Britain's Green Energy Fails!!!!

Great Britain is suffering rising energy prices because they became over reliant on unreliable Solar and Wind electricity. It does not matter how cheap something is if it is unreliable. And yes, cheap as in Great Britain must spend at least $4 trillion on Wind Turbines?
Good Lord. You continue to make wild ass claims, and not a single credible reference to back them up. Mrs. Elektra, you are a fools fool.

So, to sum it all up, you have no point to make except to take pleasure at the misfortune of a bunch of people that isn't you.
Very nice.
ah, what is wrong, you have no facts to play with so you must denigrate the messenger. I do not wish Solar or Wind on anybody, not even on the stupid people such as yourself. But hey, your rhetoric just cost the people of Great Britain money they do not have. I do not laugh at the misfortune you perpetrated on Great Britain, tiny your voice may be, but your voice is part of the problem hence you are the problem in Great Britain.

Wind and Solar power have failed, rising prices are the burden. A calamity we have warned of, a calamity you callously laugh off while other's suffer.

Good Lord. You continue to make wild ass claims, and not a single credible reference to back them up. Mrs. Elektra, you are a fools fool.
Well, now is your opportunity to prove how smart you are and link to what it will cost Great Britain to achieve it's goal. Go ahead and include what they have already spent.

Go ahead, show us what was spent and what must be spent. After all, you proclaim yourself so smart, so go ahead, do it. Show us your brain!

They buy power from overseas...so what?
That's part of their electricity system.
Why is the USA importing electricity from Canada and Mexico?

If their "renewable" power is so great, why do they have
to import increasing amounts of power from France?

Because California sucks.

ah, what is wrong, you have no facts to play with so you must denigrate the messenger. I do not wish Solar or Wind on anybody, not even on the stupid people such as yourself. But hey, your rhetoric just cost the people of Great Britain money they do not have. I do not laugh at the misfortune you perpetrated on Great Britain, tiny your voice may be, but your voice is part of the problem hence you are the problem in Great Britain.

Wind and Solar power have failed, rising prices are the burden. A calamity we have warned of, a calamity you callously laugh off while other's suffer.
But...they haven't failed...they supply almost half of Britain's annual requirements.
Those are the facts that you choose to ignore so that you can indulge in your petty idealogical schadenfreude.

If their "renewable" power is so great, why do they have
to import increasing amounts of power from France?

Because California sucks.
Rightly or wrongly that's the way they've set up their electricity supply...to import a substantial proportion of it.
That's private enterprise I suppose.
I'm sure they import lots of stuff rather than produce it locally...like the US does...including electricity.
Over-reliance on one source of electricity is a risk...it doesn't matter what it is...keeping coal plants available to be fired up as a backup was obviously prudent.
The system worked.

The cable to France was knocked out because of greenies...apparently...and the power stayed on.
So, no bullshit.
no, the power went off for many, and was restored.

The cable will not be fixed until March, Great Britain's energy prices are skyrocketing now.

Rightly or wrongly that's the way they've set up their electricity supply...to import a substantial proportion of it.

Nothing says green energy success like importing more and more of your electricity.

keeping coal plants available to be fired up as a backup was obviously prudent.
The system worked.

1631844154845.png

Obviously!

In Texas, they created the problem of unreliable energy, period. For lack of cold weather preparation, their wind, coal, gas, and nuclear energy failed, and, because they are not connected to a national grid, their grid failed. As a result, many in Texas died, and many more suffered major financial losses. In the meantime, their glorified Texas Senator was off the Cancun.

Interesting how libs ragged on Cruz for going on a vacation during the Texas ice storm, yet had no problem with Biden going on vacation and refusing to end his vacation during the Afghanistan retreat.

Of course the 'Conservatives' are. That is all they are good for, is to create problems, and gloat that other people also have problems. They are incapable of considering solutions.
Solutions like not turning off the reliable coal? That wasn't so hard now, was it? Anyone who has followed the farcical green energy trend could tell you wind and solar are not viable long-term solutions. There is no storage nor capability for on demand power.

Conservatives would have us living in caves to satisfy their stupidity.
I am not sure what point this thread is trying to make.. The Uk is moving towards green energy and the lesson is that we need to move faster.

I am old enough to remember the 3 day week and actual blackouts when the miners went on strike and opec hiked the oil price. The OP would see us go back to those dark days.

I am not sure what point this thread is trying to make.. The Uk is moving towards green energy and the lesson is that we need to move faster.

I am old enough to remember the 3 day week and actual blackouts when the miners went on strike and opec hiked the oil price. The OP would see us go back to those dark days.

Caves have zero emissions. A liberal dream come true.

Yes, move faster. Your unreliable green energy works best when you can import
plenty of France's non-green nuclear.

Forum List

Back