Burger King condemned by conservative group for using ‘the d-word’ in ad campaign

Most everyone, most everywhere is going to be offended by something, somewhere.
I agree, but on the other hand, if the goal is to attract customers to a business, saying and doing things that will most likely be offensive is not the way to make such a thing take place.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
"Damn" is offensive nowadays? It is 2020 after all...........

so?
I mean I get it, but still -
We could at least pretend to strive to be better as the dates get bigger.

One Millions Moms' whole business model is to be in a perpetual state of outage in the hopes it will drive donations to their organization and the American Family Association.
That seems to be the business model for almost all partisan organizations these days, use the media's love of controversy to gain face time and generate income.......... Uuuummmmm, maybe I should try that....... :thup:
Is Tipper Gore up to it again?

We must never forget the moment Clarke Gable destroyed the sanctity of America by uttering the most profane words in American media..

Luckily conservative Christians stood up and boycotted that piece of obscene trash....

However, it was only a matter of time that such profanity would make its way into our burger commercials.....

Most everyone, most everywhere is going to be offended by something, somewhere.
I agree, but on the other hand, if the goal is to attract customers to a business, saying and doing things that will most likely be offensive is not the way to make such a thing take place.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
"Damn" is offensive nowadays? It is 2020 after all...........

so?
I mean I get it, but still -
We could at least pretend to strive to be better as the dates get bigger.
True, this is the Age of Offendedness after all, why not give in......... :eusa_whistle:

I don't think it's necessary for a place of business to do this. They think it makes them cool but I disagree. That noted, a couple points. It's a very minor thing and something I'm not going to worry over or stop me from going to Burger King.

The second point is a bit of a generalization but I think it appropriate. Most Conservatives support Trump. Trump routinely takes the Lord's name in vain and not a peep out of most of them.

One Millions Moms' whole business model is to be in a perpetual state of outage in the hopes it will drive donations to their organization and the American Family Association.
That seems to be the business model for almost all partisan organizations these days, use the media's love of controversy to gain face time and generate income.......... Uuuummmmm, maybe I should try that....... :thup:

Watching Frank Zappa, John Denver, and, Dee Sinder shred her cause at PMRC Hearings are some of the most classic moments in music history of the last century.

I don't think it's necessary for a place of business to do this. They think it makes them cool but I disagree. That noted, a couple points. It's a very minor thing and something I'm not going to worry over or stop me from going to Burger King.

The second point is a bit of a generalization but I think it appropriate. Most Conservatives support Trump. Trump routinely takes the Lord's name in vain and not a peep out of most of them.

What do you goddamn mean by that?

What do you goddamn mean by that?

I thought I was clear. What are you confused over?

Until One Million Moms can produce their outrage at Trump's language, They can shove their fake outrage up their one million asses.

A group of right wing bigoted women.

I listened to the overture to The Barber of Seville this morning. :lol:

Watching Frank Zappa, John Denver, and, Dee Sinder shred her cause at PMRC Hearings are some of the most classic moments in music history of the last century.
Watch out where the huskies go and don't you eat that yellow snow.......

good idea-----Ya think that the AMA can get money by claiming ----
in the name of the cardiologists that 'HAMBURGER' is a dirty word?

how about CAIR------getting upset over 'HAM' burger

I remember where I was when I had to explain this commercial to my son...…

If only there was a conservative group there to protect my child from such filth....

I remember fighting back my tears when I saw how that commercial ripped away my son's innocence.....

Until One Million Moms can produce their outrage at Trump's language, They can shove their fake outrage up their one million asses.

A group of right wing bigoted women.
Attacks on free speech have always been more of a leftist thing, so why did you presume that they are right wing?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back