Calif Bullet train design that promised lower costs racks up $800 million in overruns, big delays

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
Flat ground.
Rural.
And they still can’t do it.
I wonder how many homeless could have been helped with the Billions Democrats have wasted on a train to nowhere nobody will ever ride.

Flat ground.
Rural.
I wonder how many homeless could have been helped with the Billions Democrats have wasted on a train to nowhere nobody will ever ride.
They used the same people that built the Great Dig in Boston eh?

1614022649413.png

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

I hope they can get it finished ASAP, I cannot wait until it is finished. So many rising costs.
20 years so far, zero track. ASAP is the year 3025.
To ride 65 miles you can drive in less than an hour and have your car to take you directly to your destination.
Not in California traffic you cannot, no. It looks like you live there so you know - California is very congested. I am not saying this train is a bad idea, but it's going to get a lot of criticism in this country (since never been done) until it's finished. Once it's finished though, folks are going to ride that bullet train all the time. It's going to be a cash cow in Cali.

Flat ground.
Rural.

The state employee who did the "financial analysis" for the project was a Chicano Studies graduate from Cal State Fullerton. LOL

All these current bad-faith nay-sayers will be praising it once it's completed.
Oh boy! Then instead of driving directly to my destination in under an hour, I can wait for the train, sit on it for 40 minutes, get off, stand in line at the car rental, rent a car for a nominal fee, then get to my destination 2 hours longer than if I drove.

Oh boy! Then instead of driving directly to my destination in under an hour, I can wait for the train, sit on it for 40 minutes, get off, stand in line at the car rental, rent a car for a nominal fee, then get to my destination 2 hours longer than if I drove.

That's only if you're interested in traveling from Fresno to Bakersfield (which no one is).

It won't be 40 minutes. It will be 2 hours and 40 minutes. It is going to go 380 miles in that time. It can go up to 220 MPH on straight rail areas. It will connect Anaheim airport to San Francisco, and will also go all the way south to San Diego and all the way over to Sacramento.

It will be a really awesome railway once it's fully done.

It won't be 40 minutes. It will be 2 hours and 40 minutes. It is going to go 380 miles in that time. It can go up to 220 MPH on straight rail areas. It will connect Anaheim airport to San Francisco, and will also go all the way south to San Diego and all the way over to Sacramento.

It will be a really awesome railway once it's fully done.
hows it going to go 380 miles when they cant even get 65 miles of track built???

And now the Pelosi relief bill will give CA millions to start another project that will never be finished....a tunnel to silicon valley....like a tunnel to nowhere....

Flat ground.
Rural.
Kick them out of the United States.

I hope they can get it finished ASAP, I cannot wait until it is finished. So many rising costs.
20 years so far, zero track. ASAP is the year 3025.
To ride 65 miles you can drive in less than an hour and have your car to take you directly to your destination.
All of the money has been spent on administrative costs. There is no money left for things like track and salaries. The project is broke.

That's only if you're interested in traveling from Fresno to Bakersfield (which no one is).
Can you believe there are people who really think the train will go from Anaheim to San Francisco?

The train is supposed to go from Bakersfield to Fresno. No track has been laid. Not even for that bit of line. The entire project is nothing more than a slush fund. Any politician can get appointed as a consultant and walk away with a check.

Flat ground.
Rural.
our wonderful government at work again.

Forum List

Back