Can someone please explain to me the lefts obsession with masks?

Well, this may come as a shock to you but we are in the middle of a global pandemic. There is a disease called covid 19 that has killed hundreds of thousands of people and sickened millions. The masks have been proven to reduce the transmission of the virus, slowing the progression of the disease.

Strange that you haven't heard of it. This has been headlines for months on end, the subject of briefings, press conferences, TV specials, and so on. You really should get the out of the RWNJ "news" bubble occasionally and see what's really happening.
Most of the homemade cloth masks the public is wearing are not water resistant or worn correctly. So really they are of minimal help. Although they may make you feel better. And they are only selectively enforced.
Lol, every little bit helps, and selective enforcement is on you damn tRumplings.
Hydroxychloroquine works too
when used early in the disease progression it sure does.. The drug combo is over 91% effective when used early.
Please stop spreading misinformation. You are going to get people killed.

I'm not obsessed with a mask, but because the virus is airborne, and masks have been proven to be a good safeguard, that is why I think wearing one in public is a good idea.

And no, I don't do it because of politics, I do it because I don't want to catch COVID 19 and die. I'm in the age group that is most likely to die (56).
...and masks have been proven to be a good safeguard...

No, they haven't....The science on the issue is questionable, at the very best....They're a political placebo.

You too? Jeez...
Yes, me too.

N95 masks are only good for filtering out particulates, not viruses that are microns in size...They're also only effective when berating in, not out.

Surgical masks are only reliable for about 20 minutes, and that's in a closed medical theater with negative pressurization.

Bandanas and other off-the-rack "face coverings" are useless.

I've done my homework on the subject, and you obviously haven't.

The point is to prevent spread. But I suspect you know that.

Is it just your inner nihilist, itching to push things over the edge?
There is no preventing the spread of any flu virus....It will eventually spread, no matter what or how many silly assed token gestures you take to stop it...That's how flu bugs roll.

The original desired outcome of all this fucking nonsense was to "bend the curve", so hospitals wouldn't be overrun....The goalposts have been moved so many times that the gubmint has had to keep Allied Van Lines on retainer.

You, sir, are a gullible chump.

Well, this may come as a shock to you but we are in the middle of a global pandemic. There is a disease called covid 19 that has killed hundreds of thousands of people and sickened millions. The masks have been proven to reduce the transmission of the virus, slowing the progression of the disease.

Strange that you haven't heard of it. This has been headlines for months on end, the subject of briefings, press conferences, TV specials, and so on. You really should get the out of the RWNJ "news" bubble occasionally and see what's really happening.
Most of the homemade cloth masks the public is wearing are not water resistant or worn correctly. So really they are of minimal help. Although they may make you feel better. And they are only selectively enforced.
Lol, every little bit helps, and selective enforcement is on you damn tRumplings.
Please stop spreading misinformation. You're going to get people killed.

They already have.

Democratic states have allowed a 79 day riot in the middle of a pandemic. They are clearly not concerned about COVID. So spare me...
"Allowed"?

Please try to be serious.

It shows that they are docile and compliant members of the herd and they feel virtuous by forcing others to be members of the herd, too.

A life spent doing what you are told is much easier than one requiring critical thought or individualism.
This I agree with. Americans have become complacent to the point of being lazy. This seems like a test to see just HOW complacent. And what we will put up with.

I'm not obsessed with a mask, but because the virus is airborne, and masks have been proven to be a good safeguard, that is why I think wearing one in public is a good idea.

And no, I don't do it because of politics, I do it because I don't want to catch COVID 19 and die. I'm in the age group that is most likely to die (56).
Masks do not stop you from catching the wuhan virus
Nope, they stop you from spreading it to others.
Don't you kids ever pay attention?
You: I do it because I don't want to catch COVID 19 and die.
That was you statement maybe you should pay more attention to what you write.

when used early in the disease progression it sure does.. The drug combo is over 91% effective when used early.
Not according to science

Wrong: It only slows the spread by reducing the virus by minuscule amounts.

Well, this may come as a shock to you but we are in the middle of a global pandemic. There is a disease called covid 19 that has killed hundreds of thousands of people a.d sickened millions. The masks have been proven to reduce the transmission of the virus, slowing the progression of the disease.

Strange that you haven't heard of it. This has been headlines for months on end, the subject of briefings, press conferences, TV specials, and so on. You really should get out of the RWNJ "news" bubble occasionally and see what's really happening.

That's just what they want you to believe. The pandemic is a hoax, perpetrated by evil Democrats (and millions of people around the world who are also in on it).
Wow, you mean hundreds of thousands of people have died just to help the Democrats perpetrate a hoax?

Yep. TDS. They hated Trump so much they were willing to give their lives for the cause.
From all over the world. The Democratic party is amazingly powerful and influential.

LOL...

Your the one getting people killed by your political bull shit you spread...

AND YOU STILL HAVEN'T EXPLAINED HOW THAT SCREEN DOOR ON THE SUBMARINE IS WORKING OUT...

...and masks have been proven to be a good safeguard...

No, they haven't....The science on the issue is questionable, at the very best....They're a political placebo.

You too? Jeez...
Yes, me too.

N95 masks are only good for filtering out particulates, not viruses that are microns in size...They're also only effective when berating in, not out.

Surgical masks are only reliable for about 20 minutes, and that's in a closed medical theater with negative pressurization.

Bandanas and other off-the-rack "face coverings" are useless.

I've done my homework on the subject, and you obviously haven't.

The point is to prevent spread. But I suspect you know that.

Is it just your inner nihilist, itching to push things over the edge?
There is no preventing the spread of any flu virus....It will eventually spread, no matter what silly assed token gesture you take to stop it...That's how flu bugs roll.

The original desired outcome of all this fucking nonsense was to "bend the curve" so hospitals wouldn't be overrun....The goalposts have been moved so many times that the gubmint has had to keep Allied Van Lines on retainer.

You, sir, are a gullible chump.

And you're trolling. I'm pretty sure you're not really this stupid.

But I could be wrong.
I'm not so stupid to keep believing people whose stories have changed more often those of a guilty criminal suspect....You obviously are that stupid.

They are wracked with guilt over their insanity and want to cover their faces in shame.

Some people are like that.
How long are they willing to go on with this farce do you think?
Did you ask the same in 1918-1919?

They wore masks during the 1349-1350 pandemic and people still died.

I don't see where it helped. But they are still available for sale if Dr. Fauci wants to push this next

Stokedvillellc — Plague Doctor Mask/Watch Dogs Mask (Free Shipping)
Fauci is a Republican that was appointed by a Republican, reality sucks for people with a political agenda.

Fauci supported Hillary Clinton.

If it spreads, we're all more likely to catch it.

How much more stupid can Trumpsters pile on?

(see below)

Democratic states have allowed a 79 day riot in the middle of a pandemic. They are clearly not concerned about COVID. So spare me...
"Allowed"?

Please try to be serious.
Yes allowed. Police have been ordered to stand down. NG refused and vandals and arsonists let go without charges filed.

I'm not wearing just a simple cloth mask, either. Then there the fact that the less is spreads, the less likely anyone is to catch it.

Maybe you should let others worry about the facts, as a tRumpling you really aren't qualified.

(see below).

Virtually all of us are going to catch it anyhow.

Huge influx of cases in Hawaii, even though they have the most draconian shutdown laws in the country

(see below).
Everyone is going to catch it anyway. This whole practice was to flatten the curve not avoid getting COVID.

(see below).
Everyone is going to catch it anyway. This whole practice was to flatten the curve not avoid getting COVID.
Well, you didn't really believe that the goalposts were going to move themselves, didja?

Not according to science
You're a tRumpling. You wouldn't recognize science if I wrapped it around a wet fish and slapped you with it.

(see below).
Well, you didn't really believe that the goalposts were going to move themselves, didja?

Back in March, when the shutdown/mitigation was first marketed, they said it would be 15 days only, just to flatten the curve.

Forum List

Back