BREAKING: Barbra Streisand says she “can’t live in this country” if Donald Trump wins the presidency

Tell that dumb bitch that an American can't just move to England. You have to get a permanent residency visa. The only visa for her would be an investor visa considering how much money she has.

And here is the funny thing, she is actually one of the most obscenely wealthy individuals in entertainment.

Decades ago, in order to get a big tax break from the state she donated her Malibu ranch to them. Around 25 acres, with a mansion and several guest houses. And because it was in a quiet residential area, it was literally turned into a state park that nobody can visit. But I worked there for about 2 weeks decades ago putting in an updated network infrastructure.

The place was almost obscene, and I simply shook my head as at that time she was always ranting about the "rich", apparently not even realizing that as she is worth in excess of $400 million she is one of the wealthiest individuals in the nation. In fact, she is wealthier than all but a couple of the richest CEOs in the world. And most of their wealth is not even real, but in "stock options" and things like that, which is not even "real money". Hence, why Elon Musk lost over $60 billion in two weeks, and Elizabeth Holmes went from being worth over $4.5 billion to $0. Their money is not in actual assets, but the value of all the stock they own.

And if that stock or company tanks, they can almost overnight become worth absolutely nothing. Where as the celebrities like Babs will still have their mansions, their cars, their jewels and clothes, and a hell of a lot of other hard assets that they could sell and live comfortably off of for the rest of their lives. Most of your executives have their wealth tied up in the stocks of the companies they manage, and have very strict laws in place to how much of it they can sell, when, and how. Babs can decide tomorrow to put her Palm Springs mansion up for sale, and sell it the next day and nobody can tell her otherwise.

But an executive has to first notify the SEC if they want to sell off a bunch of their stock, and carefully try to do it in a way that it follows all the financial laws, but the sale itself does not end up tanking the value of the company. Something both Jobs and Musk have been accused of doing.

Panama is OK

Panama and Belize are actually full of Expat Americans for several reasons.

For both of them, it is popular because their currencies are pegged to the US dollar. 1 to 1 for the Panama Balboa, 2 to 1 for the Belize dollar (US$1 = Be$2). And having been in Panama myself, they do not even actually use their own currency. All paper money is American money, and their coins are minted by the US to the exact size and weight of US coins of the same value so either will work in vending machines.

And while English is common in Panama, it is the official language of Belize. Outside of veterans going to the Philippines and retired Californians to Mexico, Panama and Belize likely have among the highest expat communities in the world.

Barbra triggers the RWingers. Hah Ha Ha! And what else is new.
I can respect her if she was in the middle of the Islamic herd protesting/rioting against Israel like at the DNC headquarters. Instead, we see the truth of how all of this equality pushed and the reality that some are more equal with many others inferior due to equity.

We have looked at a few places, Malta, Panama, Portugal, Singapore, Australia, and Costa Rica.

Right now Panama is leading as the best place to set up home base in retirement. It has a thriving ex-pat community from all over the world, it is centrally located for travel and have wonderful weather and a variety of climates. There are so many Veterans that have retired there that there is a VSO in Panama City.

Our plan is to use it as a base and get in as much travelling as we can stand in the first 10 years or so of retirement. The wife still enjoys her job and if she stays there for a few more years has a pension for life so that is why we are still here.

It's Australia for me where I have a daughter.

By the way, Babs should reconsider her choice of England. Lots of anti-Semites there in the form of Islamists.

I know all of you have been waiting patiently, some impatiently to hear her plans. Some people build bomb shelters, Barbra will simply move to another country.

By the way, she's leaning towards 'England'. She says she likes it.

They all said that same shit after the 2016 election and they are still here. I wish they would keep their word. It would be nice to be shed of them.

Don't worry, Babs. Our institutions are strong, and they will hold against the orange pile of shit again, just like they did last time.

She won't do it. She will bitch and whine and complain and make idle threats but if he is president again then she won't ever mention this again and act like she never said it

She just wants some cheap attention is all it is.

Ahhhhh.....there you go..... she is promoting her new book....."My Name is Barbra"

Any publicity is good publicity I guess!

Forum List

Back