattle,Portland or Chicago. Hell I have family in CA that have seen it.

C'mon mr. Smarty pants.

Show us the science.

TB is very differnt than this virus. TB can only live in sputum where this virus can live in dry air. Masks are very good at stopping TB and not so good with a virus..

wrong again----suspended droplet ----The droplets from TB are larger and more transient-----but they are INFECTIVE. Back then it was a well established fact that the people who GOT it from the infected person were those who spent lots of time with him.
The effective prevention was SHIPPING people out to the mountains where they would sit around not coughing on anyone----just coughing into the cold air.
The FAKE-OUT was the promulgated theory that "BREATHING COLD AIR" cured the "bugs".
Viruses get around far easier---but STOPPING the SPIT is still a very important "THING"----the next thing is
"DON'T TOUCH" -------touching is not so much a problem with the TB mycobacteria because it does not land on everything in the vicinity of the patient as do tiny viruses. -----sun does not rise in your living room

The left? Federal installations, contractors and the military are required to wear a mask and these areas are controlled by Trump but it's only "the left". What a sucker you be.
Only Orange cultists can make a general hygiene item during a Pandemic into a political thing.....of course, because their Orange god made it so.

Especially through a non water resistant mask that has been exposed to the air.

C'mon mr. Smarty pants.

Show us the science.
Where is your study showing that mask have zero benefits? They do recommend you wear a mask outside if you are in groups of people but not when you alone.

Our search identified 172 observational studies across 16 countries and six continents, with no randomised controlled trials and 44 relevant comparative studies in health-care and non-health-care settings (n=25 697 patients). Transmission of viruses was lower with physical distancing of 1 m or more, compared with a distance of less than 1 m (n=10 736, pooled adjusted odds ratio [aOR] 0·18, 95% CI 0·09 to 0·38; risk difference [RD] −10·2%, 95% CI −11·5 to −7·5; moderate certainty); protection was increased as distance was lengthened (change in relative risk [RR] 2·02 per m; pinteraction=0·041; moderate certainty). Face mask use could result in a large reduction in risk of infection (n=2647; aOR 0·15, 95% CI 0·07 to 0·34, RD −14·3%, −15·9 to −10·7; low certainty), with stronger associations with N95 or similar respirators compared with disposable surgical masks or similar (eg, reusable 12–16-layer cotton masks; pinteraction=0·090; posterior probability >95%, low certainty). Eye protection also was associated with less infection (n=3713; aOR 0·22, 95% CI 0·12 to 0·39, RD −10·6%, 95% CI −12·5 to −7·7; low certainty). Unadjusted studies and subgroup and sensitivity analyses showed similar findings.

You really should read your papers before posting them.. This explains :"masks outside the hospital setting are shown ineffective and the same as wearing no mask at all"..

:auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:

Hydroxychloroquine works too
when used early in the disease progression it sure does.. The drug combo is over 91% effective when used early.
Please stop spreading misinformation. You are going to get people killed.
Not according to science
You're a tRumpling. You wouldn't recognize science if I wrapped it around a wet fish and slapped you with it.
Your killing people to win an election.. karma is Haunting
This thread started out ridiculously stupid and has now degenerated to abysmally stupid.

Congratulations.
It started with a dumb statement.

C'mon mr. Smarty pants.

Show us the science.
Where is your study showing that mask have zero benefits? They do recommend you wear a mask outside if you are in groups of people but not when you alone.

You really should read your papers before posting them.. This explains :"masks outside the hospital setting are shown ineffective and the same as wearing no mask at all"..

:auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:

Yeah, mr. smarty pants isn't really all that smart, is he.

Forum List

Back