2 dead many injured in New Zealand mass shooting...but, gun control?

We were told this would not happen again....New Zealand banned guns after the rare mass public shooting they had a few years ago....and it happened again....

The only thing keeping this from being an actual mass oublic shooting?

The guy failed to kill 3 people......he had a gun....which we are rold cant happen in New Zealand....

So how good is gun control on this big island?

He was a known criminal.

He was a prohibited individual.

He was a known mentally ill individual.

He had a history of family violence

He did not have a license for the gun.

That is how good gun control works in New Zealand....

New Zealand is in mourning after a shooting in Auckland left two people dead, hours before the city opened the Fifa Women's World Cup.
Six other people, including police officers, were injured and the gunman is also dead after the incident at 07:22 (19:22 GMT) on a construction site in the central business district.
-------
The man was known to police and had a history of family violence and mental health issues. He had been subject to a home detention order but had an exemption to work at the site. He did not have a license to own a firearm.

I am not for gun control.

But I don't see this argument as being meaningful.....in general. It's a rare event. Here it is pretty common.

I think the only point I see here is that he was not licensed, but he got a firearm.

Isn't that one of the complaints against registration ?

I am not for gun control.

But I don't see this argument as being meaningful.....in general. It's a rare event. Here it is pretty common.

I think the only point I see here is that he was not licensed, but he got a firearm.

Isn't that one of the complaints against registration ?

It isn't common...what is common is gang violence in cities run by the democrat party...where the democrat party judges, prosecutors and politicians keep releasing the criminals who are doing all of the shooting.....

Actual mass public shootings in the U.S.....by definition.....in 2021"

Out of over 350 million Americans.....

Total killed

Deer kill 200 people a year
Ladders kill 300 people a year
cars kill over 40,000

No, the complaint against gun registration is it is only desired by anti-gun extremists because they want to use it when they have the power to ban and confiscate guns....there is no other reason for it....it doesn't help the police solve crimes......

I will ask you....what would registration have done in this case? The gun would have been registered and he would have taken that gun and used it......so registration has no bearing on street shootings or mass public shootings...

What type of weapon did the Russian use? Was it a semi-automatic like the AR-15?

The Russian in the Kerch, Russia, Polytechnick school shooting used a 5 shot, pump action shotgun....and murdered 20 people......

Doofus, it wasn't how you could buy them, it was who the gun industry marketed to.

We had a National Firearms Act that restricted how many guns were sold and who sold them. What we didn't have was a gun industry selling to people like you who have a fetish.

They sold guns to hunters. Then people realized that murdering animals really wasn't a fun activity. So they changed their market to criminals and people afraid of criminals.

Moron.....the National Firearms act didn't do anything like that...

Actually using the new definition of mass shooting 4 or more people shoot it is a mass shooting.

actually, obama changed the number down to 3 killed.....they weren't getting enough mass public shootings with the 4 killed number......

Total number of mass public shootings in 2021?

12 people out of over 350 million Americans...

actually, obama changed the number down to 3 killed.....they weren't getting enough mass public shootings with the 4 killed number......

Total number of mass public shootings in 2021?

12 people out of over 350 million Americans...
Now it's changed to 4 being shot regradless of the number of dead.

363772475_806578721294549_4748425558366961618_n.jpg

But that's the point... they banned them three years ago, and this is the first time one has slipped through.

We've had HUNDREDS of "Mass shootings" where at least two people died.
Guns aren't banned in New Zealand. Also, when regulations change and certain gun models fall foul, some are handed in, others take decades to be handed in through amnesty hand in events. Some people will keep illegal guns.

But just like regulations and laws on many things, they're designed to reduce incidents, not stop.

Like all countries that restrict the right to keep and bear arms, citizens of New Zealand have no right to posses any firearm. The government, via the police, MAY issue a license at its sole discretion, without the right of appeal to an independent authority. Even if a license is granted, carry of any type is prohibited. Possession to protect persons, even VIPs is absolutely prohibited. The police MAY, again at their sole discretion, provide VIP protection. Most firearms are banned, military and military look-alike weapons are banned. Even something like a M-1 Garand is banned because the clip holds more than seven rounds and the historical Short Magazine Lee-Enfield carried by Kiwis is WWI, WWII and Korea is banned because the internal magazine contains ten rounds. Criminals are absolutely forbidden to own or possess firearms, but that still doesn’t stop gun crime. Self- defense has to be proportional to the use of force by the attacker. This to be determined by the police, again without any right to appeal short of a trial.

Like all countries that restrict the right to keep and bear arms, citizens of New Zealand have no right to posses any firearm. The government, via the police, MAY issue a license at its sole discretion, without the right of appeal to an independent authority. Even if a license is granted, carry of any type is prohibited. Possession to protect persons, even VIPs is absolutely prohibited. The police MAY, again at their sole discretion, provide VIP protection. Most firearms are banned, military and military look-alike weapons are banned. Even something like a M-1 Garand is banned because the clip holds more than seven rounds and the historical Short Magazine Lee-Enfield carried by Kiwis is WWI, WWII and Korea is banned because the internal magazine contains ten rounds. Criminals are absolutely forbidden to own or possess firearms, but that still doesn’t stop gun crime. Self- defense has to be proportional to the use of force by the attacker. This to be determined by the police, again without any right to appeal short of a trial.
And the pacified will make all kind of excuses to support the above.

Kiwi's and Aussies make a big show about independence but when push comes to shove they get drunk and cave into the convoluted half-British liberal government sanctions that had them in leg irons two centuries ago.

Forum List

Back