Can bible study groups be in error?

Bible study groups are based on well prepared materials, usually by very well educated members of the Faith. Also, bible studies are essential in bringing the Word to people and develop individual understanding of it.

But with all that well prepared materials, and with all that serious work and time put in by the group leader, can they still be wrong?

Here is an example. Apostle Paul writes to be a good citizen, do as your country tells you to, pay your taxes, and so on. But we already know, that half the countries impose special taxes that are developed specifically against Christians, in order to starve them to death. Most notably, Jordania has no Christian's left, as a result.

So, wouldn't the correct interpretation of Paul's word be, that Christians should no challenge their government, only. If your government is after you, do you have to put out? When Satan is after you, you are told not to put out. So, what is the correct bible study then?
Todays bible does not offer much advice on what to do if the wicked rule. It even suggests that a wicked ruler is a reflection of wicked people and may be judgment rendered by the lord. One must remember that at times in history it was the government decided what testiments would be in the bible it is not surprising that religion morphed to this current state. We are also for the most part relying on government sponsered translations of the original texts. Unless you speak aramaic do realy know what the original texts say?

So tell us what Constantine and all those governments allegedly rewrote and let us compare them to the actual verses. I keep hearing about all this rewriting, yet no one ever seems to know which ones were added or rewrote; they all magically seem to be just verses they personally don't like and verses that don't conform to some ideological fantasies or condone assorted sicko deviants and sociopaths compulsions and whims, so obviously we all need to know what the 'real bible' said and stuff.

Bible study groups are based on well prepared materials, usually by very well educated members of the Faith. Also, bible studies are essential in bringing the Word to people and develop individual understanding of it.

But with all that well prepared materials, and with all that serious work and time put in by the group leader, can they still be wrong?

Here is an example. Apostle Paul writes to be a good citizen, do as your country tells you to, pay your taxes, and so on. But we already know, that half the countries impose special taxes that are developed specifically against Christians, in order to starve them to death. Most notably, Jordania has no Christian's left, as a result.

So, wouldn't the correct interpretation of Paul's word be, that Christians should no challenge their government, only. If your government is after you, do you have to put out? When Satan is after you, you are told not to put out. So, what is the correct bible study then?
Todays bible does not offer much advice on what to do if the wicked rule. It even suggests that a wicked ruler is a reflection of wicked people and may be judgment rendered by the lord. One must remember that at times in history it was the government decided what testiments would be in the bible it is not surprising that religion morphed to this current state. We are also for the most part relying on government sponsered translations of the original texts. Unless you speak aramaic do realy know what the original texts say?

So tell us what Constantine and all those governments allegedly rewrote and let us compare them to the actual verses. I keep hearing about all this rewriting, yet no one ever seems to know which ones were added or rewrote; they all magically seem to be just verses they personally don't like and verses that don't conform to some ideological fantasies or condone assorted sicko deviants and sociopaths compulsions and whims, so obviously we all need to know what the 'real bible' said and stuff.
Learn aramaic is the only way to know you have not been hornswaggled. I wish I had a conclusive answer. We do not even have all the orriginal texts found as of yet. Archeololgists are still finding older and older texts as well as unknown ones. I do not speak aramaic nor possess all the texts. Aramaic would be interesting to learn it is also how to querry the bible code we here about.

Learn aramaic is the only way to know you have not been hornswaggled. I wish I had a conclusive answer. We do not even have all the orriginal texts found as of yet. Archeololgists are still finding older and older texts as well as unknown ones. I do not speak aramaic nor possess all the texts. Aramaic would be interesting to learn it is also how to querry the bible code we here about.

We already have translations by experts in multiple languages, more than enough to verify if translations are correct in several languages, so don't worry. The people trying to peddle the 'mis-translation' myths aren't scholars, just political hacks and assorted Xian bashers, is all. Pretty much impossible for anyone to rewrite it and and then pass off the fakes as well, Roman emperor or not. They weren't noted for caving in to emperors or anybody else, in the 4th century or any other time. Ignore the tards, they're all deviants and angry sociopaths of one kind or another. Grab a copy of Darrell Bock's The Missing Gospels, a very good laymen's intro and then some of the books in his bibliography as well.

Last edited:
It's a commentary on the nature of money, not govt. itself, neither good nor evil, it's people who make something evil. Civil disobedience is clearly not proscribed, as evident in Jesus' ministry, which was entirely against the Jewish government, since they were a theocracy, and a hereditary one at that, based on genealogies, most of them fake ones at that. Peter wacked the ear off an official, after all. It's a myth that Xians have to be totally pacifist dumbasses.

the ministry of Jesus did not address the "jewish government" at all. ------perverted sunday school
teachers TRY to claim that the "jewish government" consisted of "priests, levites and Pharisees"
--------entirely wrong

why Aramaic? the "the gospels" are not written in Aramaic. There are lots of
people fluent in the Aramaic that Jesus used

It's a commentary on the nature of money, not govt. itself, neither good nor evil, it's people who make something evil.

ahh you are both wrong

Anyone who won't do something as simple confessing to being a sinner and the doing something as holy as worshipping Jesus has to be a real unbelieving evil son of a bitch. A devil demon or at least an atheist.

That would be like God giving you a statue of a snake to turn to to be healed and then saying no thanks.

All a bunch of faithless ingrates!

Pipe down, moron. You're just embarrassing yourself yet again.

It wasn't a commentary about the nature of money. It was a challenge to worship either caesar or God.

Do you think that the brutal roman occupation of Judea was a good thing? Jesus was telling people to pay taxes to caesar and give God what? The finger?

It's a commentary on the nature of money, not govt. itself, neither good nor evil, it's people who make something evil.

ahh you are both wrong

Anyone who won't do something as simple confessing to being a sinner and the doing something as holy as worshipping Jesus has to be a real unbelieving evil son of a bitch. A devil demon or at least an atheist.

That would be like God giving you a statue of a snake to turn to to be healed and then saying no thanks.

All a bunch of faithless ingrates!

Pipe down, moron. You're just embarrassing yourself yet again.

Neither ----Jesus never said it. The bronze image of the snake was DESTROYED as a remnant of
idolatry-----long before Jesus was born------

It wasn't a commentary about the nature of money. It was a challenge to worship either caesar or God.

Do you think that the brutal roman occupation of Judea was a good thing? Jesus was telling people to pay taxes to caesar and give God what? The finger?

Hezekiah is considered a kind of hero in the annals of jewish history for DESTROYING THE BRONZE
IMAGE OF THE SNAKE-----said to be created by Moses-----because it is a remnant of idolatry.
An interesting vignette is ---RAMBAM said-----in case of lethal snake bite-----it is ok to use amulets
and charms if it give COMFORT TO THE DYING VICTIM. (aren't you all glad that I read his book "GUIDE TO THE PERPLEXED" ? )

We already have translations by experts in multiple languages, more than enough to verify if translations are correct in several languages, so don't worry. The people trying to peddle the 'mis-translation' myths aren't scholars, just political hacks and assorted Xian bashers, is all. Pretty much impossible for anyone to rewrite it and and then pass off the fakes as well, Roman emperor or not. They weren't noted for caving in to emperors or anybody else, in the 4th century or any other time. Ignore the tards, they're all deviants and angry sociopaths of one kind or another. Grab a copy of Darrell Bock's The Missing Gospels, a very good laymen's intro and then some of the books in his bibliography as well.

^^^^^ bs sophistry

Hezekiah is considered a kind of hero in the annals of jewish history for DESTROYING THE BRONZE
IMAGE OF THE SNAKE-----said to be created by Moses-----because it is a remnant of idolatry.
An interesting vignette is ---RAMBAM said-----in case of lethal snake bite-----it is ok to use amulets
and charms if it give COMFORT TO THE DYING VICTIM. (aren't you all glad that I read his book "GUIDE TO THE PERPLEXED" ? )

If it was right in Gods eyes for Hezekiah to destroy the bronze serpent then it was never right for anyone to turn to it for healing.

Jesus compared himself to that serpent that Moses lifted up during the time of testing in the wilderness.

What does that tell you?

It's a commentary on the nature of money, not govt. itself, neither good nor evil, it's people who make something evil. Civil disobedience is clearly not proscribed, as evident in Jesus' ministry, which was entirely against the Jewish government, since they were a theocracy, and a hereditary one at that, based on genealogies, most of them fake ones at that. Peter wacked the ear off an official, after all. It's a myth that Xians have to be totally pacifist dumbasses.

the ministry of Jesus did not address the "jewish government" at all. ------perverted sunday school
teachers TRY to claim that the "jewish government" consisted of "priests, levites and Pharisees"
--------entirely wrong

Rubbish. Judea was a theocracy, and they ran the courts as well as the govt. No way you can weasel around that fact. They had very elaborate racial qualifications for the highest offices to the lowest.

If it was right in Gods eyes for Hezekiah to destroy the bronze serpent then it was never right for anyone to turn to it for healing.

Jesus compared himself to that serpent that Moses lifted up during the time of testing in the wilderness.

What does that tell you?

It tells me you're an idiot. Any more questions you need answered?

What does that tell you?

"it tells me you'r an idiot" ----<<< a "stock response" in the annals of sunday school

What does that tell you?

Well, yes.

Jesus clearly said that he would be lifted up by God like Moses lifted up the bronze serpent during the time of testing in the wilderness showing that he knew in advance that he would become the object of idolatry, worshipped, even though he was being openly despised and disrespected daily. Obviously it wasn't hubris.

You worship Jesus as if he was a god. You failed the test.

My question is, how do you expect to escape the condemnation of hell?

Whats your plan jack? apologize to a priest for being a shithead and then go to mass and defy divine law to show God just how sorry you are for your sins? Openly express some of that good old fashioned hatred for the Jews?

Commit idolatry every Sunday and then make soup for the poor with a tiny fraction of the money your church steals from the poor? Get children inebriated on Jesus juice and then drug them when they start acting out? Lobby to make gay bashing a national sport? Put the perverse contents of your degenerate mind on full display?

Brilliant! I'm sure that God will be very impressed.

I am.

Last edited:

What does that tell you?

Jesus admitted that he would be seen as an IDOL which should BE DESTROYED? sheeesh

Well yes, just one.

Jesus clearly said that he would be lifted up by God like Moses lifted up the bronze serpent during the time of testing in the wilderness showing that he knew in advance that he would become the object of idolatry.

You worship Jesus as if he was a god. You failed the test.

My question is, how do you expect to escape the condemnation of hell?

--------entirely wrong

Rubbish. Judea was a theocracy, and they ran the courts as well as the govt. No way you can weasel around that fact. They had very elaborate racial qualifications for the highest offices to the lowest.

really? what were the "RACIAL requirements" for the office of "judge"? To what "racial requirement" do you refer? What were the "racial requirements" for being a "Pharisee"?. In what way was Herod RACIALLY qualified to be "KING" ? "highest to lowest"? what was the "racial requirement" for being a "money changer in the temple court"?

Of course bible study groups can be in error. I had read the bible (KJV) cover to cover a half dozen times and at least that many more times a book here and a book there before I ever attended my first bible study group. It was a Beth Moore study on the book of Daniel. It was my first introduction to pre-millennial dispensationalism.
I watched her torture scripture to get everything to work out mathematically to exactly what she had already pre determined it should be. The only truth I got out of that study is that I am not a pre-millennial dispensationalist.
At the end of the study, they asked for suggestions on the next study. I suggested a study on the Day of Atonement (Lev. 16). Oh no, we don't want to do something like that. Cowards one and all.

The verse you're referring to is just to keep Nero from imprisoning or killing followers, because they can't do God's will if they're being used as a living candle to light his table during dinner. Yes, he actually did that.

God wouldn't have told his followers that following the Government is ethical, because the government inherently breaks 8 of the 10 commandments, and he tells you to follow his will, not the will of man. In fact, they're in opposition to the government through the entirety of the time they're following Jesus.

--------entirely wrong

really? what were the "RACIAL requirements" for the office of "judge"? To what "racial requirement" do you refer? What were the "racial requirements" for being a "Pharisee"?. In what way was Herod RACIALLY qualified to be "KING" ? "highest to lowest"? what was the "racial requirement" for being a "money changer in the temple court"?

Pic-----I am so eager to know the RACIAL thing-------is "Pharisee" a race? You have stated
"Judea was a theocracy" and " "THEY" ran the courts and the govt." who?
what race? There was a "KING" at the time in question. Did that "KING" run the courts?
Of what "race" was the famous "high priest" CAIAPHAS? <<<< you should be able to answer
that one AT LEAST

--------entirely wrong

c'mon Pic-------the RACIAL THING-------try to justify your statements. Any idea about
my race?

Forum List

Back