Can someone please explain to me the lefts obsession with masks?

I'm not obsessed with a mask, but because the virus is airborne, and masks have been proven to be a good safeguard, that is why I think wearing one in public is a good idea.

And no, I don't do it because of politics, I do it because I don't want to catch COVID 19 and die. I'm in the age group that is most likely to die (56).
...and masks have been proven to be a good safeguard...

No, they haven't....The science on the issue is questionable, at the very best....They're a political placebo.

You too? Jeez...
Yes, me too.

N95 masks are only good for filtering out particulates, not viruses that are microns in size...They're also only effective when berating in, not out.

Surgical masks are only reliable for about 20 minutes, and that's in a closed medical theater with negative pressurization.

Bandanas and other off-the-rack "face coverings" are useless.

I've done my homework on the subject, and you obviously haven't.

The point is to prevent spread. But I suspect you know that.

Is it just your inner nihilist, itching to push things over the edge?
So how long is long enough for the mask orders?

I'm not obsessed with a mask, but because the virus is airborne, and masks have been proven to be a good safeguard, that is why I think wearing one in public is a good idea.

And no, I don't do it because of politics, I do it because I don't want to catch COVID 19 and die. I'm in the age group that is most likely to die (56).
Masks do not stop you from catching the wuhan virus
Nope, they stop you from spreading it to others.
Don't you kids ever pay attention?
Wrong: It only slows the spread by reducing the virus by minuscule amounts.
What do you continue to repeat these lies?

You: I do it because I don't want to catch COVID 19 and die.
That was you statement maybe you should pay more attention to what you write.

If it spreads, we're all more likely to catch it.

How much more stupid can Trumpsters pile on?

(see below).
Everyone is going to catch it anyway. This whole practice was to flatten the curve not avoid getting COVID.
And that is the fact of the matter!!! Masks are a placebo to make people feel safe when they are not and will catch this virus anyway. Right now, in summer, is the best time to get people to catch and get over this virus. If we wait until fall and after we close up our homes it will be a massive spread and quick, like the flu every year. We need to take the matches out of the book early so the fire burns itself out instead of becoming a raging fire.

Well, this may come as a shock to you but we are in the middle of a global pandemic. There is a disease called covid 19 that has killed hundreds of thousands of people and sickened millions. The masks have been proven to reduce the transmission of the virus, slowing the progression of the disease.

Strange that you haven't heard of it. This has been headlines for months on end, the subject of briefings, press conferences, TV specials, and so on. You really should get the out of the RWNJ "news" bubble occasionally and see what's really happening.
Most of the homemade cloth masks the public is wearing are not water resistant or worn correctly. So really they are of minimal help. Although they may make you feel better. And they are only selectively enforced.
Lol, every little bit helps, and selective enforcement is on you damn tRumplings.
Democratic states have allowed a 79 day riot in the middle of a pandemic. They are clearly not concerned about COVID. So spare me...
Another simpleton statement.
Does science prevent rioters from getting COVID?

Well, this may come as a shock to you but we are in the middle of a global pandemic. There is a disease called covid 19 that has killed hundreds of thousands of people and sickened millions. The masks have been proven to reduce the transmission of the virus, slowing the progression of the disease.

Strange that you haven't heard of it. This has been headlines for months on end, the subject of briefings, press conferences, TV specials, and so on. You really should get the out of the RWNJ "news" bubble occasionally and see what's really happening.
Most of the homemade cloth masks the public is wearing are not water resistant or worn correctly. So really they are of minimal help. Although they may make you feel better. And they are only selectively enforced.
Lol, every little bit helps, and selective enforcement is on you damn tRumplings.
Hydroxychloroquine works too
when used early in the disease progression it sure does.. The drug combo is over 91% effective when used early.
Please stop spreading misinformation. You are going to get people killed.
LOL...

Your the one getting people killed by your political bull shit you spread...

AND YOU STILL HAVEN'T EXPLAINED HOW THAT SCREEN DOOR ON THE SUBMARINE IS WORKING OUT...
You have a screen door on your submarine?

Weird.

LOL

I have science and you have politicqal talking points. Your the one lying! Now fuck off creaper..

when used early in the disease progression it sure does.. The drug combo is over 91% effective when used early.
LOL...

Your the one getting people killed by your political bull shit you spread...

AND YOU STILL HAVEN'T EXPLAINED HOW THAT SCREEN DOOR ON THE SUBMARINE IS WORKING OUT...
You have a screen door on your submarine?

Weird.
That's the sub you operate... how well is that keeping out your water virus?

Now...I already know they are selective with enforcement ( and the politicians and media only wear them on camera). And ...be serious...the nursing home fiasco proves they don’t really care about the elderly. I’m finding it hard to believe that they are that concerned over all. What is the political point? What does it prove? Anyone?
This post proves your ignorance of simple biology and your willingness to replace science with identity politics.....or, you could be a Russian bot.
The lefts obsession with masks IS based on identity politics. If it wasn’t...they wouldn’t exempt the rioters because of their skin color.
And your point is you’re going to side with a collection of stupid people instead of science ? Being dumb is Result of identity politics. Why else would you think you are smarter then every medical research facility in The world. You get your news from Fix and the check out mags.
Did science tell Democrats it was a good idea to house a risk group with infected patients? The left only claims “ science” when it’s convenient.
Because you know so little about science, everything you say is suspect self serving and out of context. You find one example that confuses you and suddenly you’re an expert. Amazing.
Are you really claiming that the lefts selective enforcement of masks is based on science?
Yeah, it cuts down on globull warming.
You sure. Wearing masks makes my sunglasses fog up...you know since they are so effective and all.

Not according to science
You're a tRumpling. You wouldn't recognize science if I wrapped it around a wet fish and slapped you with it.
Your killing people to win an election.. karma is Haunting

I do not believe that masks in the face of the pandemic is POLITIAL HAY---for anyone

Democratic states have allowed a 79 day riot in the middle of a pandemic. They are clearly not concerned about COVID. So spare me...

the governmental YAWN in the face of riot is a GIANT
TOPIC in my little mind. ---there is no doubt in that little mnd that it is political pandering. What a time for this criminal BLM crap to exert its filth. We should take it as a WARNING-----requiring preparation----even more seriously than critical ventilators. It's nothing new----remember the "black panther shit"-----how fitting that the filthy whore---ANGELA DAVIS again rises as queen of the cesspit-----
as a ROLE model for black girls. When I was a kid---the HEROINE was Clara Barton. Little girl books featured lots of nurses. My first "golden book" came with a bandaid taped in on the last page. In case of riot------CALL OUT THE STATE MOUNTIES--THE NATIONAL GUARD and even---THE MARINES

"Allowed"?

Please try to be serious.
Yes allowed. Police have been ordered to stand down. NG refused and vandals and arsonists let go without charges filed.
Lol, you have yet to show a 79 day "riot" even took place.

Lmao.

Now...I already know they are selective with enforcement ( and the politicians and media only wear them on camera). And ...be serious...the nursing home fiasco proves they don’t really care about the elderly. I’m finding it hard to believe that they are that concerned over all. What is the political point? What does it prove? Anyone?
This post proves your ignorance of simple biology and your willingness to replace science with identity politics.....or, you could be a Russian bot.
The lefts obsession with masks IS based on identity politics. If it wasn’t...they wouldn’t exempt the rioters because of their skin color.
And your point is you’re going to side with a collection of stupid people instead of science ? Being dumb is Result of identity politics. Why else would you think you are smarter then every medical research facility in The world. You get your news from Fix and the check out mags.
Did science tell Democrats it was a good idea to house a risk group with infected patients? The left only claims “ science” when it’s convenient.
Because you know so little about science, everything you say is suspect self serving and out of context. You find one example that confuses you and suddenly you’re an expert. Amazing.
Are you really claiming that the lefts selective enforcement of masks is based on science?
You sure. Wearing masks makes my sunglasses fog up...you know since they are so effective and all.

it is the vapor you exhale----try not to breathe

You: I do it because I don't want to catch COVID 19 and die.
That was you statement maybe you should pay more attention to what you write.

If it spreads, we're all more likely to catch it.

How much more stupid can Trumpsters pile on?

(see below).
Everyone is going to catch it anyway. This whole practice was to flatten the curve not avoid getting COVID.
And that is the fact of the matter!!! Masks are a placebo to make people feel safe when they are not and will catch this virus anyway. Right now, in summer, is the best time to get people to catch and get over this virus. If we wait until fall and after we close up our homes it will be a massive spread and quick, like the flu every year. We need to take the matches out of the book early so the fire burns itself out instead of becoming a raging fire.
They're the Commievirus equivalent of the colored ribbons that people wear on their lapels, to "raise awareness" for breast cancer, autism, or whathaveya....They're status symbols for the finger-weagging nannies of the nation, to show how much better and smarter that they are than you.

Not according to science
You're a tRumpling. You wouldn't recognize science if I wrapped it around a wet fish and slapped you with it.
Science tell you that seniors should be housed with COVID patients too?

LOL

I have science and you have politicqal talking points. Your the one lying! Now fuck off creaper..
The left always claims science and then denies biology.

Not according to science
Your killing people to win an election.. karma is Haunting
This thread started out ridiculously stupid and has now degenerated to abysmally stupid.

Congratulations.

"Allowed"?

Yes allowed. Police have been ordered to stand down. NG refused and vandals and arsonists let go without charges filed.

Lmao.

You really need to listen to radio people like Todd Herman (Seattle) and Clyde Lewis (Portland) who actually have to fight through the riots on a daily basis.

it is the vapor you exhale----try not to breathe
Right ...vapor that is escaping the mask.

"Allowed"?

Lmao.
More lies from creeper.....

Again you show your true colors..... Ignore the fascists you support because it fits your agenda.. Tell me how your rioters are immune from COVID-19? Inquiring minds want to know....

Wearing a mask is not a political test it is an I.Q. test.

Oh? Show us a single study that shows any sort of real benefit for wearing them. Then come up with another study that shows wearing them outdoors is better than letting the Sunlight do its job.

UV radiation from the Sun destroys the virus in less than two minutes.

C'mon mr. Smarty pants.

Show us the science.

Forum List

Back