Buyers now need 6 figures to buy typical homes in 22 states

I did not realize it was a leftist that started this thread.

Thanks for letting me know.
I'm not a leftist

For you Leftists, here's how it works:

You rent for as long as you must, paying as little as possible, and saving what you can toward a down payment on a house While renting, you scout around to find houses that you can afford with your current income, including houses that "need work," so that you might be able to gain some "sweat equity."

Your first house will not be posh. It won't have everything you want. It won't be an "average" or "typical" house for your geographical area; it will be MODEST and lacking in some desirable features. This house is called a "Starter Home."

Over time, that house will increase in value and you will pay down the mortgage (a bit), and if you are NORMAL, your income will increase. In due course, you will be able to sell that Starter House and buy something nicer. Maybe THAT one won't be what you really want, but it will be nicer than the first one.

Basically everyone I know has gone through this process, and yet Leftists don't seem to get it. They keep spouting nonsense like, "The average worker can't afford to buy the average house!" as though that were something new and astonishing.

Of course, normal people don't have six figure student loans to pay off, from their quest to get a degree in gender studies. So there's that.

I own my house now genius, doesn't change the fact when Trump was in Office rates were 3% which is what I'm currently paying and now they are 7-8%

Meaning super nice homes that I could have bought using my NET for a down payment are still out of my price range solely because of the inflated rates

So yeah you saying "just rent and save up bro" is another disingenuous argument

There are plenty of places all over this country where homes are affordable, but you probably won't be able to live in the trendy places. Plenty of affordable homes in rural areas and the Rust Belt states and with so many more people having the ability to work remote the options are there. You just need to have the will to make the move.
I'm moving to Texas, doesn't change that rates are 7% now and they were <3% with Trump does it Doofy?

I'm moving to Texas, doesn't change that rates are 7% now and they were <3% with Trump does it Doofy?

Paying $250K for a home at 7% is a hell of a lot more attainable than $450K, right doofy? You people act like this is the only time in history we've had 7% mortgages. We had historically low mortgage rates for 20 years since the turn of the century. When I my parents bought our house in Boston in the early 1980s interest rates were in the teens.

Paying $250K for a home at 7% is a hell of a lot more attainable than $450K, right doofy? You people act like this is the only time in history we've had 7% mortgages. We had historically low mortgage rates for 20 years since the turn of the century. When I my parents bought our house in Boston in the early 1980s interest rates were in the teens.
Holy fuck you're dumb

We've already had the "historical rates" discussion dumbass

And again in 2019 when rates were 3% here's what a mortgage would have been for my dream home

Screenshot_20240402-110556.png

Here's what are they now

Screenshot_20240402-110617.png

Do you see the issue dumbfuck?

Here's those historical rates since you removed my other post

Screenshot_20240402-110951.png

Last edited:
How does any of that change what I said?

And call me a dumb fuck again.....
Then stop acting like one and don't make threats cause you can't handle having it thrown back at you

And yes it does change what you said as the charts show unless you need help reading those

Then stop acting like one and don't make threats cause you can't handle having it thrown back at you

And yes it does change what you said as the charts show unless you need help reading those

Now try actually answering my question this time. How does any of that change what I said? Did we or did we not have historically low rates the last 20 years. Were they not typically equivalent to today's rates or higher prior to the 21st century? Is $250K at 7% more attainable than $450K at 7%.

Easy questions to answer.

Now try actually answering my question this time. How does any of that change what I said? Did we or did we not have historically low rates the last 20 years. Were they not typically equivalent to today's rates or higher prior to the 21st century? Is $250K at 7% more attainable than $450K at 7%.

Easy questions to answer.
Can you not read the graphs? Look at the graphs and youll see how it changes it Doofy

It doesn't matter what rates were in the 70s 80s 90s cause home prices were 100k

LOOK AT THE GRAPHS

Which is easier to pay?

Can you not read the graphs? Look at the graphs and youll see how it changes it Doofy

It doesn't matter what rates were in the 70s 80s 90s cause home prices were 100k

Sure it matters. People didn't make as much money as they do today. $100K was a lot more than $100K today and interest rates were still proportionately much higher.

LOOK AT THE GRAPHS

Which is easier to pay?

You tell me. I've asked you that twice now.

Is $250K at 7% more attainable than $450K at 7%.

You seem to have an issue focusing on the question presented to you.

Sure it matters. People didn't make as much money as they do today. $100K was a lot more than $100K today and interest rates were still proportionately much higher.

You tell me. I've asked you that twice now.

Is $250K at 7% more attainable than $450K at 7%.

You seem to have an issue focusing on the question presented to you.
You're making a comparison that has nothing to do the discussion

Of course 250k at 7 is better than 400k at 7

That's not the issue shit4brains

A home that 4 years ago was a very nice home was affordable at 400k 3% interest

A 400k 7% interest home today is not LOOK AT THE GRAPHS

Ffs

Last edited:
You're making a comparison that has nothing to do the discussion

Of course 250k at 7 is better than 400k at 7

That's not the issue shit4brains

A home that 4 years ago was a very nice home was affordable at 400k 3% interest

A 400k 7% interest home today is not LOOK AT THE GRAPHS

Ffs

Still does not change what I said. As I pointed out earlier, there are plenty of affordable cities and communities all over this country; you just have to be willing to make the change. Places like Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Alabama, Mississippi, etc. are all affordable markets to most people. You probably won't be able to buy in more desirable markets like Phoenix, Vegas, Salt Lake, Boise, etc. My point, which seems to have escaped you, is that people can adapt to changing of the times.

Again, regarding the interest rates, of course 7% adds more overhead than 3%. At no point in time did I ever say otherwise. I correctly pointed out that a 7% interest rate is hardly unusual in our nation's history. Yes, it's higher than what we've enjoyed in recent years, but it's also significantly lower than what we've had in the past. If you don't like that, well, that's your choice. I will remind you that low borrowing rates were one of the factors that inflated housing prices and ultimately aided in the crash back in '08, so they aren't necessarily a good thing.

Still does not change what I said. As I pointed out earlier, there are plenty of affordable cities and communities all over this country; you just have to be willing to make the change. Places like Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Alabama, Mississippi, etc. are all affordable markets to most people. You probably won't be able to buy in more desirable markets like Phoenix, Vegas, Salt Lake, Boise, etc. My point, which seems to have escaped you, is that people can adapt to changing of the times.

Again, regarding the interest rates, of course 7% adds more overhead than 3%. At no point in time did I ever say otherwise. I correctly pointed out that a 7% interest rate is hardly unusual in our nation's history. Yes, it's higher than what we've enjoyed in recent years, but it's also significantly lower than what we've had in the past. If you don't like that, well, that's your choice. I will remind you that low borrowing rates were one of the factors that inflated housing prices and ultimately aided in the crash back in '08, so they aren't necessarily a good thing.
My point dumbass is your buddy Biden raising rates has pushed people out of their American Dream next time you feel the need to come in posts talking dumb shit check yourself and stop making threats cause your feefees got hurt. Put your big girl pants on and stfu

Forum List

Back