But....New Zealand banned guns...and felt morally superior....now their hospitals are filled with gun shot victims? Say What?

You should start with self-reflection. There is hope yet.
I'll try to make this more simple. We in the UK, New Zealand, Australia etc.. know about America's constitution and the term Rights. Despite you gun guys mouth frothing over it, we know about this Rights issue you're hung up on. That's not our argument, so you can park that to one side.

So ignoring guns, just like, for example cars, do you think some kind of training with testing and a licence whilst regulating cars, is a good idea or bad idea? Do you think this regulation of cars increases, reduces or eliminates road accidents and deaths?

Does requiring a car driving licence stop you from owning a car and driving it on the road?
In the US, we do not need a license to buy a car, own a car, keep a car on our powerty or operate it on private property.
A person in the US can have 50 vehicular homicide convictions, no hope of ever getting a driver's license in any state --- and still buy/sell as many cars as he likes.
And keep them on his property.
And can operate them,with out legal restriction, on private property.
Treat guns like cars? Ok.

350 in SIX YEARS?

Shows gun control is working
We get that on a weekend

The population of Auckland is 800,000. According to idiots, like you, there should be NO gun crimes.

After all, they are outlawed for normal people, and it is a FUCKING ISLAND!!!

So you don't have your normalgo to of the guns coming from an adjacent state.

DURRRR

In the US, we do not need a license to buy a car, own a car, keep a car on our powerty or operate it on private property.
A person in the US can have 50 vehicular homicide convictions, no hope of ever getting a driver's license in any state --- and still buy/sell as many cars as he likes.
And keep them on his property.
And can operate them,with out legal restriction, on private property.
Treat guns like cars? Ok.
People that cherry pick quotes can go and fuck off.

New Zealand didn't ban guns, they restricted certain types, you fuckwit.

Oh, and Merry Christmas.

The restrictions amount to a ban. I lived in New Zealand for a couple of years, Riccarton near Christchurch. I had friends who had gone through the onerous process to own pistols. And that was back in the 1980's!

The only guns that were readily available to anyone back then were side by side shotguns.

The criminals cut them down and used them. Duh. That's what criminals do.

The Black Power gang, and the Mongrel Mob, not to mention the Mongols, and Hells Angels, have never had problems getting guns no matter the laws.

That is a simple fact.

New Zealand: 2.53
US: 32.57

Sounds like New Zealand is doing something right. What is the OP whining about?

The primary criminal element in New Zealand are the gangs. And, for the most part, they limit their violence to opposing gangs.

The criminal element in the city of Chicago outnumbers ALL the gangs in New Zealand by over 10 to one.

We have access to over 300 million guns
No other Country in the world has that open an access to firepower

Indeed, and you are more likely to be killed by a doctors mistake, than by a gun.

You have it back to front, the law abiding population tends to be the ones that seek and obtain a gun certificate if they wish too. The ones with a tarnished character would be denied one. That's the whole purpose.

In America, it's called background checks, it's just that some countries do them more thorough whilst knowing which guns are not suitable for home use.

And yet the gangs in New Zealand are better armed than the police now.
Huh, I wonder how that happened?

The restrictions amount to a ban. I lived in New Zealand for a couple of years, Riccarton near Christchurch. I had friends who had gone through the onerous process to own pistols. And that was back in the 1980's!

The only guns that were readily available to anyone back then were side by side shotguns.

The criminals cut them down and used them. Duh. That's what criminals do.

The Black Power gang, and the Mongrel Mob, not to mention the Mongols, and Hells Angels, have never had problems getting guns no matter the laws.

That is a simple fact.
Apply for a New Zealand firearms licence

You're welcome to point out the word "ban" in this link.

Gun culture prevents the safe handling and responsible use of firearms.

What a contemptible lie. It is the gun culture that developed ALL of the safety rules that your buddy baldwin chose to ignore when he killed that poor woman.

Cos you say so. Lol.

No, beause it is true. One of my best friends in New Zealand is a retired chief of police for Dunedin.

He keeps me well informed. Your information is that which the government feeds you, I get it unfiltered.

Forum List

Back