Can bible study groups be in error?

You appear to be making some leaps of logic, that do not seem to be supported by the scriptures that you quote.

"The kingdom of heaven is like hidden treasure lying buried in a field. The man who found it, buried it again.."

I will give you treasures from dark vaults, hoarded in secret places, that you may know that I am the Lord, the God of Israel who summons you by name. Isaiah 45:3

You have heard what I said; consider it well, and you must admit the truth of it. Now I show you new things, hidden things which you did not know before. Isaiah 48:6

"Time was when many were aghast at you, my people, so now many nations recoil at sight of him, and kings curl their lips in disgust. For they see what they had never been told and things unheard before fill their thoughts." Isaiah 52:14,15

Honestly, I think Christians, (which specifically includes myself), need to focus more on the unambiguous commands in the Bible, then trying to figure out some Bible word-puzzle to find an "unknown jesus".

You actually professed to believe that Peter literally found a coin in the mouth of a fish by some supernatural demonstration of divine power over reality (even though they had a money bag) because Jesus was God, a miracle!

I told you that Peter reeled in and challenged a follower to put his money where his mouth was and the fish actually coughed up a coin because Jesus was broke not because Jesus was God, a miracle!

Do you really think it would be too hard for Christians to figure out who is right? Too much of a puzzle for their delicate minds?

You believe in a miracle that literally never happened performed by a wonder working Jesus that never existed.

You profess to believe in magic in spite of being intimately acquainted with reality every single day and night ever since you were born. You probably even went to school. Maybe even got an A in science, took an english class, dissected a frog, tried to levitate, lit a candle, prayed for salvation, dunked a witch, read another book.

Is it really that hard for you to accept the fact that what you profess to believe about Jesus is all wrong?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back