Can someone please explain to me the lefts obsession with masks?

3000.jpeg

pence_BC_138_062420.jpg

merlin_171653502_66628e75-000a-40d9-a0c4-f95192a29b60-superJumbo.jpg
aba2ef-20200608-walz-universityave-biz-2.jpg
IpsosPoll_Coronavirus_Q3_DemRepApproveDisapprove_040920_v02_KS_hpEmbed_16x9_992.jpg

Wearing a mask is not a political test it is an I.Q. test.

Oh? Show us a single study that shows any sort of real benefit for wearing them. Then come up with another study that shows wearing them outdoors is better than letting the Sunlight do its job.

UV radiation from the Sun destroys the virus in less than two minutes.

C'mon mr. Smarty pants.

Show us the science.

the mask does one GOOD thing----it catches your SPIT. SPIT is dangerous to those in your vicinity. You do
not need a STUDY-----the TUBERCULOSIS era
which offed millions should be enough for anyone
TB is very differnt than this virus. TB can only live in sputum where this virus can live in dry air. Masks are very good at stopping TB and not so good with a virus..

I should add-----what does "TB CAN ONLY LIVE IN SPUTUM" mean? think that one out again

"Can someone please explain to me the lefts obsession with masks?"

I've been trying to come up with more than one possibility, to answer your question. But it keeps coming back to just to one thing. Apparently they're just really, really naïve and stupid.

Last edited:
I'm not obsessed with a mask, but because the virus is airborne, and masks have been proven to be a good safeguard, that is why I think wearing one in public is a good idea.

And no, I don't do it because of politics, I do it because I don't want to catch COVID 19 and die. I'm in the age group that is most likely to die (56).
...and masks have been proven to be a good safeguard...

No, they haven't....The science on the issue is questionable, at the very best....They're a political placebo.

You too? Jeez...
Yes, me too.

N95 masks are only good for filtering out particulates, not viruses that are microns in size...They're also only effective when berating in, not out.

Surgical masks are only reliable for about 20 minutes, and that's in a closed medical theater with negative pressurization.

Bandanas and other off-the-rack "face coverings" are useless.

I've done my homework on the subject, and you obviously haven't.

The point is to prevent spread. But I suspect you know that.

Is it just your inner nihilist, itching to push things over the edge?
Mask (medical) are LESS THAN 30% EFFECTIVE and only on the person who is contagious. Cloth masks are useless.
And you got that 30% from where ? Fix news ?

Wearing a mask is not a political test it is an I.Q. test.

Oh? Show us a single study that shows any sort of real benefit for wearing them. Then come up with another study that shows wearing them outdoors is better than letting the Sunlight do its job.

UV radiation from the Sun destroys the virus in less than two minutes.

C'mon mr. Smarty pants.

Show us the science.
Where is your study showing that mask have zero benefits? They do recommend you wear a mask outside if you are in groups of people but not when you alone.

Our search identified 172 observational studies across 16 countries and six continents, with no randomised controlled trials and 44 relevant comparative studies in health-care and non-health-care settings (n=25 697 patients). Transmission of viruses was lower with physical distancing of 1 m or more, compared with a distance of less than 1 m (n=10 736, pooled adjusted odds ratio [aOR] 0·18, 95% CI 0·09 to 0·38; risk difference [RD] −10·2%, 95% CI −11·5 to −7·5; moderate certainty); protection was increased as distance was lengthened (change in relative risk [RR] 2·02 per m; pinteraction=0·041; moderate certainty). Face mask use could result in a large reduction in risk of infection (n=2647; aOR 0·15, 95% CI 0·07 to 0·34, RD −14·3%, −15·9 to −10·7; low certainty), with stronger associations with N95 or similar respirators compared with disposable surgical masks or similar (eg, reusable 12–16-layer cotton masks; pinteraction=0·090; posterior probability >95%, low certainty). Eye protection also was associated with less infection (n=3713; aOR 0·22, 95% CI 0·12 to 0·39, RD −10·6%, 95% CI −12·5 to −7·7; low certainty). Unadjusted studies and subgroup and sensitivity analyses showed similar findings.

Now show me your data, dumby pants...
You really should read your papers before posting them.. This explains :"masks outside the hospital setting are shown ineffective and the same as wearing no mask at all"..

:auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:
I stated that in the beginning of my post.

Well, this may come as a shock to you but we are in the middle of a global pandemic. There is a disease called covid 19 that has killed hundreds of thousands of people and sickened millions. The masks have been proven to reduce the transmission of the virus, slowing the progression of the disease.

Strange that you haven't heard of it. This has been headlines for months on end, the subject of briefings, press conferences, TV specials, and so on. You really should get the out of the RWNJ "news" bubble occasionally and see what's really happening.
Most of the homemade cloth masks the public is wearing are not water resistant or worn correctly. So really they are of minimal help. Although they may make you feel better. And they are only selectively enforced.
Lol, every little bit helps, and selective enforcement is on you damn tRumplings.
Hydroxychloroquine works too
when used early in the disease progression it sure does.. The drug combo is over 91% effective when used early.
Please stop spreading misinformation. You are going to get people killed.
Not according to science
You're a tRumpling. You wouldn't recognize science if I wrapped it around a wet fish and slapped you with it.
Your killing people to win an election.. karma is Haunting
This thread started out ridiculously stupid and has now degenerated to abysmally stupid.

Congratulations.
Ha
Well, this may come as a shock to you but we are in the middle of a global pandemic. There is a disease called covid 19 that has killed hundreds of thousands of people and sickened millions. The masks have been proven to reduce the transmission of the virus, slowing the progression of the disease.

Strange that you haven't heard of it. This has been headlines for months on end, the subject of briefings, press conferences, TV specials, and so on. You really should get the out of the RWNJ "news" bubble occasionally and see what's really happening.
Most of the homemade cloth masks the public is wearing are not water resistant or worn correctly. So really they are of minimal help. Although they may make you feel better. And they are only selectively enforced.
Lol, every little bit helps, and selective enforcement is on you damn tRumplings.
Hydroxychloroquine works too
when used early in the disease progression it sure does.. The drug combo is over 91% effective when used early.
Please stop spreading misinformation. You are going to get people killed.
Not according to science
You're a tRumpling. You wouldn't recognize science if I wrapped it around a wet fish and slapped you with it.
Your killing people to win an election.. karma is Haunting
This thread started out ridiculously stupid and has now degenerated to abysmally stupid.

Congratulations.
It started with a dumb statement.
words that trigger democrats lol

Now...I already know they are selective with enforcement ( and the politicians and media only wear them on camera). And ...be serious...the nursing home fiasco proves they don’t really care about the elderly. I’m finding it hard to believe that they are that concerned over all. What is the political point? What does it prove? Anyone?
They're petty busybodies and power lusting tyrants....You will do as they demand or else.

That's the entire point.
Alsoplustoo, it's a way to set the nagging Karens of the world loose on the rest of us....To see how many of us will just comply, out of the desire to shut these finger-wagging bitches up.
Next up...getting the busy bodies to rat out neighbors so they lose their power and water in the middle of the summer ( and a pandemic).

3000.jpeg

pence_BC_138_062420.jpg

IpsosPoll_Coronavirus_Q3_DemRepApproveDisapprove_040920_v02_KS_hpEmbed_16x9_992.jpg

Yeah? So? SHOW US THE SCIENCE YOU RETARD!
I have you just refuse to accept it. I don't care if you wear a mask or not. I really don't care but you seem to be bothered by people who do...an awful lot. To the point that it infuriates you to be nasty to people for no good reason. Keep your retorts within TOS or be reported.

3000.jpeg

pence_BC_138_062420.jpg

I have you just refuse to accept it. I don't care if you wear a mask or not. I really don't care but you seem to be bothered by people who do...an awful lot. To the point that it infuriates you to be nasty to people for no good reason. Keep your retorts within TOS or be reported.

No, dumbshit. i don't care what you do. i don't care what anyone does. What I DO care about is non scientific directives that will harm people. UV radiation does in fact destroy the virus very quickly, so the absolute best way to keep yourself healthy is TO GET OUTSIDE and let the Sun do its work. Demanding people stay indoors is the height of medical malpractice.

Now...I already know they are selective with enforcement ( and the politicians and media only wear them on camera). And ...be serious...the nursing home fiasco proves they don’t really care about the elderly. I’m finding it hard to believe that they are that concerned over all. What is the political point? What does it prove? Anyone?
Masks and Covid-19 are an other form of "Impeachment" The actual "impeachment" failed, so this is the next HOAX. Masks, and destroying the economy, and "deadly" Covid-19 (LOL) are an attempt to sway the 2020 election. Piss people off so much and keep repeating "Trump Trump Trump" "Trumps fault"

I got news for all of you. Covid-19 goes away on Wednesday November 4, 2020. If Trump loses COVID-19 magically disappears. If Trump wins, Covid-19 disappears and the Demorats move into a different chapter of their SICKENING playbook to take out a DULY ELECTED PRESIDENT.

3000.jpeg

pence_BC_138_062420.jpg

No, dumbshit. i don't care what you do. i don't care what anyone does. What I DO care about is non scientific directives that will harm people. UV radiation does in fact destroy the virus very quickly, so the absolute best way to keep yourself healthy is TO GET OUTSIDE and let the Sun do its work. Demanding people stay indoors is the height of medical malpractice.
Evidently very few people have listened to the advice and are outdoors and have been since February, myself included

3000.jpeg

pence_BC_138_062420.jpg

Evidently very few people have listened to the advice and are outdoors and have been since February, myself included

Oh? You mean people don't pay attention to stupid laws? Color me shocked.

3000.jpeg

pence_BC_138_062420.jpg

Yes, people don't follow the rules from the lowest of the low to the highest of the orangmen...

Democratic states have allowed a 79 day riot in the middle of a pandemic. They are clearly not concerned about COVID. So spare me...
"Allowed"?

Please try to be serious.
Yes allowed. Police have been ordered to stand down. NG refused and vandals and arsonists let go without charges filed.
Lol, you have yet to show a 79 day "riot" even took place.

Lmao.
Maybe you should stop watching progressive propaganda and drive to Seattle,Portland or Chicago. Hell I have family in CA that have seen it.
You have family in California that have seen a 79 day long riot that exists only in your imagination?

Please, don't tell us more.

3000.jpeg

pence_BC_138_062420.jpg

Who told you to stay indoors?

Democratic states have allowed a 79 day riot in the middle of a pandemic. They are clearly not concerned about COVID. So spare me...
"Allowed"?

Yes allowed. Police have been ordered to stand down. NG refused and vandals and arsonists let go without charges filed.

Lmao.
Maybe you should stop watching progressive propaganda and drive to Seattle,Portland or Chicago. Hell I have family in CA that have seen it.
You have family in California that have seen a 79 day long riot that exists only in your imagination?

I also have family in Oregon that had to cancel their wedding because of the rioting. Maybe you should get out more.

3000.jpeg

pence_BC_138_062420.jpg

Who told you to stay indoors?

Only a truly stupid person like you could ask that question.

One of thousands...

"Allowed"?

Lmao.

I also have family in Oregon that had to cancel their wedding because of the rioting. Maybe you should get out more.
They were going to have a wedding in the downtown district?

Forum List

Back