Calif Bullet train design that promised lower costs racks up $800 million in overruns, big delays

All of the money has been spent on administrative costs. There is no money left for things like track and salaries. The project is broke.

Same in public schools where the number of administrators has increased by a huge percentage since the 1950s.

It should be noted that Democrats are in charge of both. And those Democrats now want tens-of-billions-of-dollars in bail-out money for both. IOW Massive kickbacks.

Can you believe there are people who really think the train will go from Anaheim to San Francisco?

The train is supposed to go from Bakersfield to Fresno. No track has been laid. Not even for that bit of line. The entire project is nothing more than a slush fund. Any politician can get appointed as a consultant and walk away with a check.

Idiot voters.

All of the money has been spent on administrative costs. There is no money left for things like track and salaries. The project is broke.

Same in public schools where the number of administrators has increased by a huge percentage since the 1950s.

It should be noted that Democrats are in charge of both. And those Democrats now want tens-of-billions-of-dollars in bail-out money for both. IOW Massive kickbacks.
The costs of administration are now so high that they can't afford education.

All these current bad-faith nay-sayers will be praising it once it's completed.
Oh boy! Then instead of driving directly to my destination in under an hour, I can wait for the train, sit on it for 40 minutes, get off, stand in line at the car rental, rent a car for a nominal fee, then get to my destination 2 hours longer than if I drove.
It won't be 40 minutes. It will be 2 hours and 40 minutes. It is going to go 380 miles in that time. It can go up to 220 MPH on straight rail areas. It will connect Anaheim airport to San Francisco, and will also go all the way south to San Diego and all the way over to Sacramento.

It will be a really awesome railway once it's fully done.
380 is the sales job. In actuality it’s the short, flat and rural Fresno to Bakersfield run period. By far the easiest section and yet decades behind schedule and billions in cost overruns.

I don't care about the money, I just want this train done ASAP. They need to finish this thing.

The military runs billions over budget for new planes and all sorts of useless crap that is only built to kill people. Atleast this will help Americans.

I hope they can get it finished ASAP, I cannot wait until it is finished. So many rising costs.
20 years so far, zero track. ASAP is the year 3025.
To ride 65 miles you can drive in less than an hour and have your car to take you directly to your destination.
Not in California traffic you cannot, no. It looks like you live there so you know - California is very congested. I am not saying this train is a bad idea, but it's going to get a lot of criticism in this country (since never been done) until it's finished. Once it's finished though, folks are going to ride that bullet train all the time. It's going to be a cash cow in Cali.
Pipe dream.

No passenger train anywhere in this nation is a 'cash cow.' Essentially every single one of these ventures fails and they do so for the same exact reasons over and over again. I see no particular reason that this one is going to be that one in a billion unicorn that suddenly succeeds.

It is hard to believe that the major backers to these programs even want them to succeed.

It is hard to believe that the major backers to these programs even want them to succeed.-FA_Q2

It's hard to believe that there are people in this country who dare to do things new and helpful?

It is hard to believe that the major backers to these programs even want them to succeed.-FA_Q2

It's hard to believe that there are people in this country who dare to do things new and helpful?

Yes ignore the post I made to accuse me of something else entirely. Try again.

Not ignoring your post. You called it a pipe dream and said why bother trying. And that you see no reason in going on with it.

And I'm saying you're wrong, and your mindset is old and America will get no where with your mindset and be quiet and this is a run-on sentence.

None of these government subsidized Environmental Wacko projects ever works out. They are always a failure.

However, the sonofabitches that provide the systems, usuallys Democrat fat cat donors, always make out pretty damn good.

Not ignoring your post. You called it a pipe dream and said why bother trying. And that you see no reason in going on with it.

And I'm saying you're wrong, and your mindset is old and America will get no where with your mindset and be quiet and this is a run-on sentence.
Wow. It was 4 damn sentences. You would think you could follow.

I also said WHY your characterization of the outcome was a pipe dream. And, since you cant bother to address the point I made, you just ignore that part. Then you falsely charge me as being against progress.

Are you really unaware of the straw man you have been building.

Forum List

Back